Player
    Character
    Reynhart Kristensen
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 80

"Go easy, DDs" = Issue

Several posts point towards the fact that PLD need some time to build hate before DDs could actually join in the fun.

There could be a very small improvement to fix this issue.

Flash should be modified to give A LOT more Enmity if used on a non-agressive enemy.
    This way, if PLD engage with Flash, they will have a very nice boost on enmity and DD could start the fight just after without worrying about enmity. Of course, in the long term, PLD still have to manage his enmity/MP/Cooldown if he wants to stay at the top.

Besides, GLA would also benefit from it, for people who prefer tanking with it.
    (1)

Character
    Hiir Noivl
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    As a PLD I dont' have this problem. There's enough enemy + accessories now to make keeping hate easy for even a n00bie/terrible PLD.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Reynhart Kristensen
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 80
    Indeed there are ways to counter this issue, but it makes us focus mainly on enmity gear.
    With this, maybe we can pick our materia and stuff in the defense department
    (0)

Character
    Hiir Noivl
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    I've strengthened my VIT on my PLD, unfortunately this means putting aside some of the AF gear which looks awesome but has terrible stats. With only AF gear (no accessories) You have a pretty sad DEF 630/VIT 275. With my mixed AF set up, no accessories, it's DEF675/VIT314 So, not all that big of a change (not even capped) but it makes it easier to stack enmity with accessories and Materia without sacrificing DEF/VIT. Maybe someone can post an optimal set up for the current PLD, I know I don't have it and I would like to know what it is.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Frein Mannis
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by HiirNoivl View Post
    As a PLD I dont' have this problem. There's enough enemy + accessories now to make keeping hate easy for even a n00bie/terrible PLD.
    Enmity+ is incredibly inefficient as you need +30 to gain just a 1% increase in enmity generated. If you're holding hate well, it's because of other factors.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Hoshikogi Douatama
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    I would not worry much about this for long. Since the developers are keeping quiet (at least that's what other players are saying) I'm sure they plan to "adjust" warrior such that this will no longer be an issue, that is, unless the developers are willing to provide information concerning this particular matter.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tarragon Lai
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Frein View Post
    Enmity+ is incredibly inefficient as you need +30 to gain just a 1% increase in enmity generated. If you're holding hate well, it's because of other factors.
    Each +1 to enmity = roughly a .1% increase. +30 enmity would be a 3% increase in hate generated by any action the pld takes. 30 =/= 1%.

Critical rate is shown at about a 30/1 ratio.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Nalerius Scarletton
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 51
    Quote Originally Posted by HiirNoivl View Post
    Problem is, some of us don't have the luxury on some materia or gears. PLD is very gear dependent.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Nok Nokinator
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 50
    madining potion
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Frein Mannis
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Peptaru View Post
    Each +1 to enmity = roughly a .1% increase. +30 enmity would be a 3% increase in hate generated by any action the pld takes. 30 =/= 1%.

Critical rate is shown at about a 30/1 ratio.
    Hmm, I'll have to double check my numbers. In any case, it's bad.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast