Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: loldrg?

Player

loldrg?

Is Dragoon end game similar to FFXI where everyone hated on them and neglected them? I want to roll LNC so that i can try DRG out and am just wondering if im going to be excluded from opportunities due to job favoritism.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ruri Valeth
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    Like any job it's fine if played right.
    (3)
    Signature created by Selli (Thank you!) Glamour is the true end game. My favorite FFXIV screenshots and fanart collection: nihil242.tumblr.com

Player

I understand that, but a lot of people discriminate as you know
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mementus Veventus
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    Its not impossible to get a ls who will take you as a drg but pick up groups will not often take a drg to most endgame. Right now you have to be war, whm, blm or brd to be favored and mnk is favored in some content. This will not likely change untill the lancer/dragoon buff in 1.22b which is a month or so away.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Frein Mannis
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    LNC was my first L50 class. Nowadays I never use it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zetsumei Tsunarashi
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    I find that you're better off staying as a lancer rather than dragoon, because you lose a lot of utility and survivability without all your sub class skills. People tend to complain a lot less if you can keep yourself alive and the healers don't have to pay so much attention to you.

If you have decent materia'd gear, you don't lose much in the way of dps either.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Yjrn Eruyt
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 80
    Sad truth is, most pickup groups only search for BLM/WAR, WHM & BRD. Some LS members of mine liked to say "loldrg" but they didn't had any experience with this job - Most of them keep quiet know that they saw me in action.

I'm in luck to run Garuda with DRG and my DPS is around 59-75, with parser rankings up to #1-2, sometimes only #3 when the acc goddess don't like me or Garuda moves too much. Most of the time i can only be outdmg'ed by one of our BLM's and he got two to tripple melded gear.

Just some Garuda parsers i made today, and i know there a DRG's out there that can score much better:

But to be frank, it's much easier to play BLM on fights like Garuda, the movement of hers makes it hard to land combos from the correct side, i have no trouble doing that but as i say: "Playing melee on garuda is hard, every minute in this fight makes me grow 1h older in RL"

We still haven't beaten her yet, but got her around 10-15% now... And up till now we managed all encounters with melee setups except chimära, even the speedruns.

What i wanted to say: DRG is definitely a incredible DMG dealer in endgame content. But most of the DRGs i see just don't cut it, DRG is a difficult but extremely fun Job to play, if you feeling up to the task and are willed to prove that you are good than you should have no problems... But when you are searching for easy time, pick BLM... BLM never gets old^^
    (4)
    Last edited by Arland; 05-07-2012 at 07:23 AM.

Player
    Character
    Velhart Aurion
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    BLM and WAR being OP and convenient just makes it hard for DRG and MNK. Nothing wrong with DRG or MNK, people only like to class stack these days, and DRG is not the popular one this patch.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Agilo Sur
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 23
    It goes back and forth. It used to be that LNCs were overpowered and now they have fallen out of favor. Players look for the easiest/safest way to achieve results, and given the variability among classes/jobs, right now class stacking ranged classes/jobs is primary easy/safe way to achieve success for current content. My advice is to level what you want, find a solid LS, and you will end up happy.

Happy hunting
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lil Cairn
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    At first, I thought this is a thread about a player ign "Lol Drg" in Masamune... ._.

(4)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast