Player
    Character
    Umisame Makaiju
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60

Flame Sergeant's Spear VS Ifrit's Harpoon

I used parser with Flame Sergeant's Spear and Ifrit's Harpoon, last one has 19 more dmg on weapon:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...0E&output=html

You can see that weaponskills from FSS get more dmg when i add more str/pty, maybe same cap as ifrit's harpoon.

If im not wrong, dmg from weapon dont change cap stats, maybe DPS. Weapons from garuda could be very good.

Flame Sergeant's Tabard +FS Spear+ AF feet = -65 enmity
    (4)
    Last edited by Umisame; 04-30-2012 at 09:39 PM.

Player
    Character
    Frein Mannis
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    That's an interesting hypothesis, however, your test seems to have very small sample sizes (even though I'm sure you spent a lot of time on this) and you didn't test with all else equal stats to properly isolate the effect of weapon damage on WS.

If SE has actually normalized weapon speeds for WS and the calculation uses raw DPS rather than raw damage as a modifier, we may have to reconsider the way we rank weapons.
    (0)
    Last edited by Frein; 05-01-2012 at 02:04 AM.

Player
    Character
    Vynce Walker
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Frein View Post
    That's an interesting hypothesis, however, your test seems to have very small sample sizes (even though I'm sure you spent a lot of time on this) and you didn't test with all else equal stats to properly isolate the effect of weapon damage on WS.

If SE has actually normalized weapon speeds for WS and the calculation uses raw DPS rather than raw damage as a modifier, we may have to reconsider the way we rank weapons.

You definitely can't consider it more than just a preliminary test, but I think this opens up the possibility that some things may have changed in terms of damage calculation. The test does prove that these weapons can hang with Ifrit's Harpoon, and in some cases surpass them (tho i think thats due to the piety bonus). But if we consider that Garuda's weapons are even superior to these GC weapons, I think the verdict is out that these new weapons are at least sidegrades, if not upgrades outright.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Myrhn Shirayuki
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    also have to take in consideration that if you die you will lose the sanction buff
    (0)
    I love the official forums, they tell you to use the search for thread about what you wanted to talk but when you use it they judge for necro a thread.

Player
    Character
    Frein Mannis
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrhn View Post
    also have to take in consideration that if you die you will lose the sanction buff
    Yes but it would also have significant implications for the usefulness of many other weapons, most notably the Garuda drops. I find it strange that nobody seems to have posted any first impressions of them even though many have dropped. I don't have one so I can't try it myself.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Astral Moonlight
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 46
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrhn View Post
    I died today afking.. when I came back to kill stuff I was doing the same damage I was before I died :P.
    (0)
    Want to know about Ishgard and See their High Houses?
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...nsion-name-%29

Player
    Character
    Silvano Conri
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    From Seiken on his STR/PIE/ATK post:

"Another tidbit of data that me and my LS mate kaeko have been trying to analyze is that the "cap" for all the classes is not a fixed value. It has various factors that influence the caps. For example, If you parse on an Ifrit's Axe versus a Mog Axe you will find that the stats cap 3-5 points lower. If you wear a really low base damage weapon (I tested on a weapon with 59 base damage) you will find you have already capped your stats without wearing any gear. The frustrating part of the testing is that different Jobs/Classes have different Base Damage values for Ifrit Weapons, yet they all cap pretty much at the same values. Also, the base damage difference (as far I can tell) seems to be non-linear in stat cap influence. Most of this testing was pre-1.21 so once the game quiets down again I'll go back and revisit the data."

Edit: Hrm, went back and looked at your stats, and they are super-beefy. Not sure then, although 50-60 auto-attacks signifies about 10 mobs as well. Also, make sure you aren't attacking mobs that can def buff themselves (which I did the first time I tried to test xD). It would be interesting to see conflicting data to Seiken's testing...let the battle of number crunching begin!

Edit 2: I think it's the 20 PIE difference :3. Take a look at your WS difference on FSS with 337 v 355 STR (esp. Doomspike, RoT, Impulse Drive, Dragonfire Dive). Honestly, I think this can kind of show us which WS utilize which stats the most (if the trend is similar on a larger scale).
    (0)
    Last edited by Silvano; 05-01-2012 at 08:31 PM.

Player
    Character
    Elasandria Servion
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Has anyone, I haven't looked around, tested for not only weapon dmg being a factor in stat caps, but weapon rank. It stands to reason that if all Ifrit weapons are R50 they'd all cap at the same value, which also means that Garuda/GC/Crafted all would have the same stat caps. It makes sense too then that a R10 weapon would be capped w/o gear, and that 5 different R50 spears w/ differing dmg(base and dps) values would have the same stat caps but offer different dmg on WSs. WRank is a means to ensure that people continue to upgrade weapons, in ffxi wrank was based on the base dmg (dmg/10 + 1 iirc) of a weapon and had a significant impact.

I doubt that SE changed the way dmg is being calculated and didn't mention it at all. They've been surprisingly forthright for the last year or so about every change they've made, I don't see them changing that now, not with something that would have the kind of impact on things that revamped dmg equations would have.

Edit: If it was wrank from FFXI used as a model, then we've all been looking at PLD skewed, it's relatively low weapon dmg values would translate into reduced stat caps making it easier to spread your stats out while still hitting caps ...
    (0)
    Last edited by Enfarious; 05-01-2012 at 09:01 PM.

XIV Pad: http://xivpads.com/?Elasandria-Servion-Hyperion
    Linkshell: http://sd-is.guildwork.com
    Rig: https://www.dropbox.com/sc/jv56yukhpi7413q/gQTzd-DS9y
    FX-8150 @4.1GHz; 8Gigs ripjaws @1600; OCZ Vertex 3 128GB SSD; WDC 1TB HDD;
    XFX Radeon HD 7970;

Player
    Character
    Kaeko Leta
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    I'd encourage you guys to look more into base damage testing. The stuff Valk and I did is very limited and from previous patches.
    (0)
    Dancing Mad (Excalibur Server)

Player
    Character
    Syntax Lies
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Leatherworker Lv 50
    did you test with or without sanction
    (0)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast