Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: HQ Ore

Player

HQ Ore

Anyone know how to increase the drop rate for HQ ore ???
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Raldo Volca
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Wolf Howl
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    ^^ To expand on just "Perception", you can load Perception in every single available gear slot and still not notice a difference to the naked eye. The trade is going from a balanced gathering, output, perception build where you get max 8 attempts and single swing pulls, to a heavy perception build by lowering your gathering and have to double tap the high ore in the node. In my own experience the increase in HQ is so minimal that I even question the extra time for the double taps over time lost on another node. IE over a mining run I spent X seconds/minutes double taping, would I have been better off using that time to go to an extra node at the end of my run I would have reached in balanced gear.
    (1)
    Come on down to Al Harrington's Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man Emporium and Warehouse! Route 2 in Weekapaug.

Player
    Character
    Zetsumei Tsunarashi
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    The hamlet militia helmets has an effect on it that "increases chance to find HQ items" I'd be interested to see the effects of that played out.

Anyone have one of the helmets and noticed a difference ?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Master Matsume
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Zetsumei_Tsunarashi View Post
    The hamlet militia helmets has an effect on it that "increases chance to find HQ items" I'd be interested to see the effects of that played out.

Anyone have one of the helmets and noticed a difference ?

Bracelets too
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Emily Kamba
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    A balanced skill set of Gathering, Perception and Output is your best shot. Raptor Skin gear, Cobalt Dolabra (Unless you have Luminary tool) aspected with gathering or output, and HQ if you can get the gear HQ. You'll get more hits per node and it wont take as many hits to get the item. stacking perception isn't worth it atm.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Noctis Umbra
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    At level 50 it only takes 114 Output to get all 8 hits at a node. Gathering is pretty much useless for primary nodes so don't even worry about it. Primarily stack Perception once you satisfy 114 Output. Also, stack MND.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Master Matsume
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayden View Post
    stacking perception isn't worth it atm.
    Totally not true

Also buy yourself some +perception food while you're at it, it can be found in the grocers row under dairy products, rolanberry cheese or lassi are best.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Emily Kamba
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Matsume View Post
    Totally not true

Also buy yourself some +perception food while you're at it, it can be found in the grocers row under dairy products, rolanberry cheese or lassi are best.
    The key is to balance Perception, Gathering and Output. Since stacking perception to the max, with all gear slots stacked, doesn't REALLY give you a noticeable increase in HQ ore.

Best way to get HQ ore, spend a lot of time mining, at level 50, in level 5 node areas and memorize sweetspots and remainder bars. With all stats balanced you'll probably...taking luck into consideration...come out with just as much HQ ore as your friends who stacked perception. In fact you may even have more because you wouldn't have ignored Output and you'll only have to swing once at each spot wile they have to swing twice. ^_^ just saying.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Raldo Volca
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    The key is to get just enough Gathering and Output to do your 8-strike mostly-one-hit successes, then stack perception, is what we're all saying. Not "ignore everything but perception".

If you're keeping your stats balanced, you probably have more Gathering(120ish?)/Output(114) than is necessary.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast