Page 234 of 300 FirstFirst ... 134 184 224 232 233 234 235 236 244 284 ... LastLast
Results 2,331 to 2,340 of 2992

Thread: FFXIV Meme's

Player

Oh I remember that LOL. Salvage duping!! XD That was a MASS ban of epic proportions
    (3)
    facebook.com/thancred

Character
    Alerith Rayneheart
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Shougun View Post
    Imo Dragonballz characters in English > Japanese lol
    DBZ is a bad example becuase the third-party TeamFourStar dubs put both the original Japanese and the official english dubs to shame.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Austen Bloodspatter
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Shougun View Post
    Imo Dragonballz characters in English > Japanese lol

Goku ripped paint off the walls in English, in Japanese I felt like he was taking a major deuce lol (or something to do with that region)

I havent watched every episode some I'm sure there are bad dubs in there but Goku alone made me like it over the original language - dubs in general of any language are bad, its not like there are not good English (or any other language) voice actors its just they dont put the money into getting them.

ya, DBZ is one of few animes where eng sounds better it's just cause it's some female playing more than half of the males ^^ some old lady playing goku, gohan, goten etc. Powering up a new SSJ mode for the first time, is like 1 min of screeching lols.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Coris Teijan
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 61
    EDIT: deleted 'cause... feeling awkward about it.

For the Anime Dubs/Subs:
    I prefer Japanese with English subs, because most Animes aren't subbed in German and if they are dubbed... Well they sometimes don't fit. Even though there are some good german dubbed ones like Samurai Champloo.
    (Once I watched Bleach [just 100 episodes, got tired of fillers.] in Japanese but had to check out English Dubbed episodes.. Was awful ._. )
    (2)
    Last edited by Coris; 02-08-2013 at 10:16 AM.

Boxed Turtle Collector | Black Ravyn | Crow | Art by Sa'niquel Amrita
    "You've cheated death too many times. Greed may do your bidding, but death serves no man." - Six of Crows

Player
    Character
    Y'ruh Tia
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 66
    Thank you. Anti-dubbing Nazis need to be put in their place.

Another thing you didn't mention: if a person doesn't speak Japanese, how can they know the quality of the acting? Sure, there are some obvious cases (see the Sub-Zero/Scorpion episodes of the new MK webseries), but for the most part people can't appreciate every nuance unless they fully understand what's being said.
    (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukkirii View Post
    I'll save you Yoshida!

/casts Raise

Player

I prefer subtittled versions simply because I really can't abide the inevitable squawking american voice acting. It may just be me, but it always seems to cheapen the whole thing.
    (8)

Character
    Skye Windbinder
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 67
    I, personally, prefer dubbed. I watch an anime to see the action. If I want to read the action, I'll go buy the book version of it, lol. Plus, many times, the subtitles go by so fast you don't get to finish reading them, meanwhile, while you're trying to read it, some cool animation (magic, explosions, or whatever) is happening that you don't get to appreciate because you're busy trying to read what was said so you can know what's going on, and then you'll have to rewind in order to see/read whatever you missed... AURGH!!!!

(1)

Player
    Character
    Punainen Drak
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Jane View Post
    I prefer subtittled versions simply because I really can't abide the inevitable squawking american voice acting. It may just be me, but it always seems to cheapen the whole thing.
    This and they normally alter what the characters are saying just for the sake of trying to better match the lip movements, and thus ruin the original story. I first watched Death Note dubbed, then trying to watch it on Adult Swim, it was kind of insulting the way they changed the lines so much.

Though a few dubs are superior. Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, FLCL, Golden Boy... Others are acceptable, like Full Metal Alchemist. Though in general, I try to go for subs in order to get the story as it was meant to be.
    (1)
    Last edited by Punainen; 02-08-2013 at 05:40 AM.

Player
    Character
    Amanda Huggenkiss
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    (12)
    I like frog

Player
    Character
    Za'karn Riskbreaker
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Punainen View Post
    This and they normally alter what the characters are saying just for the sake of trying to better match the lip movements, and thus ruin the original story. I first watched Death Note dubbed, then trying to watch it on Adult Swim, it was kind of insulting the way they changed the lines so much.

Though a few dubs are superior. Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, FLCL, Golden Boy... Others are acceptable, like Full Metal Alchemist. Though in general, I try to go for subs in order to get the story as it was meant to be.
    I remember watching an anime on DVD. I had the english voices turned on and the english subtitles at the same time. It was like watching two different movies. Nothing matched!
    (4)

Page 234 of 300 FirstFirst ... 134 184 224 232 233 234 235 236 244 284 ... LastLast