Page 237 of 300 FirstFirst ... 137 187 227 235 236 237 238 239 247 287 ... LastLast
Results 2,361 to 2,370 of 2992

Thread: FFXIV Meme's

Player
    Character
    Punainen Drak
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Vilhem View Post
    I wasn't debating with you specifically, but more debating the general arguments people make. Yours happen to fit those common arguments, so I responded with the same thing I would say to those same arguments.

It doesn't mean I think you're some crazed otaku that eats Pocky at their computer and sits and reads manga at the bookstore for hours tho xD Just wanted to drop some thought that might make you see another side to the debate. :x
    No, I'm still pretty sure you were missing my point entirely. I prefer dubs, except when I see that a sub is story-wise making more sense than the dub.
    (1)

Player
    I've returned! First I find pants, then Louisoix dies for sending me to the void.
    Character
    Uni Neko
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 72
    As far as the sub vs. dub debate, I'm surprised no one mentioned Black Lagoon

compare: (same episode, and about the closest I could find)

eng dub

jp sub

for me personally, I have no problem watching subbed, though I still lean towards dubbed as personal preference. That being said, I do find different takes on a character interesting. Case in point:

some are good, some are bad, and one is high octane nightmare fuel
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kare Ruhts
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 57
    (12)

Player
    Character
    Aish Iragawa
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Vilhem View Post
    It doesn't mean I think you're some crazed otaku that eats Pocky at their computer and sits and reads manga at the bookstore for hours tho xD
    I've totally done that before. And it was one step further! The manga was in Japanese! And I understood most of it! Though I suppose I cheated and referred to a kanji dictionary (on my phone no less!) when I couldn't deduce the meaning of a kanji through context.

Weaboo
    Here's a conundrum for you. What if said person is actually half-Japanese and can understand the vast majority of day-to-day conversations, as well as some puns and jokes without subtitles. Still weaboo or...? õ.ó
    (2)

-Thank You Digirotta

Player
    Character
    J'hyan Tia
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    (28)
    Last edited by Obsy; 02-08-2013 at 09:46 AM. Reason: forgot his tattoo

Character
    Alerith Rayneheart
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Gramul View Post
    Should I have made it more obvious?
    Allow me to spell it out for you: We don't owe Square anything and I am sick to death of people thinking we have to just sit back and take anything they give us. Just because some people aren't satisfied does not mean they are brats and nothing about the entire run of XIV could make anyone look spoiled.

I don't think anyone has stepped out of line.
    Indeed.

However, that does not mean that everyone who isn't satisfied is not a brat. Generalizing either way is wrong. Similar to trolling. While having a differing opinion itself is not trolling, purposefully taking on an opposing opinion to promote a flame war is. Not all with different opinions are trolls, but not all with different opinions are not trolls.

(Forgive the overabundance of double and triple negatives.)
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Forgo Tego
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    (6)
    Last edited by Forgo; 02-08-2013 at 07:39 PM.
    "I care nothing about who dominates the land, For me and my brethren will forever rule the skies." Forgo the Forgotten Dragoon
    Credit goes to Denmo and Nique from Masamune for this art :3

Player
    Character
    Misa Gasai
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Alerith View Post
    Indeed.

However, that does not mean that everyone who isn't satisfied is not a brat. Generalizing either way is wrong. Similar to trolling. While having a differing opinion itself is not trolling, purposefully taking on an opposing opinion to promote a flame war is. Not all with different opinions are trolls, but not all with different opinions are not trolls.

touché
    /10char
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Thal Icebound
    World
    Ravana
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Enough with the anime talk. Back to memes are funny stuff that might be able to grow up to become a meme.

Template here
    (13)

Player
    Character
    Eisen Gramul
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Alerith View Post
    Indeed.

Then who justifies if the opinion is or isn't genuine. A troll is someone using intentional logical fallacies to get a rise out of people. Not a discerning opinion you personally feel is out to get your goat. And even then we don't need to defend our own opinions with "oh you're just-"nonsense.

Sqare's a big enough company to handle a few dissatisfied opinions and its clear they are willing to listen. But if you don't agree, say so with some grace instead of being just as ready to fan the flames as you suspect they are trying to cause. If they are here to cause chaos, you don't want to hand it to them on a silver platter.

Give the benefit of a doubt. Express your disagreement in a rational respectable manor as it's a win win. If they're here to cause trouble, they failed against your level headed response and if the opinion is genuine, you've instigated a decent conversation with the opportunity to expand your viewpoint against another.
    (1)

Page 237 of 300 FirstFirst ... 137 187 227 235 236 237 238 239 247 287 ... LastLast