Page 233 of 300 FirstFirst ... 133 183 223 231 232 233 234 235 243 283 ... LastLast
Results 2,321 to 2,330 of 2992

Thread: FFXIV Meme's

Character
    Skye Windbinder
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 67
    Quote Originally Posted by ZakarnRosewood View Post
    That's why I didn't make it specifically about FFXIV. It dosent even need to be about games either, but yes, they are a source of amusement and frustration.
    Yeah. Either info isn't coming out fast enough or the info that comes out is disagreed with... blah blah blah. And they justify all the whining by saying "Well, we're paying customers! So there!" WHAT ARE THEY PAYING FOR!? THE GAME ISN'T EVEN OUT YET!! lol

Seriously though, I never had any criticism about people giving their concerns over the game. But when it reaches a certain point (incessant whining), I just sit back and lol. That probably makes me a mean person, but I don't care. XD
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Za'karn Riskbreaker
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Shougun View Post
    To be fair its not as simple as entitlement.

SE wants our money, I want a good game - we work together. So when I say I want this, and then someone says STOP ASKING FOR THINGS - they are probably using entitlement inappropriately.

Of course there are other levels of entitlement like "I'm paying for the game so it must be designed how I want it and not like how 98% of what other people want".

The line can be very thin if not invisible.

Usually I see the word tossed around like the word trolling.
    "Stop trolling"

..So I'm trolling because I dont agree with you?

That kind of great stuff lol
    That is a much better way to defend yourself. I would have to agree, the line does get blurry. Its all about presentation and they way you phrase your comment. I may have come off as catty, for that I apologize.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Wubrant Drakesbane
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by ZakarnRosewood View Post
    That is a much better way to defend yourself. I would have to agree, the line does get blurry. Its all about presentation and they way you phrase your comment. I may have come off as catty, for that I apologize.

Meh you're in the Meme thread - 90% of the memes here are catty lol

I just wanted to throw in my 20 cents about that word, XD
    (1)
    Last edited by Shougun; 02-08-2013 at 03:38 AM.

Player
    Character
    Vilhem Dijkstra
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyeWindbinder View Post
    Yeah. Either info isn't coming out fast enough or the info that comes out is disagreed with... blah blah blah. And they justify all the whining by saying "Well, we're paying customers! So there!" WHAT ARE THEY PAYING FOR!? THE GAME ISN'T EVEN OUT YET!! lol

Seriously though, I never had any criticism about people giving their concerns over the game. But when it reaches a certain point (incessant whining), I just sit back and lol. That probably makes me a mean person, but I don't care. XD
    Its in every fandom, I agree. Lately I've been browsing Sailor Moon forums (yes I like it so what >_>), and the topics have been "OMG THEY MISTRANSLATED A WORD, OMG [INSERT WEEABO COMMENT ABOUT HOW THE COMPANIES GOT IT WRONG AND HOW THE SCANLATORS ALWAYS GET IT RIGHT] OMG THE COMPANIES ARE JUST OUT TO FATTEN THEIR WALLETS LETS BOYCOTT THEIR SHITTY TRANSLATIONS" yet they don't speak a lick of Japanese to know how good or bad a translation is....and of course, everyone's favorite topic around here...how everyone seems to think they know how to do something better than the companies xD

I don't think any fandom will ever be content, but eh, sometimes it's just entertaining to watch people split hairs over how to translate "Kuzite-sama".

Apologies for the derail >_>
    (0)
    Meow

Player
    Character
    Reinheart Valentine
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 86
    Forget the translations.... get the voice actors to JP voice acting school or something to get better voice acting...
    I'm on Netflix going oh cool ANIME!! click.... holy s*** what the hell is up with this English voice selection!?!?!?!?, next anime... click... what the... familiar voice.... ok next... click.... what the same person again!?!? I don't mind watching anime in English but they need to put more feelings into their acting... it's so lifeless in most of the animes I tried to check out in English so far... Movie animes aren't that bad, those I can watch.

Back to meme's!!
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Wubrant Drakesbane
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinheart View Post
    Forget the translations.... get the voice actors to JP voice acting school or something to get better voice acting...
    I'm on Netflix going oh cool ANIME!! click.... holy s*** what the hell is up with this English voice selection!?!?!?!?, next anime... click... what the... familiar voice.... ok next... click.... what the same person again!?!? I don't mind watching anime in English but they need to put more feelings into their acting... it's so lifeless in most of the animes I tried to check out in English so far... Movie animes aren't that bad, those I can watch.

Back to meme's!!

Imo Dragonballz characters in English > Japanese lol

Goku ripped paint off the walls in English, in Japanese I felt like he was taking a major deuce lol (or something to do with that region)

I havent watched every episode so I'm sure there are bad dubs in there but Goku alone made me like it over the original language - dubs in general of any language are bad, its not like there are not good English (or any other language) voice actors its just they dont put the money into getting them.

(4)
    Last edited by Shougun; 02-08-2013 at 04:50 AM.

Character
    Skye Windbinder
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 67
    Quote Originally Posted by Vilhem View Post
    Its in every fandom, I agree. Lately I've been browsing Sailor Moon forums (yes I like it so what >_>), and the topics have been "OMG THEY MISTRANSLATED A WORD, OMG [INSERT WEEABO COMMENT ABOUT HOW THE COMPANIES GOT IT WRONG AND HOW THE SCANLATORS ALWAYS GET IT RIGHT] OMG THE COMPANIES ARE JUST OUT TO FATTEN THEIR WALLETS LETS BOYCOTT THEIR SHITTY TRANSLATIONS" yet they don't speak a lick of Japanese to know how good or bad a translation is....and of course, everyone's favorite topic around here...how everyone seems to think they know how to do something better than the companies xD

I don't think any fandom will ever be content, but eh, sometimes it's just entertaining to watch people split hairs over how to translate "Kuzite-sama".

Apologies for the derail >_>
    Oh wow! You're also a Sailor Moon fan! Holy crap, first Thancred and now Sailor Moon... we have a LOT in common!

lol Well, to be honest, as much as people may whine around here, it could always be worse. They're nowhere near as bad as my fellow Sonic the Hedgehog fans. Now there's professional whining! >.>

Anyway, back on the subject of memes...

(8)

Player
    Character
    Vilhem Dijkstra
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinheart View Post

Back to meme's!!
    I raise you a debate, good sir!!

The problem with English dubs doesn't lie with talent per say, but moreso to do with budgets (or lack thereof) in the American market. This isn't a problem with the bigger movies, such as Studio Ghibli for example, because they're produced by Disney..and well yeah, Disney has a metric-ton of money to drop into these productions.

That being said, there ARE some good dubs out there, but the expectations of weeabos make it so these never have a chance. "Whaatt?! How dare they make x character sound like this!!!" There is no possible way they can match the original Japanese voice actors.

"English doesn't capture the essence of the characters the way the Japanese does!" English dubs are adaptations, not literal word for word translations. Changes are bound to happen, sometimes for the better (see Cowboy Bebop).

"I prefer to watch it as it was originally intended to be experienced!" This is possibly the one that's full of crock the most. Weeabos can't experience the "original" because they aren't fluent enough in Japanese..and once you add subtitles, it becomes an adaptation. And it was especially funny to hear them throw this around when Tenchi Muyo was popular, since..y'know... Tenchi was recorded in English first, THEN into Japanese. Omg!! Originals!!!

But anyway, enough of my disgruntled rants on the weeabo community lol. Carry on >.>/
    (4)
    Meow

Player
    Character
    Wubrant Drakesbane
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90
    Oh Cowboy bebop!

And /signed to that (Vilhelm), I listen to whichever one I like the sound of more - and will have subtitles on either way because of my Wife or me lol

Also Skye's one week till legacy thing made me think of the hitler meme's lol - him screaming he missed Legacy by one week XD

Not sure if it was linked into this thread before but here is a good FF related hitler meme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6g1BRypeg2Y

(The time people were duping gear and calling it legit lol)
    (2)

Character
    Skye Windbinder
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 67
    Quote Originally Posted by Shougun View Post
    Oh Cowboy bebop!

And /signed to that (Vilhelm), I listen to whichever one I like the sound of more - and will have subtitles on either way because of my Wife or me lol

Also Skye's one week till legacy thing made me think of the hitler meme's lol - him screaming he missed Legacy by one week XD

Not sure if it was linked into this thread before but here is a good FF related hitler meme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6g1BRypeg2Y

(The time people were duping gear and calling it legit lol)
    LOL That video was freakin beautiful!

I had no idea such a glitch existed on FFXI. And a lot of people got banned for it? Awesome! XD
    (2)

Page 233 of 300 FirstFirst ... 133 183 223 231 232 233 234 235 243 283 ... LastLast