Player
    Character
    Kasu Muni
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Otaku View Post
    It's really sad that people are posting to "stop this", stop what? having fun? enjoying ourselves? making light of a bad situation? I didn't laugh at all these, but most made me smile a little, and I would rather read this thread then all the other threads about the so called problems this game has. The only problem this game has is you if you can't enjoy yourself.
    So get off your high horse and start hecking the bed.
    You are 100% correct......all these folk that cant have a little fun obviously have real life problems and have nothing better to do other than complain not only about the game...but forums too. SE should have a positivity and negativity forum and see which threads get locked/deleted first
    (2)

2. 05-04-2012 05:32 PM

Player
    Character
    Kasu Muni
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    (46)

Player
    Character
    Kasu Muni
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    (93)

Player
    Character
    Jenday Madara
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaaku View Post
    Please stop. For in a few years you may look back on one of your earlier posts and come to the realization of how awful you feel about participating in this
    Do not see what the big issue is here.. Remember that story you posted about your exp party and how people trolled it for no reason... it was a good read, i enjoyed reading it, but dont bash others for doing something they are having fun with, its hypocritical on your part. To each his own, let people post what they want, its harmless and if it bugs people so much then dont click on the thread. It is a simple concept really.
    (3)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Jenday View Post
    Do not see what the big issue is here.. Remember that story you posted about your exp party and how people trolled it for no reason... it was a good read, i enjoyed reading it, but dont bash others for doing something they are having fun with, its hypocritical on your part. To each his own, let people post what they want, its harmless and if it bugs people so much then dont click on the thread. It is a simple concept really.
    Actually is was just one person and like 20 people jumped down her throat for 4 pages which I kind of found hilarious. Anyways, I'm all for people having a good time and in fact a good community will create memes for their games on a regular basis which bolster the ranks. If clever and original enough, someone from an outside perspective will want to learn more about the game just to get the joke. (See: Heck the bed)

An example of this is Tribes: Ascend. The latest sequel to the Tribes franchise. The players of that game created a metric barge full of memes relating to inside jokes and ongoing themes from the other games. It surged the player base and actually helped cultivate their standing numbers. Memes can be a good thing, if you take the time to make them.

This though..... is just bad. Rehashing of years old macro images that half the people are not even using in the correct context. Yes context is everything. It is the reason they were funny in the first place. I'm not saying don't have fun. I'm just imploring people to step back and appreciate the idea of what makes memes funny. A big part is creating your own.
    (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyln View Post
    I didn't say that he didn't powerlevel. I did say that his lack of knowledge wouldn't be because of powerlevelling. Whether he did or did not powerlevel is immaterial.
    This is what PLers actually believe. May Altana have mercy on our souls...

Player
    Character
    Tsubaki Nakatsu
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaaku
    Actually is was just one person and like 20 people jumped down her throat
    (24)
    www.bluegarter.guildwork.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Rydin View Post
    Look at you... Just when I thought I liked Carraway more (and Fusional A LOT LESS)... Richard... you're my new favorite

Player
    Character
    Kasu Muni
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaaku View Post
    Actually is was just one person and like 20 people jumped down her throat for 4 pages which I kind of found hilarious. Anyways, I'm all for people having a good time and in fact a good community will create memes for their games on a regular basis which bolster the ranks. If clever and original enough, someone from an outside perspective will want to learn more about the game just to get the joke. (See: Heck the bed)

An example of this is Tribes: Ascend. The latest sequel to the Tribes franchise. The players of that game created a metric barge full of memes relating to inside jokes and ongoing themes from the other games. It surged the player base and actually helped cultivate their standing numbers. Memes can be a good thing, if you take the time to make them.

This though..... is just bad. Rehashing of years old macro images that half the people are not even using in the correct context. Yes context is everything. It is the reason they were funny in the first place. I'm not saying don't have fun. I'm just imploring people to step back and appreciate the idea of what makes memes funny. A big part is creating your own.
    If you want proper meme's to advertise the game, and meme's which are funny (to you).... go and create your own thread. Stop clogging up this one with pointless snob comments. It's funny because in real life you wouldnt walk into a comedy bar and stop everyone from laughing to say "this comedian isnt funny, so dont tell any more jokes".

Get a life
    (10)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Kasumuni View Post
    It's funny because in real life you wouldnt walk into a comedy bar and stop everyone from laughing to say "this comedian isnt funny, so dont tell any more jokes".

Get a life
    That is an interesting metaphor because it is the ass end opposite of macro images. A well told joke delivered by a stand up can be hilarious as hell. A night to remember with a few buddies over drinks. You can then later use his jokes, slightly modified, to fit everyday interactions with your friends. Extending the life of the joke and making it even funnier because you share it with other's who understand the origins of the jest. It can be a throwback for years.

Instead what you are doing is walking out of that bar. Taking the punchline of a joke revolving around a constipated bus driver. Then just repeating out loud to no one in particular, "So he throw his slacks out the window. Wrapped his coat around his waist and told the guy, PISS OFF! AYE AN IRISHMEN!"

But whatever. Go nuts. Have fun I guess. If interweb randumb is funny to you then I can't stop you from enjoying it.
    (4)
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyln View Post
    I didn't say that he didn't powerlevel. I did say that his lack of knowledge wouldn't be because of powerlevelling. Whether he did or did not powerlevel is immaterial.
    This is what PLers actually believe. May Altana have mercy on our souls...

Player

Player
    Character
    Prims Delmonty
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Fadigre View Post
    I'm not about to say people can or can not enjoy something however I think it's rather ill-advised to tell somebody they can't enjoy themselves when it's not harming anybody

This kind of behaviour is only going to make people become defensive and as soon as content dries up this'll turn into a flame war.

Let's not fan any flames here, I'm having a good time!~
    Keep it civil!
    I'm aware that children enjoy playing in ball pools.
    I don't really like that they enjoy this so occasionally I visit one and punch the living snot out of them all whilst handing out informative leaflets explaining how they're all wrong.

This isn't a fight over what's hilarious and what isn't more so who has what society claims is a more refined taste. I don't really mind if I'm now deemed stupid simply because I find some things funny and some things not.

Let us kids enjoy ourselves and we'll leave you to enjoy the on-site bar.
    Thank you
    (3)
    Last edited by Fadigre; 05-04-2012 at 07:14 PM.
    FFXIV economics - 'Stupid and demand'

Quote Originally Posted by Hachi-Roku View Post
    I'll make you a deal.

You can have gunblades if we can have Riflebhuj.
    Checka my game-face!
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/93195-Show-your-Miqo-te-!!?p=1288461&viewfull=1#post1288461

Page 11 of 300 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111 ... LastLast