Player
    Character
    Marledia Nadine
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80

Point of stats on secondary tool?

Please forgive the noobness of the question, but what's the point of the stats on a secondary tool? They don't appear to be included in my attributes when I check my Attributes menu. Do they replace the stats of a primary tool when quarrying?

If they do replace the stats of a primary tool when quarrying, then does quarrying have the same output cap as regular mining? (If I was sitting just at the 114/115 output cap with my primary tool equipped, then would I still need more of the stat if I wanted to cap out my output for quarrying, since secondary tools tend to have less output than primary tools?)
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Raldo Volca
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    The attributes menu will only ever show the stats when associated with your mainhand tool.

When performing offhand gathering, it will swap out the mainhand stats for offhand stats.

Yes, both mainhand/offhand have the same output cap, so you would need more output in order to reach the full 8 gathers using offhand.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Marledia Nadine
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    Awesome, thank you!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Musoka Kara
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Actually I'm going to throw my hat in this question, even if it's old. I realize Perc/Out/etc on the offhand only apply during offhand use, however, the militia offhands currently have a +Attribute attached to them as well. Does that get added on to mainhand strikes or is it only applied during MH?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Fiofel Zalalafell
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Musoka View Post
    Actually I'm going to throw my hat in this question, even if it's old. I realize Perc/Out/etc on the offhand only apply during offhand use, however, the militia offhands currently have a +Attribute attached to them as well. Does that get added on to mainhand strikes or is it only applied during MH?
    For this one, I think if you unequip the off-hand tool and it impacts your the remaining stats, then you are receiving that off-hand tool's bonus attribute benefits.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Raldo Volca
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    I can't confirm one way or the other, but I assume any additional stats on tools are applied to either hand. My reasoning for this is both what you mentioned (the militia tools) as well as the Luminary tools. The Luminary tools have +10 to both mainhand and offhand stats, but if it had no effect on offhand, then the offhand stats would be pointless; the reverse applies to the militia tools.
    (3)