Player
    Character
    Tomahawk Dunk
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50

Can we all just try and...

...cool the elitism for a little while? I'm as guilty as the next, especially after explaining end game fights to people with no experience over and over again. It goes without saying that forming a tight knit team to figure out and perfect certain fights is the smartest and most effective way to go, but if 7 out of every 10 new people playing get made fun of and aren't ever invited to parties, this game is going to die. Lets face it, if there isn't a substantial influx of new subscriptions post 2.0, SE is going to slowly (or quickly) can this game. It doesn't matter how organized or successful our LS's are if the game is canceled. I'm urging those who give a damn to force themselves into some pug's every now and again. For every 5 Garuda wins, take some strangers in there and be nice. Yes we have all or most jobs at 50 because we have had little better to do since launch, but new players don't so don't be mean as a result. If you care about this game, you will make an attempt to make new players feel like the end game community is something to strive towards entering. Don't support condescending banter, it does nothing for the progress of this game. /topgunhighfive
    (13)
    Last edited by Themule; 05-05-2012 at 03:26 PM.

Player

I agree, I hate when people give new people bad time, I try and stick up for em!!! I also try invite em as often as I can.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Ryans Tardis
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 53
    The problem isn't that they are new, its that they tend not to listen and adapt to a fight. Also, they don't ask questions when there is something they don't understand. I don't know how many times I've had a new person complain about ifrits lag when it can easily be avoided by paying attention to the encounter. A simple "I can't seem to avoid these cracks, am I missing something?" would at least show they are willing to learn. Instead, they die every fight, blame it on the server structure, and bring the rest of the team down.

Another thing, its not just on the community to explain a fight every time they recruit a new player. Maybe the finer details, such as how to counter the lag issues in ifrit, but if you are new and expect to be invited you can at the very least watch a video of the fight a few times.

In a game like this where you can do fights with the bare minimum of gear ( excluding garuda burns), knowledge is key and that can be obtained without wasting other peoples' time.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Charlemagne Ifrit
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    I'm usually quite happy to help people out. I do get increasingly frustrated at people who ask for my help but who haven't made the effort to do a little homework first. Waiting around with someone while they form a party only to find that they haven't done the prerequisites to get into the instance they want is a major one. Having what should be a quick trek up to do mini garuda for someone turn into a slog lasting hours when the other people in their party each need different gc prequests but don't even know this until we attempt to get into the fight is annoying.
    But here is the thing that will stop me from volunteering to help you ever again. If I have volunteered my time to help you get stuff done then don't keep going afk for extended periods. You're using up my game time. Sure things crop up that we all need to do but wanting to order a pizza/shopping online while playing/making a hairdressers appointment or whatever on my time will stop me from ever helping you again.
    (1)