Player
    Character
    Berktu Berkundsyn
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80

How to gear BLM best

I'm trying to improve THM/BLM as it's my favorite class/job and I haven't managed to get much useful advice. What's the usual agreed order of stat focus? MAB > INT > MACC? Some other order? Thanks in advance for advice/help
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fernehalwes View Post
    I wish I could answer all your questions right here and now, but I've just received a call on the Red Phone to remove the keys and delete the launch codes from my lore bomb control console...

Player
    Character
    Deli Denkryst
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 70
    the question you ask is way too broad...

The following is just my thought...
    (what's MAB anyway?)

Attack Magic Potency (AMP): raising magic damage base. it's equal to elemental magic potency.
    Int: raising little magic damage base, and more on the combo which bonus on damage, such as thunder > thundra
    Magic Acc: once you get resisted, you stop your combo process and dmg can be 50%-20% (I think) and there is no benefit to be 200% acc. so enough acc is good enough.

with basic understanding of that... then you can gear up your blm according to the situations... For example, Cutter's Cry dungeon... the first part you usually just Flare and Firaga everything... AMP is better than Int in this situation. Even you are using Fire > Fira > firaga combo int won't help more than AMP. However, in the boss fight, the final cutie lion has lots magic eva I think, so you might want to have little more acc rings. and you use thunder > thundra > thundraga a lot... so in this case int "might" help you better than AMP. It's hard to say...
    however, that's what I'll do.

I don't think the formula changed much... so here is my previous test result: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...ack-Magic-Test

to sum up, I'll say Look > all just wear whatever you feel better.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Carraway Author
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 90
    I prioritize m.acc to the point where you stop getting resists against your target (I use 480 base m.acc vs. Garuda, ~450-460 against everything else), then it's a toss-up between INT and m.atk depending on what you're doing. If Thundara is the bulk of your damage, then INT is slightly better, but for everything else, m.atk is better point-for-point.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Berktu Berkundsyn
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    Noted. I appreciate it folks. Also, sorry for the MAB slip. Played XI too long.
    (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fernehalwes View Post
    I wish I could answer all your questions right here and now, but I've just received a call on the Red Phone to remove the keys and delete the launch codes from my lore bomb control console...

Player

Quote Originally Posted by carraway View Post
    I prioritize m.acc to the point where you stop getting resists against your target (I use 480 base m.acc vs. Garuda, ~450-460 against everything else), then it's a toss-up between INT and m.atk depending on what you're doing. If Thundara is the bulk of your damage, then INT is slightly better, but for everything else, m.atk is better point-for-point.
    Carraway is dead on about acc. I like to go a bit higher but he is pretty spot on.

On Garuda I am getting to the point where my Thundara is doing 1k non crit and Thundaga is doing 1300 Crit. However, if Thundaga doesn't crit then it is pointless to use it since Thundara does so much. This is with 410+ int
    (2)

Character
    N'aivir Alexaire
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70
    I don't remember my stats off the top of my head, but i'm hitting ~1400 thundaga crits on garuda. I went with double macc in weapon, double int on head, double attack magic on feet, double int and pie on legs (int and mnd prolly better, but expensive). I also use double int rings, but thinking of going back to one int and one black pearl for things like garuda. Still using AF hands and body, but working on some double meld crit hands.
    (0)

Player
    Just cast the spells and do the damages.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Kazaran Leeman
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    I tried to follwo a claimed expert on BLM, then spoek with the japanese linkshell, and the claim that INT MIND and piety last stats is best doesn't work in all cases. Watch gear use and restat based on it.

While they changed some aspects of MIND around, it affects cure magic potency, and some magic accuracy, but piety will increase enfeebling. There isn't anythign I can't sleep, but when I shifted to more mind, I was resisted more, and mobs slept short periods where as I coudl sleep them and take a small break before.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Alkimi Asura
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 70
    Anyone have something realistic for those of us that are newer players and don't have millions of gil to blow on double/triple melds?
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Robert Redensa
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkimi View Post
    Anyone have something realistic for those of us that are newer players and don't have millions of gil to blow on double/triple melds?
    Start with BLM AF. Add in order Coral or Black Pearl Rings, Spinel Choker, and Black Pearl Bracelets.

For a weapon, use a Lightning Brand with a Hell's Eye IV (if you can afford it. You may have to buy some cheap things to try and make one yourself).

A couple of things you can do from here to improve performance are to replace the feet with mahogany pattens with Hell's Fist and to replace the head with either felt hat with INT materia.
    (4)

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast