Player
    Character
    Master Matsume
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimzon View Post
    This is definitely not true. I tried a few synths with 2 x HQ Nuggets and 1 Coke (bought from NPC). Quality starts at 333. I was able to push it up to a 38% HQ chance on my highest attempt. I think it was just over 700 quality? It did not HQ but that is still decent enough odds (including a 19% chance at DD).

I do not believe there is a HQ coke in the game like gathered somewhere. The purpose of this is twofold. #1 It keeps the "difficult synthesis" difficult since you cannot just go out and mine HQ coke, ultimately making these items easy to synth. The fact that the coke is only NQ makes sure that a crafter DOES need to have some skill/luck to HQ the ingot, or to HQ the part with NQ ingot.

#2 Since it's only sold from NPC for 100,000 per, it also acts as one of the few gilsinks added to the game to balance out all the gil coming into the economy.
    I mean...you could just wash it with some aether, but who knows really....

Again, jokes aside, this X10 is the point of these synths.

Please don't complain about it, there are players out there with hundreds of millions of gil looking for a good reason to spend it.
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by leomike35 View Post
    Quarry and its in patch notes guys.
    Sorry but I'm not seeing any coke in the Quarry section in the patch notes...
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Master Matsume
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartori View Post
    Sorry but I'm not seeing any coke in the Quarry section in the patch notes...
    Because it's INVISIBLE
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Matsume View Post
    Because it's INVISIBLE
    Thats helpful, thanks
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Master Matsume
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartori View Post
    Thats helpful, thanks
    Pretty sure Astral Rock is the only new Quarry item, unless my eyes deceive me...
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Matsume View Post
    Pretty sure Astral Rock is the only new Quarry item, unless my eyes deceive me...
    Yes thats all I'm seeing too not sure where leomike was looking...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Shorty Orca
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 80
    Well, looking at the new gear, there's some decent justification of getting them so prohibitively expensive... With the right materia (and hopefully some double/triple melds) they're probably the best armor in the game. Not to mention you can HQ the armor pieces for even better stats.

mmm... now to hunt for HQ stuffz...
    (0)

Player

I don't see what the problem is at it costing 100k gil. As someone else pointed out, it's a much needed gil sink but more importantly, to those of you who enjoy gathering and selling/using items then just gather and sell Darksteel Ore, Gold Ore or just any of the hundreds of items that sell pretty fast.

If it turns out to be a rare gatherable item, that's fine also. But I can't see complaining over 100k gil for an item that can get you some nice gear.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Era View Post
    I don't see what the problem is at it costing 100k gil. As someone else pointed out, it's a much needed gil sink but more importantly, to those of you who enjoy gathering and selling/using items then just gather and sell Darksteel Ore, Gold Ore or just any of the hundreds of items that sell pretty fast.

If it turns out to be a rare gatherable item, that's fine also. But I can't see complaining over 100k gil for an item that can get you some nice gear.
    Okay good luck on spending 100k on the full set and getting the flawless mats to hq with the nq coke for the ingots...oh and don't forget the peacock ore which is another 100k a pop.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Battle Angel
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Leatherworker Lv 50
    Well Peacock ore is not really much as a concern as is Coke atm. Peacock ore is only used atm to make Rose Gold Inogts, which are only used to make "Flawless Rose Gold Clasps" (HQ of Rose Gold Clasps), then can be synthesized into Rose Gold Earrings.

I completely agree with Crimzon.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimzon View Post
    This is definitely not true. I tried a few synths with 2 x HQ Nuggets and 1 Coke (bought from NPC). Quality starts at 333. I was able to push it up to a 38% HQ chance on my highest attempt. I think it was just over 700 quality? It did not HQ but that is still decent enough odds (including a 19% chance at DD).

I do not believe there is a HQ coke in the game like gathered somewhere. The purpose of this is twofold. #1 It keeps the "difficult synthesis" difficult since you cannot just go out and mine HQ coke, ultimately making these items easy to synth. The fact that the coke is only NQ makes sure that a crafter DOES need to have some skill/luck to HQ the ingot, or to HQ the part with NQ ingot.

#2 Since it's only sold from NPC for 100,000 per, it also acts as one of the few gilsinks added to the game to balance out all the gil coming into the economy.
    Per "Introducing All-new Gear! (04/23/2012)"

Competition, the Mother of Innovation
    After the establishment of the Grand Companies, each city turned an eye to crafting quality arms and armor with which to outfit their respective forces. A growing number of adventurers can be seen clad in this official equipment as the Grand Companies continue to reward faithful service.

There are those, however, whose livelihoods have suffered from the availability of such equipment—the armorers and weaponsmiths who rely upon the custom of adventurers. These craftspeople began searching for a means to rival the companies’ superior wares, and eventually discovered their salvation in working with darksteel ore and hippogryph skin.

Though well known for their incredible strength and durability, these materials are notoriously difficult to shape and deemed ill-suited for mass-production.
    After much experimentation and deliberation, however, the masters of each guild developed improved crafting techniques. Thus were they able to forge a new series of unique items.

The invention of new crafting methods has made such arms and armor possible, but the process is still said to test the skill and patience of even the most seasoned smiths.
    (2)

F*** yeah, green apples!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast