Player
    Character
    Crimzon Sol
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartori View Post
    Well then theres now way you can make the darksteel gear then because you need hq coke to do it.
    This is definitely not true. I tried a few synths with 2 x HQ Nuggets and 1 Coke (bought from NPC). Quality starts at 333. I was able to push it up to a 38% HQ chance on my highest attempt. I think it was just over 700 quality? It did not HQ but that is still decent enough odds (including a 19% chance at DD).

I do not believe there is a HQ coke in the game like gathered somewhere. The purpose of this is twofold. #1 It keeps the "difficult synthesis" difficult since you cannot just go out and mine HQ coke, ultimately making these items easy to synth. The fact that the coke is only NQ makes sure that a crafter DOES need to have some skill/luck to HQ the ingot, or to HQ the part with NQ ingot.

#2 Since it's only sold from NPC for 100,000 per, it also acts as one of the few gilsinks added to the game to balance out all the gil coming into the economy.
    (6)

2. 04-27-2012 05:39 AM

3. 04-27-2012 05:42 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Crimzon View Post
    This is definitely not true. I tried a few synths with 2 x HQ Nuggets and 1 Coke (bought from NPC). Quality starts at 333. I was able to push it up to a 38% HQ chance on my highest attempt. I think it was just over 700 quality? It did not HQ but that is still decent enough odds (including a 19% chance at DD).

I do not believe there is a HQ coke in the game like gathered somewhere. The purpose of this is twofold. #1 It keeps the "difficult synthesis" difficult since you cannot just go out and mine HQ coke, ultimately making these items easy to synth. The fact that the coke is only NQ makes sure that a crafter DOES need to have some skill/luck to HQ the ingot, or to HQ the part with NQ ingot.

#2 Since it's only sold from NPC for 100,000 per, it also acts as one of the few gilsinks added to the game to balance out all the gil coming into the economy.
    Well I might as well kiss all that new gear goodbye then because theres no way myself or other people can afford 100k a pop for that to make all the ingots that your going to need
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Bracan Ermmart
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    terrible idea for the way they have made coke only obtainable from a NPC @ 100k a peice i enjoy gathering farming my items for crafting,

as for the cost of it i consider myself a rather poor player on XIV and have just under 2mil and i will not spend 100k on a peice of that garbage, and whats the point in putting in NQ darksteel if you need HQ to make the material for the peice of gear...........

Thanks SE, just a shame I added more crysta to my account this month or id be off to guild wars

Gone to huff in the corner.....!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Yoso Carrasco
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 74
    Good chance it comes from Hamlet defense battles, since those haven't happened yet. Gotta wait till the weekend!
    (0)

Glad to see somebody else sees the stupidity in this.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Fray Myste
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70
    Well if anyone was found any coal deposits while mining I will know exactly how to get coke.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Saren View Post
    Well if anyone was found any coal deposits while mining I will know exactly how to get coke.
    Well the bomb embers in Nawana use to drop coal originally.....
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ramsey Asterdahl
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 60
    It's going to be prohibitive to make these, I wouldn't mind the coke nonsense as much if they were usable by jobs, and hence the demand for them actually warranted the difficult synthesis.

Should average 2 coke per piece. How long there will be a demand remains to be seen.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sasha Calico
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    Quarry and its in patch notes guys.

Player
    Character
    Master Matsume
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimzon View Post
    NPC sells for 100k @ the hamlet, not sure if it's mined as well.
    ...alternatively, you could try Columbia.

jokes aside, peacock ore can also be purchased from said npc for said price. I don't think these items are obtainable otherwise and may have been implemented as much needed gil sinks.
    (1)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast