Page 53 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Murugan Raj
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    I don't know if it has been pointed out yet, but MNK with fists of fire is magic dmg. So it will be heavily resisted versus Suprana and the razor plumes if fists are up, but does normal damage like blm against chirada (I saw someone incorrectly assert that monk didn't work against chirada earlier in the thread) w/ it.

Hope that helps anyone trying to balance a party who doesn't have the ability to stack BLM.

attack hits Chirada from the left for 81 points of damage
    Thunder hits Chirada for 451 points of damage.
    pummel hits chirada for 348
    (0)
    Last edited by Murugan; 04-28-2012 at 06:58 PM.

Player
    Character
    Ark Sniper
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Murugan View Post
    I don't know if it has been pointed out yet, but MNK with fists of fire is magic dmg. So it will be heavily resisted versus Suprana and the razor plumes if fists are up, but does normal damage like blm against chirada (I saw someone incorrectly assert that monk didn't work against chirada earlier in the thread) w/ it.

Hope that helps anyone trying to balance a party who doesn't have the ability to stack BLM.
    Only issues with drg/mnk is getting combos off to match the utility of the 2nd bard. They do OK dmg but the combos can so easily be interrupted and if they miss the combo the dmg just drops like a rock. I think eventually if a slower way is found drg/mnk will have its place untill then or you can find a drg/mnk to hit every combo and a mnk who can toggle fists at every add pop you will see the standard setup that has been successful thus far.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Murugan Raj
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Arksniper View Post
    Only issues with drg/mnk is getting combos off to match the utility of the 2nd bard. They do OK dmg but the combos can so easily be interrupted and if they miss the combo the dmg just drops like a rock. I think eventually if a slower way is found drg/mnk will have its place untill then or you can find a drg/mnk to hit every combo and a mnk who can toggle fists at every add pop you will see the standard setup that has been successful thus far.
    Its more of an issue with the tank getting into position ASAP after the mistral scream (you can go out from behind pillar much earlier than the animation due to how lag works in this game). That way she only moves once, and is not rotating constantly due to her animation lock as she does abilities while running to him.

Warrior/DRG while doing AOE has this same issue though, and it is much more of a problem for them because they need to be ready to AOE so soon after minstrel scream, while monk even w/ a slow tank can afford to wait them to get into position and should still out DPS any bard by far (but then again they aren't replacing bard, whose job is primarily plumes during first phase; they are replacing a blm who would otherwise just be on garuda )

Also it has always been more difficult to play a melee in this game, but mnk does more dmg than even the best geared BLM. My point was simply that it was an option, since it would be very difficult to place a monk in the party I think as an "aoe'er" since aura pulse is arguably the worst AOE (plus they need to turn off fists of flame for it).

So replacing a BLM single target DD with a monk is an option for those who want to play monk, or have a monk in their party.

Charuda: Magic DMG blm/mnk (w/fists)
    Suprana: Physical dmg war/drg/arc/brd(mnk w/ fists down)
    (0)
    Last edited by Murugan; 04-28-2012 at 07:07 PM.

Player
    Character
    Carraway Author
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 90
    The fight is designed in such a way as to actually encourage a great deal of party flexibility. Beyond the basic requirements of X amount of magic damage and Y amount of physical damage, you can do whatever you want with job distribution.

Garuda has quickly become my favorite fight in the entire game.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Ark Sniper
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by carraway View Post
    The fight is designed in such a way as to actually encourage a great deal of party flexibility. Beyond the basic requirements of X amount of magic damage and Y amount of physical damage, you can do whatever you want with job distribution.

Garuda has quickly become my favorite fight in the entire game.
    Agreed this fight is incredibly fun and challenging.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Cthulhu Theeldar
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    So now that you guys have smoothed out your Garuda kills I want to know something super important.

When are you going to start livestreaming your Hamelt Defence runs? >.>
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
    What is best in life?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fernehalwes View Post
    To crush our enemies, see them driven before us, and hear the lamentations of their women.

Player
    Character
    Laela Prismriver
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 51
    Any tips on dealing with Garuda's 2nd Phase? I feel that positioning for that phase of the fight is purely luck-based on whether or not you're just happening to stand at the right place at the right time. I'm not sure if it's intended for Garuda to be fought while avoiding her 2nd phase altogether (which in turn will always lead to "short order" achievement if that's the case) but I'm just not sure how to handle that phase and how to reliably dodge her attacks at that part of the fight.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ark Sniper
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Laela View Post
    Any tips on dealing with Garuda's 2nd Phase? I feel that positioning for that phase of the fight is purely luck-based on whether or not you're just happening to stand at the right place at the right time. I'm not sure if it's intended for Garuda to be fought while avoiding her 2nd phase altogether (which in turn will always lead to "short order" achievement if that's the case) but I'm just not sure how to handle that phase and how to reliably dodge her attacks at that part of the fight.
    If your referring to where she teles to a random point and then AoE's There are 2 safe spots 1 is behind her and 1 is on the opposite side of the arena from here but not standing in the vortex dust. The easiest thing to do is burn her past this stage due to its randomness but the dmg is just as bad as her 2hr....
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Laela Prismriver
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 51
    Quote Originally Posted by Arksniper View Post
    If your referring to where she teles to a random point and then AoE's There are 2 safe spots 1 is behind her and 1 is on the opposite side of the arena from here but not standing in the vortex dust. The easiest thing to do is burn her past this stage due to its randomness but the dmg is just as bad as her 2hr....
    Yeah I ask if there's a reliable way to dodge the attacks, because the direction she faces seems completely random and has no basis on where she'll teleport to. In terms of "how" to dodge it, we've figured to stand behind her if she teleports closer to the center and run to the other side if she teleports to the outer edges of the tornado. Besides that, it seems where we stand is just a coinflip on whether we avoid it or not.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Veto Bahamut
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 1
    you can outrage her ability in phase 2 by standing in the middle, watching where she teleports to and immeditely running the opposite way. i think you can watch for her icon on the mini map, but i'm not 100% sure since we rarely ever get phase 2
    (1)

Page 53 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 LastLast