Player
    Character
    Roy Firestorm
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50

Enmity decay

I feel that enmity should be lost when you take damage. The lost enmity would be based on the damage taken, basically the more damage you took from an attack the more enmity lost.

This would help make PLDs wanted as they would (or should) take significantly less damage than WARs, making them a tank that starts of slow to build enmity, but looses little enmity when taking damage. The WAR will instead build enmity fast, but also looses it fast from damage taken.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Syntax Lies
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Leatherworker Lv 50
    all tanks do is take damage, losing emnity while doing what they are supposed to be doing might be the worst thing i ever heard. they already have plans to balance war/pld, lets see how they work out before making silly ideas.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Signy Ragnarok
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by syntaxlies View Post
    all tanks do is take damage, losing emnity while doing what they are supposed to be doing might be the worst thing i ever heard. they already have plans to balance war/pld, lets see how they work out before making silly ideas.
    Well may be sound bad, but in fact it is implemented on FFXI and a lot of current MMO.
    (0)
    I'm the Princess of the Night~~

Player
    Character
    Syntax Lies
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Leatherworker Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Signy View Post
    Well may be sound bad, but in fact it is implemented on FFXI and a lot of current MMO.
    The would have to rebalanced everything to make a new mechanic like that work, that's why its silly.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Roy Firestorm
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    This is true. FF14 is the only MMO, I know of, that doesn't have this enmity decay.
    (0)
    Show support for this:
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/43949-Enmity-decay

Player
    Character
    Syntax Lies
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Leatherworker Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by lshumaker View Post
    This is true. FF14 is the only MMO, I know of, that doesn't have this enmity decay.
    im pretty sure there is enmity decay but its not based off damage, its a continuous trickle that reduces point by point. If you are tanking and you stop generating enmity your enmity bar will eventually go down to green. You have to work pretty hard to keep it blinking red the whole time.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Signy Ragnarok
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    The would have to rebalanced everything to make a new mechanic like that work, that's why its silly.
    Not really, depending on the dmg you take is the enmity you loose. A PLD that have more def and move that guard him from dmg should have problem to keep the hate, in other hand a WAR that all he does is take the dmg will loose more than the pld. A mage that get a few hits will lose a lot of dmg since the low def. That make easier to reclaim the hate when someone overhate.

Now I'm thinking about this i don't remember if isn't all ready implemented. Well is really easy to try. Two pld or war should go and both provoke the same monster and take the hits. If after a few hits the mob jumps to the other one is that the first lost some hate by taking dmg.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Signy Ragnarok
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    im pretty sure there is enmity decay but its not based off damage, its a continuous trickle that reduces point by point. If you are tanking and you stop generating enmity your enmity bar will eventually go down to green. You have to work pretty hard to keep it blinking red the whole time.
    Well thats because everyone on the party is generating enmity when you are not and pass you on the hate table. If everyone stop doing stuff the hate will stop moving and you could probably kite the mob until the end of times...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Syntax Lies
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Leatherworker Lv 50
    Not really, depending on the dmg you take is the enmity you loose. A PLD that have more def and move that guard him from dmg should have problem to keep the hate, in other hand a WAR that all he does is take the dmg will loose more than the pld. A mage that get a few hits will lose a lot of dmg since the low def. That make easier to reclaim the hate when someone overhate.

Now I'm thinking about this i don't remember if isn't all ready implemented. Well is really easy to try. Two pld or war should go and both provoke the same monster and take the hits. If after a few hits the mob jumps to the other one is that the first lost some hate by taking dmg.
    Its not like they just throw an enmity mechanic in without balancing it. all the work they did to this point would have to be reviewed, all kinds of calculations. things like enmity on gear and materia, enmity performed by actions. all that stuff would have to be balanced to add a damage enmity reduction mechanic in. My point is there no need for all that work, enmity is fine now, they are just gonna balance the jobs
    to fix pld.

Well thats because everyone on the party is generating enmity when you are not and pass you on the hate table. If everyone stop doing stuff the hate will stop moving and you could probably kite the mob until the end of times...
    thats true to a point, but hate has a cap, and when you cap it you have to keep generating hate to keep it capped
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Roy Firestorm
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50

I was informed this game currently does not do that.
    (1)
    Show support for this:
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/43949-Enmity-decay