Player
    Character
    Buttons Taru
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90

[Suggestion] Fashion/Vanity Slots.

Yes I know this has been brought up a few times, but I thought I'd put up an official thread for this request so that maybe Bayohne or Rukkirii see it and hopefully pass it on to the devs. I posted this in General since it will be seen here the most and I really hope people will support this and it will be passed on to the devs. ^_^

The Idea
    To have seperate slots for your equipment that actually gives you stats, with the option of a 2nd row of slots where you can put in other armour. This armour will then act as your visible gear. You do not get any stats from it or any bonuses, only the way it looks.

Why?
    The FFXIV devs have done an amazing job of creating gorgeous and highly detailed pieces of gear. However due to the nature of MMOs, us players end up maximizing our potential through stats. Due to this, we often end up in gear that is highly mismatched and we just look horrible.
    Fashion slots enable us to retain gear that we find aesthetically pleasing or has sentimental value to us. It also means that older content such as raid gear (and maybe even weapons in the future) stays important to people, since with fashion slots you may have a reason to go back and get an old piece of gear because you liked how it looked.
    With the implementation of fashion slots, our amazingly detailed Artifact Armour, our old raid gear, old crafted gear, old quested gear and seasonal event gear can still be used. We can still mix and match our equipment to get the best stats out of them, but we now have the option of changing the way we look. I know I would rather wear my amazing White Mage armour instead of looking like a hobo clown. O.o"
    Not to mention that fashion slots and armour has become the norm in many other MMOs and we all want FFXIV to be up there with them and succeed. ^-^/

Restrictions
    Fashion armour will be bound to classes/jobs, just as normal armour is. This will ensure that you do not have mages running around in metal suits of armour, and you won't have warriors running around in black mage robes.
    This option enables people to individually decide how their characters want to look without sacrificing stats. Furthermore, by keeping the class and job restrictions on the armour you put in the fashion slot, you would not necessarily see something too out of place that would irritate people either.

Concept

Here is a little idea of what it might look like.
    Imagine if in the future there is suddenly a new set/ pieces of gear that replace the AF gear/ whatever other gear you have have become attached to. Now you can wear the new gear for the stats and if some pieces clash or are ugly, you just wear the item you want in your fashion slot.
    For example: Your new leg armour are funny tights, but you would much prefer your darklight breeches, or your AF shorts. Or you are Reinhart and really want to wear a subligar, but don't wanna sacrifice the stats from your good trousers. So you just put your nice trousers in your fashion slot. So you can either put on only individual items in your fashion slots, or even replace everything.

Additional Ideas
    In the future, it might be interesting to add a Fashion Slot for your weapon as well. No, I am not implying joke weapons such as hammers and lollipops. I would intend for this to be a way to keep using your Ifrit, Moogle or Garuda weapon in the future, if you really like the way it looks. You just use your new strong weapon, but equip your old Ifrit weapon as a sort of "skin".

So please support this thread everyone, so that Yoshi-P and the dev team might see it and hopefully implement it in 2.0 or maybe even earlier. Please keep the comments civil, thank you. <(^_^)>/

Here is a similar thread by Akumu:
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...of-Individuals
    (284)
    Last edited by Buttons; 04-22-2012 at 06:25 AM.
    http://buttons-tarutaru.blogspot.com

Player
    Character
    Sky Box
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 55
    This is a fantastic idea and I think they should do it =)
    (20)

Player
    Character
    Cesil Rapture
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Yes PLEASEEE!!! I've been meaning to make this thread but you did an amazing job OP I've been wanting to have really cool outfits...like maid costume, dancing outfits, cosplay stuff =X I'd love to replace my armor with stuff like that in the fashion slot

Outfits like this kinda? http://imageshack.us/f/807/fwwomandress.png/

You get the idea ^_^
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Buttons Taru
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    I actually did not mean extra costumes and stuff as I know that will just have people screaming that it breaks immersion and "it's not FF."

I just want the option so we don't end up looking as horrible as some jobs already do or as bad as chars ended up looking in FFXI. ^^"
    (6)

Player

TAIL WAIST SLOT FOR THE LOVE OF ROAGRIMM!

I DON'T EVEN CARE WHAT THE STATS ARE. I'LL REPLACE MY -ENMITY AND MP BELT JUST GIVE IT TO ME!!
    (4)
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyln View Post
    I didn't say that he didn't powerlevel. I did say that his lack of knowledge wouldn't be because of powerlevelling. Whether he did or did not powerlevel is immaterial.
    This is what PLers actually believe. May Altana have mercy on our souls...

Player

I had created a thread almost exactly like this one in my sig. I liked yours anyway though.

It's an idea though that people either love or it doesn't really matter to, since it doesn't have any cons. I still hope they add something such as this.
    (3)
    Want to have more freedom on how you look!? Support this thread!:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/39544-To-The-Devs-A-World-of-Individuals

Player
    Character
    Buttons Taru
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Akumu View Post
    I had created a thread almost exactly like this one in my sig. I liked yours anyway though.

It's an idea though that people either love or it doesn't really matter to, since it doesn't have any cons. I still hope they add something such as this.
    Oh I must have missed your thread, sorry. Great job. Added your thread to the OP. ^^
    (1)
    Last edited by Buttons; 04-22-2012 at 06:26 AM.

Player
    Character
    Delea Raven
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 60
    I totally support the idea, it is an everyday work to look pretty, and yes, some items with good stats don't really make it simple at all .

I want to look great anytime, even on the battlefield ! ^^

Just like my red skirt and Bard AF high heels, those are my best friends
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Rui Oran
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 76
    Give us an option to turn vanity items off, then sure. I prefer looking at other gear over AFs/etc.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Kytheren Kenni
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    Thumb this, guys. I want to see "likes" above 100 by tomorrow or sooner.

Edit;
    Just wanted to clarify, in case someone misunderstands and thinks me a narcissist. I mean the OP, thumb the OP.
    (1)
    Last edited by Issac; 04-22-2012 at 06:34 AM.

Page 1 of 64 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast