Page 3 of 64 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Aki Rouscelia
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Very relevant idea. I was just talking to someone about this the other day and how important it is for adding diversity to what we see. I think Yoshida P has said numerous times he wants players to play the job they want to play, I also think he should be pushing for players to dress the way they want to look. Something like WoW's (Yes, I said it) transmogrification system.

I really respect the positive impact that the system put in place for a game so old and in which obtaining the best gear is so easy to do. The system made it so if you lined 40 warriors next to one another only 2 or 3 would look alike.

Absolutely a +1 from me for this!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Dart Erhardt
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 60
    I support this idea 9001%

I was happy to see AF gear patched into the game, but after getting all the quests done, I'm forced to use other better materia melded gear because some AF pieces just don't make the cut.

As a result I end up looking something like:

I would love it if I could wear my AF full time but receive the benefits of better armor I can make myself.

FFXI was plagued with folks "looking the same" every time something new and better came out. If this were implemented, folks could choose what they want to wear without sacrificing stats.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Silver Snow
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    I'm all for vanity items in current slots but actual vanity slots will break things when it comes to pvp when it gets added. The whole everyone looks the same in XI isn't exactly true. You could for example tell by glance at peoples characters that they were setup for tanking a specific task and if they had something slightly off they were most likely off doing X instead of Y.

To be able to keep doing that they would need to add a 'Ignore Vanity Slots' which then would have most people seeing your real gear and negate the whole 'I dont want people seeing me in this clown suit of gear.' Else you would have people in pvp showing up in the distance wielding a stick and wearing a paper bag when really they had something on that you really didn't want to be getting hit with.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Majidah Sihaam
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    this is called the mannequin system or something like that, but it already exists and will be available on 2.0

tanaka talks about it in an interview
    (0)
    Last edited by Majidah; 04-22-2012 at 10:24 AM.

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Silversnow View Post
    I'm all for vanity items in current slots but actual vanity slots will break things when it comes to pvp when it gets added. The whole everyone looks the same in XI isn't exactly true. You could for example tell by glance at peoples characters that they were setup for tanking a specific task and if they had something slightly off they were most likely off doing X instead of Y.

To be able to keep doing that they would need to add a 'Ignore Vanity Slots' which then would have most people seeing your real gear and negate the whole 'I dont want people seeing me in this clown suit of gear.' Else you would have people in pvp showing up in the distance wielding a stick and wearing a paper bag when really they had something on that you really didn't want to be getting hit with.
    The system should ALWAYS ignore the fashion slot when being checked by others. If not then such a harmless feature could be abused and gain some negatives. It's to allow the player to become more attached with their character by allowing us to give them their own sense of style or showing off personality. It shouldn't help people cover up and enter events with bad gear.

Not directed towards poster:

So many MMOs are ending the "Gear Clone Wars" and I hope Yoshida decides to do the same. I really enjoy logging on my DCUO and SWTOR characters just because I'm able to feel more attached to them.

In FFXIV we are adventurers and not some military soldiers, so everyone should not almost be forced to looking EXACTLY the same(or suffer for doing the opposite).

A feature like this keeps older armor, that might be replaced in some months, from losing its value and being long forgotten. People would do old content just to acquire a certain piece for the looks of it.

Everyone doesn't like every design that's released and this prevents players from sacrificing looks for stats or vice versa. "Town Gear" is archaic and is already being replaced with a feature similar(but still the same results) as the OP. If Yoshi can grab modern features such as a Content Finder, I see no reason that a harmless feature such as this can't be added.
    (0)
    Last edited by Akumu; 04-22-2012 at 10:30 AM. Reason: No matter how many times I reread I always find errors after.
    Want to have more freedom on how you look!? Support this thread!:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/39544-To-The-Devs-A-World-of-Individuals

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Majidah View Post
    this is called the mannequin system or something like that, but it already exists and will be available on 2.0

tanaka talks about it in an interview
    The mannequin system allows us to save gear sets, not look the way we want. Using it would still change our gear and stats with it.
    (1)
    Want to have more freedom on how you look!? Support this thread!:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/39544-To-The-Devs-A-World-of-Individuals

Player
    Character
    Tora'a Moikot
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 31
    I'm still against it. It may fit in games like dc universe online but i dont want to see people run around in whatever they want while still have awesome stats.
    We also have the Materia System. When you rly want to wear something else that doesnt have super awesome stats, why not try to add up as much materia as you can to make this a good item with good looks?
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Duelle Urelle
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Saiph View Post
    I'm still against it. It may fit in games like dc universe online but i dont want to see people run around in whatever they want while still have awesome stats.
    Why do you hate fun?

Anyway, I fully support the OP. I wanted this in FFXI but the devs never gave it to us. I hope Yoshida sees this and sees whether this can be implemented. As long as the restrictions make sense, it should be perfectly fine. Class/job restrictions as a limitation make sense, so this is a clear winner.
    (6)
    * The sad thing is that FFXIV turned RDM into a turret, and people think that's what it's supposed to be. It's supposed to combine sword and magic into something more, not spend the bulk of gameplay spamming spells and jump into melee for only 3 GCDs before scurrying back to the back line like good little casters.
    * Design ideas:
    Red Mage - COMPLETE (https://tinyurl.com/y6tsbnjh), Chemist - Second Pass (https://tinyurl.com/ssuog88), Thief - First Pass (https://tinyurl.com/vdjpkoa), Rune Fencer - First Pass (https://tinyurl.com/y3fomdp2)

Player
    Character
    Altaire Virgaut
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    Against, simply because if I wanted to play a dressup doll simulator, I'd find one online.

It's a beautiful game, our characters look great, etcetcetc but honestly. We're playing a MMO, not ~*~ kawaii miq'ote magical dressup fantasy XIV~*
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Zottan Xtormaggedon
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 50
    I support this feature i dont want to see again everybody with the same gear... like on XI + Scorpion harness clones
    (4)

Page 3 of 64 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast