Player
    Character
    Toshiro Takamura
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50

So where is the Pld update?

wasn't there suppose to be class/job update which helped Pld? If that update during the hotfix was all then wow... Better off not doing anything. It's getting aggravating not being able to use Pld and honestly it's going to be the reason I quit and not want to recommend playing anymore.

I've played other jobs, I've been doing War, but I wanna use my Pld in raids and what not. But until it's useful and War's are nerfed no one going to use it.
    (0)
    The Cow says.... Moo~

Player
    Character
    Ambuter Taicho
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Pld is still viable. Granted its not as good as War going through raids as you have groups of trash mobs and Steel Cyclone is just perfect for that. Tanked Chimera and the Primals on Pld and it works just fine. Honestly its less work on the Whms and you have Hallowed Ground for any "oh shit" moments. The hate spike isn't like Antagonize as you need to War Drum and Spirits Within first for solid hate.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Darth Taru
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Paladin is a hate machine. I was initially suspect of it after using it just two times for Miser MNK burn and for such a fight still consider WAR to be the superior tank (which is fine) but for Chimera, PLD has demonstrated it has no equal.
    Some of our Black Mages are triple melded from head to toe and have to work to put themselves in red hate with a PLD tank on this fight. With BRD ballad they are able to go on an all out, unrelenting manaburn and not pull hate. This is not possible with WAR.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Zalim Ramuh
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthTaru View Post
    Paladin is a hate machine. I was initially suspect of it after using it just two times for Miser MNK burn and for such a fight still consider WAR to be the superior tank (which is fine) but for Chimera, PLD has demonstrated it has no equal.
    Some of our Black Mages are triple melded from head to toe and have to work to put themselves in red hate with a PLD tank on this fight. With BRD ballad they are able to go on an all out, unrelenting manaburn and not pull hate. This is not possible with WAR.
    This is how I feel with PLD at the moment. If I want hate... I GET IT, and it sticks really well. I can keep myself healed up as well. I agree, with a Bard i can cast almost endlessly which helps greatly. I think PLD is in a pretty good spot at the moment. The only thing I could honestly ask for is more accuracy. Block seems at the right spot, threat is at the right spot, and mana management seems to be at the right spot. Maybe a wee bit more damage via more Acc and I would call it a day.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Molly Millions
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Last lettered patch. If your PLD sucks, blame the PLD, not SE.
    (2)