Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Noloe Tazier
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    Rampart -> Sentinel -> Flash -> Voke King -> Aegis Boon -> Wait for Astral Flow to finish and for him to attack you first and use War Drum. Hopefully you've built up enough hate on them for them to immediately jump on you. When you're kiting around there might be 1 or 2 points where you can Stoneskin yourself, if the window doesn't open just keep kiting. I don't even use AF for the Enmity, I just have Sentinel Sabatons, Thormoen's Purpose, and a Coral Armillae +1 for Enmity. When you're kiting and you see the Ranger locking in on you hit Sentinel so Eagle Eye Shot doesn't hit you for 2000+ it helps the WHMs. But like Hoolie Who said Gladiator is actually better with all the cross class abilities.
    (1)
    Check out my Lore posts:
    An Eorzean Timeline: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/64377-An-Eorzean-Timeline-Reborn

Player
    Character
    Sword Coheir
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by HoolieWho View Post
    Because moogles are smarter than your average zombie and will not mindlessly follow a kiting tank (except Ruffletuft, so take that Warriors!) the other members of your party have to watch out for themselves. That means BRDs and WHMs in particular will have to use their hate shedding abilities and kite for periods of time. They also need to watch their hate in the first half of the fight. It does little good for a cocky BRD to outdamage everyone else in the first half just to die to a mob of moogles in the opening minute of the second half. Better to share the hate with fellow damage dealers.
    Damnit Who quit talking about me behind my back! :P

But that actually supports my point about not having all the mogs on you at one time. Yes I know BRD has the defense of a paper towel and even cocking their bowstring back will likely snap their wrist in two, but most mogs can hit for 500+ average on a PLD/GLA so with their 3.5kish HP pool it only makes them more susceptible to dieing before you get off the ground.

As Who also said GLA is actually more beneficial in this fight, because you don't have the luxury of casting while kiting anymore and Second Wind makes a world of difference when you need a quick heal.
    (0)

Support RDM Development: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/42776-How-Would-You-Design-Red-Mage%21[/center]

Player
    Character
    Daeren Storm
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Huh, ok, I think I will give it a go with just GLA next time. I just got so used to using the job that I hardly every switch to GLA anymore.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Buritoslicer Buritosandwich
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by waldo View Post
    Best tanking tip I can give ya, level warrior.
    You sir need to go finish leveling your fisher.

Seriously Mog is more of a kite fight. You should be focusing on kiting the king mog and keeping him from using pom flair on the group (assuming you kill BLM first and assuming you get past first half).
    (0)
    (*) Buritoslicer Buritosandwich - CounterPost XIV of Sargatanas
    http://www.counterpostfc.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Rentahamster View Post
    "Buritoslicer Buritosandwich" is one of the best names on Lindblum.

Player
    Character
    Lorev Ildgar
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    For Moogle on PLD? Pop Hallowed Ground immediately after Memento, then spam your enmity abilities. Run like a little girl and never stop running. Constantly check up on the king whenever you hear the little bell ring on hate switch, as soon as that enmity bar turns green slam your hate tools onto him. Use your defensive abilities liberally, they'll never go to waste. Don't bother casting anything unless you see all the moogles lagging far behind you. Otherwise you run the risk of being petrified, interrupted, or other unsavory things done to you. If you have healers that are slow on healing you back up or cleansing petrification, you'll be in for some unhappy times.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Scarlett Dzian
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 76
    Quote Originally Posted by HoolieWho View Post
    That means BRDs and WHMs in particular will have to use their hate shedding abilities and kite for periods of time. They also need to watch their hate in the first half of the fight. It does little good for a cocky BRD to outdamage everyone else in the first half just to die to a mob of moogles in the opening minute of the second half. Better to share the hate with fellow damage dealers.
    I die about 75% of the time within 5-10 seconds of memento if i'm on BRD. but i look at it like this....

my only concern in phase one is dropping them moogles as fast as possible to avoid those unlucky situations where you can have 2 or 3 moogles spamming maxi moogle in phase one which can pretty much screw up any chance of dropping them all in time. so hit em hard and hit em fast really is the best way to go. waiting around trying to even out everyones dps/hate is pretty much asking for trouble.

If i die after memento so what. 1 brd that gets pwnt by 7-8 moogles after memento is easier to raise than 5 or 6 people that got pwnt by memento cos the moogles didnt die in time. i can die i can be raised i can stoneskin the party every 60 seconds keep ballad up and still come out top dps. i'm not a cocky brd. i'm pretty switched on. if i see both healers downed somehow then i stop shooting start keeping an eye on the tank. raise a whm if possible and focus on recovery rather than dps. all put together it has alot of people considering me a truly awesome bard (called best on my server by 2 parties) sure i can put out awesome dps but i also know when to stop shooting stuff and start supporting the party and i've saved many a wipe because of it. so yeah call me cocky but i disagree with the quote. if i can ensure everyone survives memento by shooting a few extra arrows in the first phase then thats what i'm going to do.

but to the op. thats primarily why people dont use pld tanks. you can't generate enough hate on enough moogles in phase one to effectively kite them in phase 2. i've done it as paladin but it typically involves a much slower approach in phase one to give a pld chance to build a bit of hate. other than that keep the king targetted so you can flash/voke quicker on a hate reset and try your best to keep furry ruffle and the king on you. different strategies may require differant moogles but typically if you can keep those 3 on you any others are a bonus.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aitana Sefferson
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    So I know you guys are talking about Mog right now, but since this also seems sort of like a general thread...

What about other class skills? Obviously I got Provoke on, but what other skills should I be taking? I hear a lot of people say Stoneskin is a must. Anything else I need to level up and get from CNJ or MRD?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Scarlett Dzian
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 76
    my pld has raise cure stoneskin sacred prism and provoke. they serve pretty well. doesn't really seem much else you can use. protect at a push though you can overwrite a whms mdef with it so i tend not to use it on any other class.

may change my abilities around in 1.22b if the planned fixes work well have to see though
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Will Brannigan
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 80
    paladin's subclass skills are shitty. Take provoke, raise, and then whatever the hell else you want.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Aitana Sefferson
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzian View Post
    my pld has raise cure stoneskin sacred prism and provoke. they serve pretty well. doesn't really seem much else you can use. protect at a push though you can overwrite a whms mdef with it so i tend not to use it on any other class.

may change my abilities around in 1.22b if the planned fixes work well have to see though
    This is pretty much what I planned on getting once I level my CNJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Brannigan View Post
    paladin's subclass skills are shitty. Take provoke, raise, and then whatever the hell else you want.
    So you wouldn't say Stoneskin is a necessity for Ifrit/Mog?
    (0)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast