Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Toki Tsuchimi
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90

What/Who will be the 6.0 expansion final boss? And what about the raid bosses?

Okay so, starting with 2.0 every expansion has had a final boss that is common in the series, either as a super boss or a reoccurring summon. We had 2.0 and 4.0 with super bosses, Ultima Weapon and Shinryu, and 3.0 and 5.0 with summons Knights of the Round and Hades. So who could we get for 6.0?

Additionally, the 8-man raids have done something similar as well, 2.0, 3.0 and 5.0 were all summons; Bahamut, Alexander, and Eden, and 4.0 was Omega a super boss. At first glance it doesn't look like the Pandaemonium raid will follow this theme, but another theme is incorporating old main/side villians into side content. We got Chaos from 1, Cloud of Darkness and Xande from 3, Exdeath and Gilgamesh from 5, Kefka from 6, "possibly" Sephiroth from 7; but that occurred more in 1.0, and Ultimecia from 8. And more than likely are getting Mateus from 2 in the new raid. But who is left and will it make sense?

We know from some information given to us from the announcement that more than likely we can expect references to Mateus, Golbez, Zemus/Zeromus, and The Magus Sisters. But, who else could we see that is common/well known in the series?
    (1)
    I like helping people with their Job ideas, it's fun to help them visuallize and create the job they'd like to play most. Plus I make my own too, I'll post them eventually.

Character
    Lavender Batbook
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 80
    You aware they said they trying to be orginal this time right.
    Also Anima and towns are basically going to be ff10 themed tbh
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Toki Tsuchimi
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by AncientWillow View Post
    You aware they said they trying to be orginal this time right.
    Also Anima and towns are basically going to be ff10 themed tbh
    Yes, that is why I asked the question. They might do something similar to Ultimecia, which would fit both niches.
    (0)
    I like helping people with their Job ideas, it's fun to help them visuallize and create the job they'd like to play most. Plus I make my own too, I'll post them eventually.

Character
    Lavender Batbook
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Eloah View Post
    Yes, that is why I asked the question. They might do something similar to Ultimecia, which would fit both niches.
    Anima already covers that then she is from ff10 one of the best summons..

And I'm betting we will see a fight based around sin or a sins pawn consinder theme
    (0)

Player

If it's not Fandaniel, the likely answer is Zenos or Zodiark or a hybrid of the two.

As a bonus, they might pull a IX and have the source of the Ancients' demise be XIV's version of Necron after defeating Zenos/Zodiark as XIV's Trance Kuja.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Kakita Ucalibur
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 86
    Pandemonium is likely to draw inspiration from FF2 where it was the game's final dungeon, but could also draw inspiration from the wind FFVIII guardian force of the same name. The raid bosses I expect to be mostly demonic.

Bosses that I could see making an appearance during Endwalker or the 8-man raids:
    • FFII Iron Giant
    • Lunar Taimat
    • FFIV's Archefiends
      • Scarmiglione
      • Cagnazzo
      • Barbariccia
      • Rubicante
    • The Magus Sisters
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Alijana Tumet
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    I feel like the biggest factor in exactly what the final boss of the current story will be depends heavily on whether or not the Final Days were caused by some outside force or if it was simply an unintended consequence of something the Ancients were doing.

If the former, I could see whatever was responsible for the "noise" that started the Final Days being our final nemesis. If it's the latter, I'm expecting it to be Zodiark or at least something created using what portion of him was gathered unto the Source from the rejoinings.

I'd honestly love if they pulled a convincing bait and switch by having the story extend past what seems like the apparent ending both to the cast and the player, because ShB's twist could be seen way in advance simply from the fact that you're not required to be level 80 for the presumed "last" battle of the story coupled with there being a whole zone that's still unexplored.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimatecalibur View Post
    The Magus Sisters
    They were actually sneakily confirmed in one of the dungeon artworks if you look carefully.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Astral Thalia
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Braska's Final Aeon comes to mind since they are ending the saga of Hydaelyn and Zodiark, which means possibly the Sound could make a return, and someone may be affected by it. From the wiki:

"I can't hear the Hymn so well anymore. Pretty soon, I'm gonna be Sin. Completely. I'm glad you're here now. One thing, though... When it starts, I won't be myself anymore. I won't be able to hold myself back. I'm sorry."

-Jecht
    I'm kind of expecting Vegnagun to make an appearance at some point in 6.X as well, since there's always one or more new Weapon mechas in each expansion.
    (1)

Character
    Seraphor Vhinasch
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    I'm expecting the final final boss to be original to XIV, namely, Zenos-Zodiark combined.
    Though I expect it will take a lot from the Sephiroth-Jenova relationship from VII.
    If it's not the case, then it will be Zenos + whatever else rears it's head as the big bad, maybe the cause of the sound. After we've dealt with Hydaelyn/Zodiark.

It's worth noting that Anima as the first trial to be revealed, likely means that it's the mid-story trial of the expansion, like Ravana, Susano and Titania. This likely means it won't be part of a bigger group or clade of fights, like Sin or other Aeons. (Although Susano could sort of be grouped with Tsukuyomi. Not linked within the plot of XIV but drawn from the same mythos)
    Most likely based in Thanvair, along with all the other FFX influence.

I think think the area that's still being kept secret will be.. Sharlayan.
    It's here we get more Scion character development, find out more about Hydaelyn and Zodiark, and find our way to the Moon. Garlemald will just be a dead exploration zone, with no city hub.
    The level 89 trial I think could be something based in Sharlayan, maybe something like Madeen maybe, or it could be in that Garlean zone, in which case that could in fact be our fight with Zenos, before the big bad comes out after and ends up being the final level 90 trial.

The 8 man raid series, Pandaemonium, will likely draw from II and maybe IX.
    In II it was Emperor Mateus' palace, after he died, was sent to hell and replaced Satan. (funnily enough Mateus the esper/lucavi is Lahabrea's counterpart in Ivalice lore)
    In IX it was Garlands lair, where he led the recycling of souls from Gaia to terra and where he tried to wipe Zidanes memory and he had to find himself again. Similarly to Mateus and Satan in II, Kuja defeats and replaces Garland.

Presumably, Lahabrea in his aetherial form somehow managed to find his way to Pandaemonium, and has usurped the throne. In his broken state (indicated by his half-mask) he's likely not his true self, but a shadow of his former self, and we'll be dealing with him coming to terms with this in some way. I expect the fights will be an exposure and representation of his broken psyche.
    Does this leave room for a reoccuring boss/summon as the focal point? Probably not. Though we may get allusions in there, to hellish things or things created by Lahabrea. Yet more Ifrit, Phoenix, as-of-yet unknown creations of his. Maybe some form of Chaos, maybe Garland as a boss. Maybe literally Satan, and other Judaeo-Christian demonic figures, (Beelzebub and Astaroth were bosses in II's Pandaemonium) which would contrast ShB's overly angelic theme quite well.

The question is what was Pandaemonium before Lahabrea found it?
    My guess is that it's located in Tartarus, a realm only accessed so far by ancient Gougan constructs, and is currently being researched by Garlemald, which may be how we discover it.
    Also as we'll be dealing with more development for Lahabrea, we could find out his true name. In line with the existing true Ascian names, Hades, Gaia, Artemis, my guesses for his true name would be either Prometheus, Hephaestus, or Menoetes.
    (0)
    Last edited by Seraphor; 02-10-2021 at 08:55 PM.

Player
    Character
    Enkidoh Roux
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Seraphor View Post
    I'm expecting the final final boss to be original to XIV, namely, Zenos-Zodiark combined.
    ^This, although given the obvious FFIV parallels with EW I'm expecting Fandangle to be unceremoniously disposed of as aether for Zodiark as a sacrifice, which Zenos then assimilates into, and becomes a bizzare callback to Zeromous/Zemus in FFIV (I would be very disappointed if SE doesn't go for an easy pun and call his 'assimilated' form something like 'Zenus', 'Zenomous' or 'Zenoark' ).

But yeah it's definetely clear SE are planning for a Zenos/Zodiark combination to be the final boss. The after credits stinger scene way back at the end of SHB's 5.0 story made that pretty clear.
    (1)

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast