Hybrid View

Player
    Character
    Tori Yasa
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 70

23 Armorer needs advice and questions answered. Thanks!

Hey guys. I leveled my armorer a long time ago, and when 1.21 came out I started leveling again.

I have a few questions because all of the sites I've looked up are either outdated (Since 2010 XD) or don't provide the specific answers I can't seem to find anywhere. Thanks!

1.) What should I be leveling on as an Armorer 23? I'm not getting much from leves, and I'm not sure what level items are that I should be grinding on. Do I grind on something 10 levels higher than me? 5? I'm leveling miner as I do armorer, so I have a -ton- of Iron I've been doing, but that's still just level 25 or so items.

2.) What exactly does Craftsmanship, Magic Craftsmanship, and Control do? Believe it or not, I'm having a tough time coming upon definitive answers. What's the best to stack for leveling?

3.) Is there a website with a lot of updated information on it I can browse? I hate having to ask when there should be a standardized website I could look it up on. I've found good sites, but oftentimes I have to keep MANY tabs open, each containing a different site, to compile all of my information. And once again, most sites I've stumbled upon have guides that were made in 2010.

^ That holds true for miner. XD

Any other tips for a budding armorer? D: Thanks again!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sephrick Markarius
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    I'm not an Armorer but here is some general advice:

1) Generally, try to be a few levels above yourself. Try to balance recipe difficulty and ability to boost quality.

Quality now gives a significant boost. If you can get around 130ish quality you should see a bonus of 100%.

I aproach crafting with the mentality of squeezing every ounce of exp that I can from each synth. Sometimes a synth five levels above you will give you more exp than one 9 levels depending on how well you're geared and what abilities you have at your disposal.

2) Still one of the great mysteries of XIV. Craftsmanship boosts the success rate of physical recipes. Magic Craftsmanship boosts the success rate of magic recipes. Which recipes are which is anyone's guess. Best bet is to find a happy medium.

Control reduces the chances of sparking or unstable elements.

If you want to know more about any stat, make sure your help text is turned on and hover over the stat in you attributes menu.

3) I mostly use Mooglebox.com. A little of Yellow Gremlin and Disciplesoftheland.com.

Problem is every few months these sites have to pretty much redo their databases. Hopefully that's done for now that SE is through the overhaul stage of 1.x.

Best thing you can do is keep at it with making use of multiple sites and use what works best for you. But don't be afraid of "dated" or "old" recipes. There're still in the game to serve as a stop gap till SE can properly fill the blanks.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Tori Yasa
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 70
    Thanks for the info It's gonna be a long road! but I think I'm ready.

Update: I've been synthing for quite a long time now, and it's getting tedious XD Is it just me?

I'm now 24, about three-quarters of the way to 25.

There doesn't seem to be any level 30 leves, only level 20s and 40s. So I've been grinding out steel ingots into Alchemy arms, Steel rings, and steel plates. I generally get around 600exp per synth, which is a lot, but not a ton considering how long it takes to try and boost quality as much as I can before the durability runs out.

Am I doing it correctly? Should I just wait for rested EXP bonus, buy an engineering manual, and only craft then until I can start doing the higher leves?

This grind seems a lot harder than miner, but that's probably because miner has leves that give a toooon of exp. :\

So basically: Any tips if I'm doing the wrong thing? Am I missing leves somewhere? Should I just stack bonus xp? Thanks again guys! I thought I was ready for this but holy cow is it slow. O_O Not saying I want it fast. FFXI was known for a SERIOUS, expensive grindfest and this is probably loads easier than that, but I just have this feeling I'm doing something wrong. :\
    (0)
    Last edited by Curcio; 04-19-2012 at 10:17 AM.

Player
    Character
    Alzelia Shey
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 50
    The Rank 30 leves don't show up until you are rank 25
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Frein Mannis
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Alzelia View Post
    The Rank 30 leves don't show up until you are rank 25
    Actually, it should be L30 for DoH.

600 exp for a long synth sounds quite low. My 40+ CRP regularly squeezes out 2-2.5k rested bonus synths from leves. I eat food for the 3% exp boost and quality usually ranges from around 200 to 300.
    (0)