Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Yoso Carrasco
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 74

Attention Newbies: Look at the Lodestone Play guides!

Not that we don't like answering newbie questions, but I've seen a lot of people talking about trying to find information on this game when it has been right under their nose:

The Lodestone, the official website for this game!

Click on the "Play Guides" section on the left! It has lots of useful information such as:

Practically anything you may have a question about is covered (make sure to click any red/brown text links sprinkled throughout the pages for some delicious charts and expanded information). It is updated pretty frequently, usually a few days after major patches or whenever a new system or feature is added. The articles are really informative so the devs that work on it deserve to have their work brought to light.

Reps, maybe you can make a sticky topic alerting players to the Play Guides' existence so that more people are aware of it.
    (5)
    Last edited by Estellios; 04-18-2012 at 04:18 AM.

Player
    Character
    Crim Soukyuu
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Also one of the important things: how to search for party members and set up your LFG flag

I was pretty shocked some people were saying they didn't even know how to set up their lfg flag so they resorted to shouts instead.
    (4)

[ AMD Phenom II X4 970BE@4GHz | 12GB DDR3-RAM@CL7 | nVidia GeForce 260GTX OC | Crucial m4 SSD ]

Player
    Character
    Fiofel Zalalafell
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 1
    I think the front page can be pretty overwhelming. Because we've been there most of the way, we know it's out there and what to look for.

It's like walking into a FedexOffice/Kinko's with a self-service area. Even though all the directions and choices are there, it's overwhelming enough that sometimes asking someone familiar with the place can point you in the right direction.

But I think stickies on some threads would be nice as well.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Yoso Carrasco
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 74
    Bah, thanks Crim I knew I forgot something important.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Robert Redensa
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70
    I had no idea the Lodestone was so current! Thanks Estellios! I'll definitely link to the Lodestone guides where applicable when helping new players from now on in order to encourage their use.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Yoso Carrasco
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 74
    I added the info on the Search and Party Recruit tools. Not to steal your thunder, Crim, but that info needs to be plastered everywhere as much as possible so everyone uses it.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Orophin Calmcacil
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Estellios View Post
    I added the info on the Search and Party Recruit tools. Not to steal your thunder, Crim, but that info needs to be plastered everywhere as much as possible so everyone uses it.
    With all the shouts in Ul'dah, seems like this problem doesn't pertain only to newbies. :P
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Crim Soukyuu
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Estellios View Post
    That's the reason I posted it lol
    Maybe we'll someday see players actually not clogging up ul'dah.
    (0)

[ AMD Phenom II X4 970BE@4GHz | 12GB DDR3-RAM@CL7 | nVidia GeForce 260GTX OC | Crucial m4 SSD ]

Player
    Character
    Crim Soukyuu
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    *bump* This one fell too deep to the bottom.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lakota Pride
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Lot of people and not only new never go to forums or lodestone or even know it exists .
    suprised me lol

I would like an option to flag myself as not available in search.
    Lately people i never seen or heared of before like to just contact me for help and requests.
    I dont mind helping people out once in a while , it does gets annoying sometimes when people pop up in chat asking for whatever aid they need with parties or jobs/bosses etc.
    (0)
    Last edited by wolfsspirit; 05-10-2012 at 07:28 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast