Player
    Character
    Maximus Gladiator
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60

Noob question

Hey this might be a stupid question but if you choose to be a disciple of war can you stiil pick a craft and craft things in the game?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Holland Stark
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 24
    It is not a stupid question in the least =)

No matter what discipline you choose when creating a character, you can later change at will to other disciplines just by equipping the appropiate tool or weapon.

Welcome to the game!

Edit: you can check the playguide in the Lodestone for a better understanding of many basic stuff that you will want to know about the game when starting. its located on the left side just below "play Enviroment" tab. Check all those out! =D

Happy Adventuring~♪

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/index.html

Edit2: This is actually what you are looking for
    (3)
    Last edited by Holland; 04-15-2012 at 06:54 AM.

Signature provided by grausekopf ~ Thank you ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Hikozaemon View Post
    Thanks for the 5 ifrits canes Yoshi i can build a life raft and use them to float to another mmo.

Player
    Character
    Maximus Gladiator
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Holland View Post
    It is not a stupid question in the least =)

No matter what discipline you choose when creating a character, you can later change at will to other disciplines just by equipping the appropiate tool or weapon.

Welcome to the game!

Edit: you can check the playguide in the Lodestone for a better understanding of many basic stuff that you will want to know about the game when starting. its located on the left side just below "play Enviroment" tab. Check all those out! =D

Happy Adventuring~♪

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/index.html

Edit2: This is actually what you are looking for
    Thanks for the quick reply that really cleared up a lot for me lol, I have one more question not really on topic but I have been hearing a lot about this FF14 2.0 any Idea when that is going to be realeased?
    (1)
    Last edited by Leonhart16; 04-15-2012 at 07:22 AM.

Player
    Character
    Holland Stark
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 24
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonhart16 View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply that really cleared up a lot for me lol, I have one more question no really on topic but I have been hearing a lot about this FF14 2.0 any Idea when that is going to be realeased?
    You're welcome.

Version 2.0 should be distributed and released as a beta at the end of October beggining of November.

Check this link and read the PDF files at the bottom so you can see the goodies that await!.
    FFXIV 2.0 awesomeness
    (4)

Thanks for the 5 ifrits canes Yoshi i can build a life raft and use them to float to another mmo.

Player
    Character
    Maximus Gladiator
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    I see, this should be awesome. Question, So if I were to equip a leather working crafting tool I would automatically be switch to disciple of hands? and if so how do I go about lvling that class? do I just do regular leve's or do I have to do the graft leve's?
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Holland Stark
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 24
    Good questions!

Yes, you would switch to a leather worker and creating items with that tool would earn you experience points. Leves are divided in two groups, Regional and local Leves. Local Leves would be the ones for DoH classes. I believe with the last patch, creating regular items yields large ammounts of exp points based on the quality of the item you create, go ahead and try that out!. For a good income starting the game, I would advise leveling a Disciple of the Land class (DoL).

Side Note: I'm at work now and not much to do xD
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Maximus Gladiator
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    Good questions!

Yes, you would switch to a leather worker and creating items with that tool would earn you experience points. Leves are divided in two groups, Regional and local Leves. Local Leves would be the ones for DoH classes. I believe with the last patch, creating regular items yields large ammounts of exp points based on the quality of the item you create, go ahead and try that out!. For a good income starting the game, I would advise leveling a Disciple of the Land class (DoL).

Side Note: I'm at work now and not much to do xD
    Lol! I'm also at work and have nothing to do might as well get a better grasp on the game, ok cool so say I switch my weapon to like a sword since I'm a pug right now I will automatically switch to I think gladitor or what class that is, would I just have to to regular battle leve's to lvl that class?
    (1)
    Last edited by Leonhart16; 04-15-2012 at 08:10 AM.

Player
    Character
    Holland Stark
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 24
    Lol! I'm also at work and have nothing to do might as well get a better grasp on the game, ok cool so say I switch my weapon to like a sword since I'm a pug right now I will automatically switch to I think gladitor or what class that is, would I just have to to regular battle leve's to lvl that class?
    That's right!, that's about it in terms of switching class, most gear you will find might suit several classes at a time too, so you might not need worry about gear. Also, you can either solo those leves, but for better rewards you can party with other players and either do leves as a group or kill the local fauna for exp and items/crystal shards, etc.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Maximus Gladiator
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    That's right!, that's about it in terms of switching class, most gear you will find might suit several classes at a time too, so you might not need worry about gear. Also, you can either solo those leves, but for better rewards you can party with other players and either do leves as a group or kill the local fauna for exp and items/crystal shards, etc.
    I see, interesting I'm still doing leve's at camp bentbranch but what is a Fauna?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Conradus Leviathan
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    I see, interesting I'm still doing leve's at camp bentbranch but what is a Fauna?
    Holland's just being all fancy Latin 'n' stuff for talking about going out and grinding out kills on monsters that are standing around. That can actually get you fairly decent exp, particularly in the early levels. For battle classes, Disciples of the Land, and Disciples of the Hand, all three, you can always go out and just do stuff on your own to get exp instead of doing leves (which are also an option for all three, of course).
    (1)