Conradus Leviathan
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcade View Post
    When do I get my first mount and where?
    The game at present provides three types of mounts:

Rental Chocobo: You can rent these at the chocobo rental persons in the three cities. 800 gil per ride, time is limited but fairly long. You can use them as soon as you have a class at level 10 or higher, so you should be able to use them now. Slightly slower than the other two mounts.

Grand Company Chocobo: You must have fully joined a Grand Company (i.e., have rank of at least Private Third Class) to get this; it will cost you 3000 company seals. Can be summoned anywhere it can be ridden (no mount can be ridden in a city or in a dungeon), no limit or cost after you get it. Note that you must have a class at level 25 or higher to join a GC (GCs won't even talk to you until you get to at least 22).

Goobbue: Talk to the "Wandering Minstrel" NPC at La Noscea (36,25). You must have a class at level 30 or higher. Basically identical to the GC Chocobo, just a lot bigger (and different BGM).
    (3)
    Last edited by Conradus; 04-16-2012 at 03:11 AM.

Player
    Character
    Norack Sunstorm
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    you can get the gobbue mount when you are lv.30+ in Limsa outside, not playing atm so dont know exactly where but you have to talk to yoshi............. um, the wandering minstrel to get him, I personally would try for this mount first just because 2.0 is almost here and after 2.0 you won't be able to get it anymore.

Your chocobo mount you buy with grand company seals at the grand company you join for 3,000 grand company seals, In order to join a Grand company you need to do the first 5 starter quests for each Grand Company, after that you can join one and buy your chocobo.
    (1)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Conradus View Post
    The game at present provides three types of mounts:

Rental Chocobo: You can rent these at the chocobo rental persons in the three cities. 800 gil per ride, time is limited but fairly long. You can use them as soon as you have a class at level 10 or higher, so you should be able to use them now. Slightly slower than the other two mounts.

Grand Company Chocobo: You must have fully joined a Grand Company (i.e., have rank of at least Private Third Class) to get this; it will cost you 3000 company seals. Can be summoned anywhere it can be ridden (no mount can be ridden in a city or in a dungeon), no limit or cost after you get it. Note that you must have a class at level 25 or higher to join a GC (GCs won't even talk to you until you get to at least 22).

Goobbue: Talk to the "Wandering Minstrel" NPC at La Noscea (36,25). You must have a class at level 30 or higher. Basically identical to the GC Chocobo, just a lot bigger (and different BGM).
    Thank you for the detailed answer!!
    (0)

Player

Thank you!!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tyler Wevlum
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Sometimes it can be awkward finding info for anything like this if you weren't around for the patch letter to hit. I still refer back to the lodestone patch/letter history quite a few times because the community sites orientated around game information, not tracking players (wuv you ffxivpads), still aren't really up to scratch since they don't update a lot. Mooglebox is awesome too but that's more about crafting/item databases.
    (1)
    The Ul'duh Inn is like an antique shop...full of crap and always closed.
    "You don't have to say anything, I just look at your life now and work backwards." - Black Books

Player
    Character
    Yoso Carrasco
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 74
    Lodestone has a Grand Company Guide that may be of help. It tells you how to join companies and getting a chocobo is at the bottom.
    (0)