Archer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    You need to wrap an image in tags like so: [IMG]URL[/IMG]
    Thanks XD Usually worked with copy&paste from enjin tho -.-
    (0)

Seriously Why?

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Platinumstorm View Post
    It has pretty good animations, but I would like to have indicators on where my AOE effects are going, and making it a bit more engaging than just nocking arrows, using buffs, and then attacking.
    Whole heartedly agree. Getting sick of using AOEs and "magically" not hitting half the enemies.. Besides that, (and the fact arrows are WAY too expensive) I think Archers play pretty well right now. Can't wait for some class-specific gear though!
    (0)

Player

I am leveling Archer and it is my favourite class, as said before animations improvements would be great to see (Quick draw looks awesome where as barrage is a simple one shot) additional crowd control would be good . our damage is nice but maybe like most other I would like to see MORE! ... I miss my Sidewinder :P lol.

I think what would be a good addition to our class uniqueness and general improvement is more Ammo for our Arsenal. introduction of poison, blind and paralyzing arrows as well as Bows with unique status effects or ones that make us choose between higher attack less accuracy or Higher Accuracy less attack but still within same ranking to use. Since an Archers greatest Ally is the distance we keep between us and the monster it would be great if we can use the terrain to our advantage. like standing on a hill or ledge and raining down hell upon our doomed enemies. while there are a few spots that allow us to do this I find *you are out of range* message pops up too much for an archer lol.

I also very much agree that i do not want to see traps in this game. the engaging and combat system is tough enough that i can't be worried to run and lay a trap that a monster may or may not run into. and with all the roaming monsters in the area Bad linking and party wipes is all that can result from traps, that I can see
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Arya Nyx
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephala View Post
    Whole heartedly agree. Getting sick of using AOEs and "magically" not hitting half the enemies.. Besides that, (and the fact arrows are WAY too expensive) I think Archers play pretty well right now. Can't wait for some class-specific gear though!
    True, a little highlighted area on the ground could be added to show where you're going to hit - and thus what you will hit. They can even implement that for other classes that have AoE/cone attacks.

Arrows......well, they were not exactly cheap in FFXI either, and because there's a high demand for them (we fire a lot of arrows even if you play conservatively, and they are not recyclable in a grand way - yes, I know Scavenge exists, but it doesn't significantly lower your costs), the supply will continue to have high prices. As more and more Carpenters rank up, I'm sure the prices will drop a little and stabilise, but I fully expect arrows (and most likely bullets too in the future when they release gun classes) to still be relatively expensive. Saying that, if cost is an issue, go back to Warped Arrows. They may not be "optimal damage", but they are cheap.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kai Ulric
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    I love archer! I wasn't a big fan of Ranger in FFXI so I didn't try it until recently, and since then I've gone into surplus at least 4 times and have gotten it almost to 30! I can't wait to see what else they do with this job!

As for arrows, I guess I'm lucky.... being an Alchemist and Botanist as well, I help gather the branches and make wing glue for the carpenters etc and I pretty much get free arrows. XD

I can't wait to get this job to 50!
    (0)
    I'm just a bun boy, doing bun boy things.

Player
    Character
    Snow Moonsong
    World
    Gungnir
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    I love archer as well, nearly 40 now. The only thing I personally wish for is different WS animations. Currently, some are quite nice. But others are simply boring. This isnt just for Archer WS however. All jobs need new animations.
    (0)
    Last edited by SnowMoonsong; 03-12-2011 at 07:47 PM. Reason: Punctuation

Player
    I like Archer right now but I would like them to bring back some FFXI Ranger abilities/weaponskills. I understand it is a different game but I really want an improved version of widescan and would love some visually awesome weaponskills like sidewinder. The game lacks the power moves that look like you are just crushing the enemy, minus Simian Thrash maybe one or two other abilities that are noteworthy. I would also really love to see 2 hour abilities make a come back, Eagle Eye Shot would be a great asset to my repertoire or some other new type of ability that really brings out the individuality of the classes.

Like I said I am happy with my class but those elements would really make this class and all the classes for that matter stand out a lot more. What do some of you think about what I said?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ootzz Ootzz
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 60
    Hey All I am a Rank 50 Archer And I feel over all the job is great there is a few thing's I think would make it better / fun A little Less spread of weapon skill's due to when your 50 you still really only use the same ones the whole time.
    Also I think the arrow's are border line useless use warped unless fighting NM's or Leves runs or your wasting gil.
    Chameleon is great for NM's for hate dump when your putting out so much dps.
    The Bow's are nice but they look all the same sept the last like 3 or 4 so that could be fixed
    PUG and Arch Have like the same gear which i think is really dumb so that could be fixed
    Try not to waste time on the NM Faction gear people +1 STR isnt worth the millions. always the harriers
    Wide scan like said above would be so great miss that skill
    and the STAM system is really something to be fixed i know on NM's youll try and putt out mad skills but STAM bar will block you most of the time from being speedy and deadly like a archer is.
    A dagger or atleast a sub weapon i think is needed for all classes but one weapon makes it really limited in the depth you could be in the whole " Archer " feel not to be WoWish but i think skinning was a good idea could always work well with Tanners etc.
    GUN? please?
    but over all its a great job good DPS as it should be it was so GIMPED in FFXI so its about time we get our chance o show archers skills
    (0)
    Last edited by UllrHellfire; 03-09-2011 at 05:48 AM. Reason: i clicked enter -_-

Player
    Character
    Russet Rarab
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Bind seems completely and utterly useless. It holds enemies for something like 1 or 2 seconds -- not really enough to make a difference at all.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Mariya Shidou
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    More variety in bows and make the variety matters. Currently all the bows just act the same with slight variance in ATK/ACC/Crit Rate, a Long Bow has the same range/stamina cost as a Short Bow which is a shame.
    (0)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast