Player
    Character
    Zumi Kasumi
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90

Monk Rotation

Just got monk to 50 a few days ago and I would like which combos offer the highest DPS and take priority. Still trying to learn how to maximize dps. Which WS should be stacked with Blindside, Blood for Blood, Keen Furry.

Pounce > Sucker Punch > Dragon Kick
    Pounce > Demolish > Howling Fist
    Pummel > Concussive Blow > Simian Trash
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Yuki Ynagi
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    howling fists is the choice for full buffs. Dragon kick it's 2-hit, so buffs work only on the first, and howling do some more damage
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Meleena Steelheart
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 74
    If I DPS on a Boss like Miser Mistress I go with something like this:

Invigorate > Spinning Heel
    Pounce > Demolish > Blood for Blood > Blindside > Keen Flurry > Howling Fist
    Pummel > Concussive Blow > Simian Trash
    (0)
    Last edited by Meleena; 04-14-2012 at 07:02 PM.

Player
    Character
    Veto Bahamut
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 1
    howling fist does the most damage. simian thrash and dragon kick do similar damage, but simian thrash is on a longer timer so you probably want to use it before dragon kick (in most situations) to make sure you can use it more. so you're probably looking at howling fist combo first, then simian thrash combo, then dragon kick combo.

always put blood for blood and blindside on howling fist. as far as keen flurry, well- that depends.

you basically have to look at the estimated length of the fight. if using keen flurry on howling fist means you can get in extra howling fists before the end of the fight, then it's a no-brainer. however, if using keen flurry on howling fist won't technically net you any extra total howling fists, then you have to start looking at other ways to use your keen flurry to maximize dps.

simian thrash is on the same cooldown as howling fist, so generally if keen flurry won't net you any extra total howling fists- it won't do any good to use on simian, either. next you look at dragon kick, which has a 60 second cooldown. if using keen flurry there will net you extra dragon kicks before the end of the fight, but not extra howling fists or simian thrash, then you use it on dragon kick.

if you won't net any extra dragon kicks overall, either, then you start looking into your half-combos. aura pulse, concussive blow, etc.

tl;dr howling fist is your big gun and gets buff priority, but doing a perfect rotation for optimal dps relies heavily on optimizing the use of your cooldown timers to squeeze in as many total WSs as possible before the end of the fight. that means both clever use of keen flurry (and the TP you get from quelling strike) and doing your combos in proper order so the cooldowns line up best.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Sylve Lowen
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Meleena View Post
    If I DPS on a Boss like Miser Mistress I go with something like this:

Invigorate > Spinning Heel
    Pounce > Demolish > Blood for Blood > Blindside > Keen Flurry > Howling Fist
    Invigorate > Spinning Heel is kind of a waste of TP generation. Unless you're missing, you should almost always cap out at 3000 TP before Spinning Heel is finished, and then you just end up wasting TP generation. If you use weaponskills to alleviate that, you're still missing out on valuable spinning heel up time.

I always save Spinning Heel for when my major CDs are up. Secondly, waiting for a second Howling Fist after your first is a waste of time. Simian Thrash should be put on CD after your first buffed howling fist. By the time Howling Fist will be back up, you'll have enough TP to chain the combo. Sitting around waiting for timers to be up is a huge waste of DPS. Need to keep things on a cooldown. Then again, this is just how I run. To each their own.

Nitpicking aside, I personally run with the following on Miser.

Invigorate at the start, along with Nerve drops (as we lack a heavy DL tank at the moment). Shoulder tackle in.

Pounce > Demolish > Fully buffed Howling Fist.
    Pummel > Concussive Blow > Simian Thrash
    Spinning Heel

Rinse repeat-ish. Parses 110~140 on Miser in entry level gear.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Carraway Author
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 90
    Even without any heavy DL, if the tank uses a Maddening Potion, Collusions a fully buffed HF, and is on the ball with his hate rotation, you shouldn't need to use Nerve Drops instead of a Mega-potion of Strength.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Veto Bahamut
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Endemerrin View Post
    Nitpicking aside,
    a lot of the stuff you said doesn't really make sense unless you're running without a battle voiced paeon. and while i guess without a battle voiced paeon that might be good advice- i'd be forced to wonder why you're running a mnk/melee burn strategy without a battle voiced paeon in the first place.
    (0)
    Last edited by fusional; 04-16-2012 at 01:27 PM.