Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Player

I feel like the immersion is more lost in the movement from front to back (clipping through the mob) rather than PLD should be "better" than that. I don't see the morality issue, and as others have said it came from GLA anyway.

As for it making things less safe for the party - this is where skill/tactics comes into play. Something like Ifrit where you can get knockback you just need to pay more attention to whats going on, and use it right after he uses a tp move. The mob only turns for half a second at most, so if you're timing it properly there should be no issue.

Personally, though - I do find it frustrating that both of our primary combos involve moving around for optimal . MNK has a combo where you can stay behind the whole way through, and WAR has a combo where you can stay in front the whole way through. I don't have 50 DRG but iirc they have a frontal combo as well.

Also, I despise the whole "it's for when you lose hate" argument. PLD should not be losing hate. I don't need tools that are only useful for when I lose hate, because my goal is to NOT lose hate.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Lydia Burdenbearer
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Phobos View Post
    Also, I despise the whole "it's for when you lose hate" argument. PLD should not be losing hate. I don't need tools that are only useful for when I lose hate, because my goal is to NOT lose hate.
    Tell that to Coincounter in Aurum Vale, maybe he'll promise not to use Animal Instinct. Also, remember to /bow to the King Moggle.
    (0)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Digirotta View Post
    Tell that to Coincounter in Aurum Vale, maybe he'll promise not to use Animal Instinct. Also, remember to /bow to the King Moggle.
    That's what Voke/Flash is for. Most hate reset moves are full party hate reset. Yes, you lost hate but so did EVERYONE ELSE.

I can almost guaruntee Voke/Flash is up, but not that I have 2000 tp. Not to mention, when losing hate in that type of situation my first thought is not "OMG I better use a WS" it's "I better Flash/Voke to regain hate"

There's just too many tools for the scenario when we lose hate, and what most people are referencing here its for when someone else pulls hate, not for when a mob resets hate. Voke and Flash are plenty to regain hate so that you can start tanking normally again. Dealing with hate reset shouldn't be an issue if you're doing your job right. Animal Instinct should be happening right in front of you, and in moogle you should keep the center of the arena in your view the whole time you kite, so the second you see king with green hate running to the middle you should be able to get it back without issue.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lydia Burdenbearer
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    My tanking consists of the regular 15 second cycle. Meaning, after i use Provoke, i have 15 seconds to do Healing and Counter-attacks, before i pop Flash. After that, i have another 15 seconds before Provoke is up again. At this point usually pop a Divine Veil and Aegis Boon/Outmaneuver combo, and pop a possible counter-attack. After that, Provoke is up again, and my cycle restarts. Here i usually pop Rampart after Provoke.

Now, if a hate reset would occur right after i pop Provoke or Flash, i'd have to wait over 10 seconds before an insta-claim ability can be used again. THIS is where the Riot Blade comes into play. It's ranged, and it lowers target's defense when it's executed from behind, AND it comboes to Rage of Halone with increased accuracy, granting a very nice headstart on enmity. After that, i just get back to my rotation. It's the perfect reclaiming tool for lost hate as it is. If i don't have TP, it means that BRD hasn't done his or her job.

This way it's much easier for DD's to follow their enmity build-up and make estimates on when to use hate-reducing abilites, and when to WS, without having to just stand there auto-attacking and waiting for the tank to "do something about it". In other words, it's easier to keep constant damage and debuffs on the target.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zos'ra Vizir
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    Yoshi has mentioned it twice now, Dark Knight being associated with GLA. Not sure it makes sense to me, would've expected Thief, RDM, BLU etc to come out of GLA.

Although....... Cecil Harvey is possibly the dopest FF hero to walk the FF series.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Reynhart Kristensen
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 75
    Dark Knight is a sword user in earlier FF. Only FF XI made it a 2-handed-weapon user.

But personally, i'd like to see Dark Knight as a second MRD upgrade and Red Mage for GLA, both with THM "subjob".
    Technically, RDM is a sword and shield user too.
    (0)
    Last edited by Reynhart; 05-02-2012 at 02:13 AM.

Player

Quote Originally Posted by SionDurant View Post
    Yoshi has mentioned it twice now, Dark Knight being associated with GLA. Not sure it makes sense to me, would've expected Thief, RDM, BLU etc to come out of GLA.

Although....... Cecil Harvey is possibly the dopest FF hero to walk the FF series.
    This. I miss my old THF from XI. Houbaut, your extremely long elvaan arms and dopey face will never be forgotten.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sword Coheir
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    The poofy AF/Relic pants. >.>
    (0)

Support RDM Development: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/42776-How-Would-You-Design-Red-Mage%21[/center]

Player
    Character
    Alindalia Finrandi
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 60
    Hey, we became Paladins by helping Jerlyns see the light and find the error in his ways, and we did whatever necessary to accomplish this task. We continue helping things see the light, just sometimes the only way for us to do that is beat them into oblivion, and sometimes we have to get behind them to do that. Means to an end, my friend, means to an end.
    (1)
    (My current Free Company) officially states that, (Current Free Company) does not share, condone, support or otherwise endorse what I have to say. (Current Free Company) shall be held harmless and indemnified. Your consent to this agreement is assumed by reading this post.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3