Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Player

[ Suggestion ] - WHM Holy Spell Adjustment

At its current state, the WHM Holy spells is lacking enough usefulness to be worthy of a Job ability.
    Due to its recast(5 mins), its Magic potency(near the same dmg of Stonera), and most of all, it's MP cost(All MP).

I do not see that all 3 categories need to be improved, but at least one of the 3 would make the spell somewhat useful, instead of being a fun flashy gimmick finisher move that is only used when you're just messing around or have already won the battle.

Please strongly consider improving the Magic Potency of this spell, to reflect the cost(MP and recast).
    Or just remove the cost of all MP.
    Or simply give it much shorter recast time.

Thank you for your consideration.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Y'ahte Tia
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Just- A moment. I mean- At least on random mobs which is where the only place i've used Holy- It was dealing about 1200~1600 whereas Stonera was dealing 800 or so and Aerora 500.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Zealotius Arkimedes
    World
    Gungnir
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Holy for me is only used for when a mob is near wiped....or in a dungeon if i can SoS immediately after
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Fallen Eden
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    BLM 15 min Burst cooldown needs to be adjusted before holy. 15min for at most ~200 damage more than a regular thunder combo.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Reinheart Valentine
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 86
    use the instant recast ability, MP regen ability

Instant recast > Holy > MP heal ability > Holy = WIN lol

Posted on JP side but I want confirmation button instead of it just going off with a single press of a button...
    Holy > Automatically targets self and can't target anything else > press enter > uses holy

Pressed Holy at the wrong damn place and was embarrassing lol
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Yoso Carrasco
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 74
    ^^^
    You really just have to get used to not pressing it at the wrong time, I have it separated faaaar away from any spells i use regularly lol, but when I first got it I would accidentally hit it occasionally. I like it better being instant cast with 1 press.

Holy is really good though, I wouldn't change anything about it. It's a really powerful emergency move and can do some great damage/clear some adds right as you run out of MP and before you cycle through your MP restoring abilities. As was stated, on enemies not weak to Stone, it can do around 50% more damage than Stonera, doesn't need to be Combo'd to get that damage, is AOE, instant cast, can Bind, and can cost as low as 280 MP. The description doesn't say it does any particular element of damage, which is great too because you won't get resisted.

Even as someone that pushes for CNJ/WHM nuking when they can, Holy isn't supposed to be something you use with regular frequency since it isn't your job.
    (0)
    Last edited by Estellios; 04-13-2012 at 11:24 AM.

Player

Holy does 80 damage on Ifrit......

All I'm saying is to give up ALL MP should result in something more significant.
    Or change the MP cost.

For a WHM to sacrifice all their MP puts the whole party at risk, so there should be a better compensation.
    But like I said before, the way Holy has been implemented just makes it a gimmick spell, and not for real battle use.
    Otherwise I'll be left killing marmots for 9999 damage with Holy just for kicks.

Please Dev's, have a heart, don't let Holy be used to destroy innocent lowly furry animals on the outskirts of town for the amusement of twisted White Mages.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Lynn Nuvestrahl
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    Holy is powerful in certain situations, especially doubled. Wiping all mp makes its use more strategic. I like it the way it is.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Reinheart Valentine
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 86
    Holy x2 kills the boss in Totorak... lol Always use it when doing speed runs with my wife w
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Yoso Carrasco
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 74
    Holy is really useful for helping clear groups of enemies, too. If you use your abilities right you can go indefinitely on Shroud of Saints and Blissful Mind.

The spell just has so many pro's I would hate to see it have to be nerfed to offset its extremely minor and manageable con.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast