Thread: WARDS

Character
    Wolfie Wu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVedis View Post
    the advantage of being able to puit your retainer somewhere cuz uldah is obviously full of course duh
    whoops my bad i forgot that the purpose of retainers is for them to just sit in wards and look pretty, instead of actually selling things
    (0)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    whoops my bad i forgot that the purpose of retainers is for them to just sit in wards and look pretty, instead of actually selling things
    better chance of selling something in grid or LL then if they were not even placed anywhere at all

Character
    Wolfie Wu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    better chance of selling something in grid or LL then if they were not even placed anywhere at all
    Better chance setting up your own bazaar on your character in Ul'dah, or shouting. The only people who use the MW in Limsa and Gridania are people who just started the game.

Or better yet, do what I did. Be among the first to log in after maintenance, set up a random worthless item for max price on both retainers, and then you have a secured 18 slots in the MW until the next maintenance.
    (0)

Player

Better chance setting up your own bazaar on your character in Ul'dah, or shouting. The only people who use the MW in Limsa and Gridania are people who just started the game.

Or better yet, do what I did. Be among the first to log in after maintenance, set up a random worthless item for max price on both retainers, and then you have a secured 18 slots in the MW until the next maintenance.
    Yeah guys, all you have to do is go back in time and set up your retainers after last maintenance. Simple, really.
    (0)

Character
    Wolfie Wu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbygunz View Post
    Yeah guys, all you have to do is go back in time and set up your retainers after last maintenance. Simple, really.
    I'm sorry the market ward system is total s**t. I've been telling people about it since the beta forums. No amount of "improvement" will fix it and it needs to be scrapped as a whole. I called out the problems it had with scalability like a year ago.

The only way you can sell things now after server mergers is to be among the first people to sign in after maintenance and 'reserve' your spots in the wards. If you don't do this, you don't get to sell items.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Xeonerable Fenrir
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90
    I was fine with the market wards and retainers ..... until they can get completely full.
    I wasn't one of the people that wanted an auction house right from the start but..... heck I kinda want one now. lol

I think they should get rid of the wards sections entirely but keep retainers. You can call them and place stuff into their bazaar and just put them in "selling mode" and they will be put into an imaginary ward zone that doesn't require actual placement of the retainers themselves so hopefully they won't be any of this "zone full" issue.
    (1)

Character
    Wolfie Wu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    As long as they need to be rendered on screen and exist somewhere in the game world for other players to see, they will need zones. That is why they're s**t and why they should have been among the first things to be scrapped.
    (0)

Player

I dont agree Wolfie, personaly, I would like to see it where a new ward opens such as Tardecraft 1 Tradecraft 2 etc etc each time 1 of them fills

Character
    Wolfie Wu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    I dont agree Wolfie, personaly, I would like to see it where a new ward opens such as Tardecraft 1 Tradecraft 2 etc etc each time 1 of them fills
    Do you have any idea how resource expensive that is for the little benefit it provides?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Matutine Ourania
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 56

It's that kind of pig headed stubborness that keeps everyone in Uldah in the first place. Will people get over it, and slowly move to Grid and LL? Maybe... I've seen Grid grow a little and even found items I've needed there.

If you WANT to set up your retainer, you can go there. Your chances of selling stuff goes up at the very laest 1% than the 0% chance you have of selling anything on a retainer not being put out. OH! AND~ you can continue to set up your own bazaar and shout! Imagine that?

On to the idea of auction houses...I didn't play XI long enough to use it much. But wasn't there some kind of problem with auction houses? I'm seriously asking, not cutting down the idea.
    (0)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast