Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Athalia Hartfell
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 85

New subscription price planning - Standard vs Entry. Am I missing something?

First off, let me thank Square again for their humble generosity for all of the loyalty awards that will be given to us for 2.0. That was a really nice gesture on their part. However after going over the new price planning something is bothering me.

In the new price planning it is mentioned that:

Entry - 1 Max Character per World - 8 Max Total Characters
    Standard - 8 Max Characters per World - 40 Max Total Characters

*No information given regarding retainer pricing*

Now my problem lye's here. Are they giving Standard subscribers 39 characters for free for that extra 3 dollars, or the ability to HOLD (hence the word "max") 39 extra characters on their account meaning they would have to pay for additional characters. I really don't understand why they would allow this considering you only really need one character for this game since you can do pretty much everything on it with no restrictions. A majority of the players who will create extra characters will be for inventory space and or AH/wards selling.

There would be no purpose for buying extra retainers since you could create a new character (for free?) and have inventory space/retainer space available to you.

I also believe that this will be an open invitation for RMT abuse if it goes down this route. So I would like some clarity as to what this information actually means.
    (2)
    Last edited by Zezlar; 04-21-2012 at 02:11 AM.

Player

No, I think you have to pay for them, just a difference in number of char. that you can have.
    (0)

Character
    Wolfie Wu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Entry level plan lets you create 8 characters total, and there is a max of one per world. Extra characters do not cost extra.

Standard plan lets you create 40 characters total, and there is a max of 8 per world. Extra characters do not cost extra.

Creating a new account requires you to get either an entry level or standard plan for it; there are no free characters or retainers given this way. You can't even buy extra retainers now, if I remember right. RMT will not have it any easier this way than they do now, because the accounts can only be logged in once at any time, so having one character or 40 characters makes no difference; they are still only able to farm with one at a time.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Rui Oran
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 76
    This is a great idea, as silly and useless as it may be. I don't really see a reason for more than one character. But I guess I can make 39 cute and frilly catgirls/highlander females/lalafemales.

That's coo'.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jinko Jinko
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    Hmm yea giving RMT a legacy account would be a complete fail, they need to sort the RMT situation out before 2.0 hits.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Athalia Hartfell
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 85
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    Entry level plan lets you create 8 characters total, and there is a max of one per world. Extra characters do not cost extra.

Standard plan lets you create 40 characters total, and there is a max of 8 per world. Extra characters do not cost extra.

Creating a new account requires you to get either an entry level or standard plan for it; there are no free characters or retainers given this way. You can't even buy extra retainers now, if I remember right. RMT will not have it any easier this way than they do now, because the accounts can only be logged in once at any time, so having one character or 40 characters makes no difference; they are still only able to farm with one at a time.
    It could allow for possible market manipulation as they could still trade between characters (delivery service is coming).
    (0)

Character
    Wolfie Wu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Zezlar View Post
    It could allow for possible market manipulation as they could still trade between characters (delivery service is coming).
    Market manipulation in what way? Give me a concrete example; they can trade between characters now.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Athalia Hartfell
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 85
    Market manipulation in what way? Give me a concrete example; they can trade between characters now.
    For example:

Monopolizing materials for crafting (only has the ability to sell his wares in 10 slots). So they distribute the remaining items to their other characters (which also have 10 slots available). RMT can be a lot more aggressive than you or I for example since Gil is Gil, and their ultimate plan is to sell it. Either way they can afford to sell items for dirt cheap which will in turn make players follow this path in order to be competitive. Everything will crash since there will be a number of RMT that can do it for longer than we can.

Of course this is just one scenario, and i'm really hoping i'm just being a worrywart here because I for one like many others really want to enjoy 2.0.
    (0)
    Last edited by Zezlar; 04-21-2012 at 02:27 AM.

Player
    Character
    Rizon Cerberus
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 81
    Quote Originally Posted by Zezlar View Post
    For example:

Monopolizing materials for crafting (only has the ability to sell his wares in 10 slots). So they distribute the remaining items to their other characters (which also have 10 slots available). RMT can be a lot more aggressive than you or I for example since Gil is Gil, and their ultimate plan is to sell it. Either way they can afford to sell items for dirt cheap which will in turn make players follow this path in order to be competitive. Everything will crash since there will be a number of RMT that can do it for longer than we can.

Of course this is just one scenario, and i'm really hoping i'm just being a worrywart here because I for one like many others really want to enjoy 2.0.

No matter how they worked it RMTs will always be a challange. I am sure they have taken this into consideration. Just remains to be seen how they will handle it.
    (1)

Player

Pretty sure you are going to have to pay for each additional characters.
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast