Player
    Character
    State Alchemist
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 55
    Quote Originally Posted by Estellios View Post
    FYI, Enfeebling Magic Potency doesn't do anything for sleep, it's only based on Magic Accuracy. That said, Enfeebling magic potency materia will be useful for landing secondary effects from WS's Spells. A MNK or DRG with reliable Stuns on bosses or a BRD/BLM with more reliable Binds could be really useful.
    how do you know? it could very well effect duration. of course there isnt enough gear in the game to test that yet reliably
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Syntax Lies
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Leatherworker Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by StateAlchemist View Post
    Sacrifice some? Your trading more weaponskills for SLIGHTLY less attack power/STR/DEX/or HP... and it's (ONE) slot. YOu make it sound like you have to give up two/three/four slots or something. I would much rather have Store TP/Acc on hands then AP/STR/DEX. At least given the current available gear/materia.
    thats why theres a variety, i respect your choice. If it was on a belt i might use.

I think Store TP looks to be the most useful of the bunch.

Safe to say that this new materia will be dropped only from the U/U items? I guess we have our 'rare materia' now
    being that materia currently drops per slot and not per item i wouldn't say that's safe to say. It doesn't hurt to assume though although you may be disappointed later.

That being said i look forward to selling tp materia for ridiculously over inflated prices.

AND to SE: if your gonna keep making new materia can we scale back some of the old. Combine the resist materias so they resist 2 or 3 things, and scale back the stat quantitys so theres only hq and nq.
    (0)
    Last edited by syntaxlies; 04-12-2012 at 01:37 AM.

Player
    Character
    Yoso Carrasco
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 74
    Quote Originally Posted by StateAlchemist View Post
    how do you know? it could very well effect duration. of course there isnt enough gear in the game to test that yet reliably
    Devs said it a long time ago (I believe around class reforms) about what exactly "Enfeebling Magic" does and they replied it was only for those secondary effects. Someone had asked if that meant that Dark Seal was useless for sleep and they said that it works on Sleep because its effect is only based on Magic Accuracy.

You can also see it with how the spells work in game. You can cast Aero on something, the damage (the primary effect - Effected by Magic Accuracy) can get resisted but the DoT (the secondary effect- the one effected by Enfeebling Magic) will still land. Or you can get the Damage unresisted and the DoT won't land. Dark Seal Aero's don't have a higher accuracy on the DoT landing, too.

I did go out and test Sleep one night for a few hours when I saw that info - to see if this was all correct and to see if maybe Sleep was affected by water magic potency and my Wand of Tides was still worth keeping - and no matter the level of enemy or how much +PIE gear I wore/took off, Sleep always lasts for 1 minute and didn't have any noticeable accuracy change until I wore +M Accuracy.
    (2)
    Last edited by Estellios; 04-12-2012 at 01:28 AM.

Player
    Character
    State Alchemist
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 55
    maybe 1 minute is the cap and you just didnt test on high enough level mobs.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Yoso Carrasco
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 74
    I tested it deep into strongholds (it was a while back but I think it was 55-56 Amaal'ja), many casts were completely naked and there was no difference at all in duration when it landed, not even a few seconds. That means that either A) The required Enfeebling Skill for capping sleep on most Sleepable enemies is so low that you don't need Enfeebling gear anyway or B) Enfeebling doesn't do anything at all for Sleep.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kiara Silvermoon
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Holyomen View Post
    Going to take a guess and say Ifrit weapons make Crit Potency & HP materia and Moogle weapons make accuracy store tp materia.

And it better be 100% conversion to tier IV materia for that kind of a sacrifice.

Oh yeah, could we get some decent materia for head slot?
    Melee have brains too you know.
    Agreed Holy.

I hope the one "silver lining" that SE hasn't told us (to keep it a pleasant surprise?) is that Converting the U/U Gear (or at least Primal Weapons) would result in a higher chance (or always) for Tier IV Materia (and better types at that).

That'd provide some good incentive for getting repeat U/U Gear again.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nok Nokinator
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 50
    O M G!! evenflow is that for real? store TP. I think I need to change my star-spangled subligar.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Syntax Lies
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Leatherworker Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    I don't even know where to begin with all the stupid things said in this post. That being said, I won't.
    actually id have to agree with most of what treach said, the new materia might sound good but i don't think most of them will be BiS.
    (1)

Player

inb4 crit formula is re-worked and all this crit rate materia/gear is BIS
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Colino Nyea
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    I don't even know where to begin with all the stupid things said in this post. That being said, I won't.
    Some of his points are a tad exaggerated, but true nontheless. I'm glad they're fixing the enmity materias but that doesn't change the fact that there are some really lackluster ones.
    (1)

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast