(0)

Player
    Character
    Sol Rynn
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    The enhancing magic materia is interesting, though the potency worries me. As it is now, once you reach 438 enhancing magic, it's not worth stacking any more because regen caps with AF boots at that level. Right now with dark light breeches and gloves I have 422 enhancing, and I'm not using a VIT ring. That means it'd only take 16 enhancing magic for me to hit 438. If enhancing materia follows the same pattern as Healing Magic potency, the minimum value tier IV will be 16. This means double slotting enhancing might make certain darklight pieces not nearly as useful since it'll be really easy to hit that regen cap.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Airget Lamh
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 90
    When it comes to "materia' I like how it's done in megaten online. Since the concepts do seem similar to an extent right down to the chance of it breaking for a crit fail, but in SE's sense it'll always break on a fail.

http://wiki.aeriagames.com/megaten/i...tion_Materials

Basically when you craft an item and crit craft it you have a chance of gainging 1-5 slots in which you could attach mods to it. Slot 1 was designated for magic dmg, close range, long range, or support aka healing/enhancement potency increase. You basically used mod items in order to enhance the item but you had to do it in stages from 1-10, there were "item shop" items you could use that had an increased success rate but every upgrade to the 10th lv could be found within the game, they just had a lower success rate.

But for example, rather then the current game structure where the idea of attaching 5 materia is hard, why not change it around a bit. For example Gladiator's Arm can have Touch of Rage, Battle Dance, Heaven's Eye, MND/DEX/STR/VIT. That's 7 type of materia. Enmity/Parry/Accuracy/MND/DEX/STR/VIT
    When it comes to the materia slots the Gladiator Arm could look like this
    Slot 1=Attributes STR/DEX/VIT/MND
    Slot 2=Same as 1
    Slot 3=Acc/Parry
    Slot 4=Acc/Parry/Enmity
    Slot 5=Any of the above

When attaching materia rather then the first one always being 100% the success rate would work as followed
    Grade 1=100%-100-100-100-100
    Grade 2=90%-85-80-75-70
    Grade 3=75%70-65-60-55
    Grade 4=50%-40-30-20-10

Basically a person could put all Grade 1 materia on a weapon with a 100% success rate. But you have to put a grade 1 on said slot in order to add the grade 2. This is where more risk is involved in creating materia, it would increase the market of materia by making it more dynamic but rather then lose the piece when it breaks you instead have a chance of destroying the slot when you fail a synth. If you don't lose the slot you don't lose the materia that's alrdy melded in it and can try again but if you lose the slot then you still have 4 other slots to work with til you lose them all.

With that in mind though I would have it changed where all Grade 1-3 materia have a single variable and just leave grade 4 with the varied variable for that extra added "uberness" for the person willing to have a weapon with 5 grade 4's on it.

The other addition would be the amount of slots a weapon can have would be based on it's lv, so 1-10 would be 1 slot, 11-20 2, 21-30 3, 31-40 4, 41+ 5.

Now let's take a look at a random crafted Gladiator weapon.

Aeolian Scimitar: DMG 89, Delay 2.6, 3 grade 1 dex, 1 enmity, 1 acc.
    So at curren max of each Grade 1 materia 15 DEX, 8 ACC, 10 enmity.

Now let's compare it to Ifrit's blade.DMG 102 Delay 2.7 Fire Resistance : +15, Attack Power : +30

I think the blade would still beat out the Scimitar at all Grade 1 slots

Grade 2, DEX 30, ACC 12, Enmity 15. Think that puts it on par with Ifrit's but you still need to obtain the grade 1 of all the above, then the grade 2 then get past the success rate.
    -----------

Anyway, I just think that materia melding could be reformed in a better way, right now it's just used to obtain the achievment of being lucky by buying the lowest grade and adding it to the highest lv equipment since that gives the best success rate for obtaining said achievement, but even after that people will rarely attempt melding since the process is just way to luck based. There are a lot of variables that people just don't want to mess with it since it's much easier to seek out an alrdy well made item through boss fights/dungeons.

I do think the above could light a fire under the market of materia melding though, if players have to work from grade 1-4 crafters will produce equipment for all lvs, low levels will be able to meld their gear into materia and have it be used to make a decent weapon rather then aim at an achievement and people will complain less about not being able to find gear of their level in the market lol.

I would like to see materia be used more often but of course things like resist get pushed aside because it's way to situational, people don't want to carry around a lot of situational gear, they want to carry gear that is the most effective without encumbering their inventory load. If people have the freedom to at least slot up to 5 grade 1 materia with no risk then they could at least have more fun playing around with creating gear that gives them a slight edge or resistance to things rather then thinking I need more power I need more attributes, HP/MP... Bind resist.. /toss.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Darkstar Poet
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 60
    i just wish they'd increase the manathirst materias lol. to me it needs to be closer to the stats bloodthirst has since mages have as much mp as mele's do hp.
    (4)

http://crystalknights.guildwork.com/

Player
    Character
    Molly Millions
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by darkstarpoet1 View Post
    i just wish they'd increase the manathirst materias lol. to me it needs to be closer to the stats bloodthirst has since mages have as much mp as mele's do hp.
    agreed, MP materia is pretty useless as is
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Aria Cross
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    I spent millions to double meld a Serenity IV belt and now they increase it by double fold?! This ticks me off so much! I know they did not take into account the gear we have already worked hard to meld, as if they are that nice.
    (0)
    Life before death, Strength before weakness, Journey before destination. - The Way of Kings

Player
    Character
    Molly Millions
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Veridian View Post
    I spent millions to double meld a Serenity IV belt and now they increase it by double fold?! This ticks me off so much! I know they did not take into account the gear we have already worked hard to meld, as if they are that nice.
    don't worry about your current melded gear. If you notice how materia works you can see that a triple melded piece, for example, is actually 3 items; your piece of gear plus whatever materia you added to it. So when they do this update they will update the stats on all materia in the game. So when the pieces of materia that are attached to your piece of gear get updated, the stats on the gear will be updated too.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Darkstar Poet
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Veridian View Post
    on the lodestone post it states the materia in game will be adjusted to match the stat adjustments. your -8 serenity is likely to be like -22 afterwards or something like that.
    (0)

http://crystalknights.guildwork.com/

Player
    Character
    Rise Reborn
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambuter View Post
    Never! I will never materia these damns weapons that took forever to get. Screw you SE lol
    well if you were not so bad at the game wound't of taken that long to get, now would it? <3
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ambuter Taicho
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by RiseAgainst View Post
    well if you were not so bad at the game wound't of taken that long to get, now would it? <3
    Keep trying. Almost there :3
    (0)

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast