World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90
    a couple of additions to materia is not materia reform. D:<

Its still as lame as it is!
    (5)

Player

I was expecting something interesting and well-thought out when I saw the title of the news and was actually pretty excited... until I read it.

I guess I don't have the same concept of a "reform" as they do.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Mijin Gakure
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    The only useless ones I actually see are Block Rate(Though for a PLD, the only other thing that you'd put on hands is HP or Dex), Enfeb Magic Pot(I guess if you want to make a sleep set), and maybe crit rate(Haven't really noticed much of a return with Explorer's Moccasins).

However Crit Attacks can give a 60% damage increase so I gladly welcome the belt materia. Store TP/Acc sounds great for warriors. Then I think Healing Magic Pot is overdoing it to a point, I'd probably take enhancement magic pot on head instead. Finally, the enm-/+ materia change is great, now my monk wont feel as pressured to wait for collusion in morbol, especially if I decide to use the crit atk power belt instead.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    State Alchemist
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 55
    Quote Originally Posted by syntaxlies View Post
    the cool-downs are still there and you have to sacrifice some of your best materia slots for it. You don't want to over use your enfeebles cause the mobs start to resit them.
    Sacrifice some? Your trading more weaponskills for SLIGHTLY less attack power/STR/DEX/or HP... and it's (ONE) slot. YOu make it sound like you have to give up two/three/four slots or something. I would much rather have Store TP/Acc on hands then AP/STR/DEX. At least given the current available gear/materia.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Siorai Aduaidh
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    I think Store TP looks to be the most useful of the bunch.

Safe to say that this new materia will be dropped only from the U/U items? I guess we have our 'rare materia' now
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Colino Nyea
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Shosasosa View Post
    No they don't? the double stat materias are broken into mage stats and melee stats. MND INT PIE = mage stats STR DEX VIT = melee stats. the materias are as follows:

MAGE MATERIA COMBOS:
    PIE INT
    PIE MND
    INT MND

MELEE MATERIA COMBOS
    STR VIT
    STR DEX
    VIT DEX

there are no cross stat materia like STR and MND or INT and STR or DEX and PIE
    Yes, but DEX and Pie are both very useful for brd/arc and they can't benefit from those pant materias like the other classes can.

I feel the BRD pants are a bit underwhelming but there's not much to substitute them with afaik. Unless we're talking darklight of course.
    (0)

Character
    Shosa Sosa
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Colino View Post
    Yes, but DEX and Pie are both very useful for brd/arc and they can't benefit from those pant materias like the other classes can.

I feel the BRD pants are a bit underwhelming but there's not much to substitute them with afaik. Unless we're talking darklight of course.
    Either can PLD(MND and STR) MNK(INT and STR) or DRG(PIE and STR). the only melee that gets both Melee stats bonuses is WAR(VIT and STR) so just another reason why WAR is "the in job" this patch.

Mages on the other hand can use these well unless you want to buff your enhancing potency for whm with VIT

EDIT Also you can use raptorskin suibligar which gives 4VIT and 5DEX base and put either more dex and VIT on it DEX to increase damage and VIT to enhance defence HP and enhanceing magic (songs are enhancing magic). double meld other shit on it too if thats not enough for you
    (0)
    Last edited by Shosasosa; 04-12-2012 at 12:50 AM.

Player
    Character
    Tezz Xivectro
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    There's a few goodies from this, but overall, very underwhelming "reforms".

If those new materia are just added to current slot chances & not exclusive to the U/U gear, then who cares about SBing moogle/ifrit.
    I would rather they let us exchange them for GC seals or 1-meld them instead.

This is just going to be even more cumbersome to manage inventory just to SB rare U/U armor for a chance at moderately decent materia.

Lastly, SE can you please make moogle nuts the same or LESS than ifrit's totem requirements?

While not said, I just hope this isn't the on-set of the crap FF11 is going through with the dev's using "Balance" excuses as a means of justification. Don't start that crap here, please.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ajax Sol
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Being able to meld and convert Unique and Untradeable gear would just further diminishes the importance of crafters. The inconsistency between the goals of patches is mind boggling... ( I know that this patch does't allow melding... but I guess some people don't even realize why we have a materia system in the first place....)
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Yoso Carrasco
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 74
    ^^ I don't know about you but I don't exactly have a surplus of dungeon/primal gear lying around (except freaking Spiked Armguards). Primal drops are really rare and Darkhold/toto-rak gear is better used for seal turn-ins. If the materia comes from regular gear too we would still need crafted items.

FYI, Enfeebling Magic Potency doesn't do anything for sleep, it's only based on Magic Accuracy. That said, Enfeebling magic potency materia will be useful for landing secondary effects from WS's and Spells. A MNK or DRG with reliable Stuns on bosses or a BRD/BLM with more reliable Binds could be really useful.
    (0)
    Last edited by Estellios; 04-12-2012 at 01:10 AM.

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast