Player
    Character
    Zafeira Zhalwann
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90

Wait, what?

I was rewatching some cut-scenes in The Unending Journey and noticed that no matter what my character did, my shield didn't clip at all. The shield was pushed away from my body just beyond the reach of the hood, which looked sort of odd, yes, but not as odd as the hood going right through the thing... Why can't this be the way it appears on characters out of cutscenes?

I wonder, can SE make it so that shields and staves are slightly pushed back and tilt upward when wearing the WHM AF?
    (11)
    Last edited by Zyph; 04-11-2012 at 05:58 PM.

Player

I'm wearing a nice floppy wizard hat and my staff just sort of stabs right through it... it's silly looking.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Emily Kamba
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    Oh please Squeenix make this happen!
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Crim Soukyuu
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Hmm... I might be wrong on it, but what if the cutscenes are not using the limited physics effects the game has? I remember some robes clipping when physics are turned ON, but being fine when physics are off.
    (0)

[ AMD Phenom II X4 970BE@4GHz | 12GB DDR3-RAM@CL7 | nVidia GeForce 260GTX OC | Crucial m4 SSD ]

Player
    Character
    Zafeira Zhalwann
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    I've determined it's due to the animators not anticipating shields in the opening cutscene, as no class starts out with a shield. They gave the shield "bone" and arbitrary position.

Though with the shield "bone" being father back, it didn't look that bad, only when you looked at it from the side did it seem odd, still way better than hood clipping.
    (0)