Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Player

So i have been doing CC and AV everyday for the last 2 weeks

i know this is a common complaint in a few threads, so i figured it wont hurt if i make my own :P

I havent seen a single drop of darklight, its getting to the point i would be happy to see a drop even if it wasnt in my loot list lol.

I dont play 12 hours a day and i havent done any speed runs, and it looks to me like alot of speed runs are by "hardcore" players that DO play 12 hours a day, so bassically speed runs are kind of out of the question for me unless i get lucky.

i mostly do normal runs with whoever i can find in my LS, but we do however get wins.

to sum-up, i have been getting 3-4 wins everyday for the last couple of weeks and have nothing to show for it.

i can appreciate the gear should be hard to get.. but i have been putting in the work and have nothing to show for it.

If it is a requirement to play all day everyday to be able to progress in this game then eventually i wont be able to pull myself into logging in.

Devs- is this the future of FFXIV?
    (16)

Player
    Character
    Kuma Akuma
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    I'm finding the Darklight droprates very fishy.

1) When we do "perfect speedruns" Darklight almost never drops at all. When we "fuck up" runs and miss chests, Darklight drops a lot more.

2) For the body: we have been spamming AV for almost two weeks now. Two heavy darklight body pieces dropped back to back. Never anything before that, never anything after that. I heard from another ls they had something simular with corselet.

3) Darklight also seems to drop a lot more (it's still a sucky droprate, just a bit less sucky) when there are less other parties around.

I'm also almost starting to think there is some internal timer on the Darklight gear droprate. Like "If some Darklight item is obtained from a chest, wait xxx amount of time before there is a chance that it can be obtained again for any party looting the chest"

Pure paranoia probably, but still...
    (9)
    (>°°)D_->__(O°°)>-_ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ_C-(°°Q)__O~~_t(°°<)_(;o0)___ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ_ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ_ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ_ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

Player
    Character
    Mikita Nightsong
    World
    Anima
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Darklight is currently the best gear in the game and has definitely given people something to work for. At least they drop into the loot list so we can pass them to people who can use them (unlike primal weapons).

Being luck based is rough, especially when the stars never align for you. But there is something to be said for the joy of finally getting the piece you want. And if the drop rates were higher then pretty soon most people would be running around in full Darklight gear and there would be nothing special about it.

Who knows what the timers are like. But we got the Heavy Darklight Flanchard on our very first Cutter's Cry win, and there were a lot of other parties there at the time. Beginner's luck?
    (8)

Player

i want to be clear-

i can deal with gear taking along time to get, but not if it involves doing the same content over and over.. and over.

something like you need to do 3-4 other areas before you were allowed into the last area.. but at the end of which was an item that had a decent drop rate... it would still take a long time to complete but i wont feel like my brains were turning to mush.

perhaps there should be an item that drops from each of the raid areas (which itself could have a 25%~ drop rate) that allows you to pop an HNM or something along those lines, then they could increase the drop rate of the gear while keeping it elusive- but we wont feel like we are banging our heads on a brick wall.

if im completely honest the fact i have to make posts like this tells me something about where this game is headed...
    (12)
    Last edited by Rogue; 04-11-2012 at 06:08 PM.

Player
    Character
    Mikita Nightsong
    World
    Anima
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
    it would still take a long time to complete but i wont feel like my brains were turning to mush.
    I do understand what you're saying.

But from the very beginning, with things like the fatigue system and leve timers, Square Enix has been trying pretty hard to "balance" the game for people who have varying amounts of time to play.

So a skilled player who can log in 8 hours a week will not be severely disadvantaged against someone who can play 80 hours per week. With rare, luck-based drops the 80 hour player will probably come out ahead in the end, but at least the 8 hour player still has a fairly decent chance.

Right or wrong aside, all along SE has had this approach with FFXIV.
    (4)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Mikita View Post
    Right or wrong aside, all along SE has had this approach with FFXIV.
    but it is wrong!!

it would not be hard to implement drops like i have suggested in the post above because of obvious reasons.. i am not a proffesional game producer and i am the one having to make these suggestions!...

Quote Originally Posted by Mikita View Post
    So a skilled player who can log in 8 hours a week will not be severely disadvantaged against someone who can play 80 hours per week. With rare, luck-based drops the 80 hour player will probably come out ahead in the end, but at least the 8 hour player still has a fairly decent chance.
    hmm my math isnt the best so sorry if im mistaken but wouldnt one person have about 1/10 chance of obtaining the gear of the other- assuming other variances are equal. i dont understand how this can equal out. im really not trying to be rude btw.

and then ask yourself what is a reasonable time frame you can expect to be rewarded.. if it is 200-300 runs of the same content then i have to say this isnt the game for me and hence this thread.
    (1)
    Last edited by Rogue; 04-11-2012 at 07:18 PM.

Player
    Character
    Shayla Asiaine
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 50
    The item is meant to be rare.
    How do you make an item rare: By linking it to some tangible or intangible artifact that has great value.
    What is the only artifact that has great value (or indeed any value): Time

All things can trace their value to time. (Let's put aside how some special people are very elite and can do things that others could never do).

The item therefore must represent its value based on how much time is needed to obtain it (either directly time spent, or indirectly by time spent to collect totems, or time spent to make gil).

In this situation, it is very obvious that it will take time. Perhaps decreasing the psychological impact of how much it takes would be better (Along the way you obtain other riches and wealths but still need to spend the same amount of time to get that specific item).

However, eventually people would catch on and still have the same complaint. The end of the day, it should not be the amount of time that is needed to obtain the item that should be considered, but simply:

Is this an activity (raid) that I have fun doing? If so, do it. If not, go do something else.

The reward you get at the end of the day should be just that... a reward (not payment).
    (13)

Player
    Character
    Leo Hart
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    add another totem/charm nut like item to exchange darklight
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Mikita Nightsong
    World
    Anima
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Asiaine View Post
    Is this an activity (raid) that I have fun doing? If so, do it. If not, go do something else.
    The reward you get at the end of the day should be just that... a reward (not payment).
    +1 Like!

(2)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Asiaine View Post
    yeh.. hows that working out for you SE lol.
    (4)

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast