Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Player

So i have been doing CC and AV everyday for the last 2 weeks

i know this is a common complaint in a few threads, so i figured it wont hurt if i make my own :P

I havent seen a single drop of darklight, its getting to the point i would be happy to see a drop even if it wasnt in my loot list lol.

I dont play 12 hours a day and i havent done any speed runs, and it looks to me like alot of speed runs are by "hardcore" players that DO play 12 hours a day, so bassically speed runs are kind of out of the question for me unless i get lucky.

i mostly do normal runs with whoever i can find in my LS, but we do however get wins.

to sum-up, i have been getting 3-4 wins everyday for the last couple of weeks and have nothing to show for it.

i can appreciate the gear should be hard to get.. but i have been putting in the work and have nothing to show for it.

If it is a requirement to play all day everyday to be able to progress in this game then eventually i wont be able to pull myself into logging in.

Devs- is this the future of FFXIV?
    (16)

Player
    Character
    Kuma Akuma
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    I'm finding the Darklight droprates very fishy.

1) When we do "perfect speedruns" Darklight almost never drops at all. When we "fuck up" runs and miss chests, Darklight drops a lot more.

2) For the body: we have been spamming AV for almost two weeks now. Two heavy darklight body pieces dropped back to back. Never anything before that, never anything after that. I heard from another ls they had something simular with corselet.

3) Darklight also seems to drop a lot more (it's still a sucky droprate, just a bit less sucky) when there are less other parties around.

I'm also almost starting to think there is some internal timer on the Darklight gear droprate. Like "If some Darklight item is obtained from a chest, wait xxx amount of time before there is a chance that it can be obtained again for any party looting the chest"

Pure paranoia probably, but still...
    (9)
    (>°°)D_->__(O°°)>-_ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ_C-(°°Q)__O~~_t(°°<)_(;o0)___ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ_ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ_ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ_ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

Player

i want to be clear-

i can deal with gear taking along time to get, but not if it involves doing the same content over and over.. and over.

something like you need to do 3-4 other areas before you were allowed into the last area.. but at the end of which was an item that had a decent drop rate... it would still take a long time to complete but i wont feel like my brains were turning to mush.

perhaps there should be an item that drops from each of the raid areas (which itself could have a 25%~ drop rate) that allows you to pop an HNM or something along those lines, then they could increase the drop rate of the gear while keeping it elusive- but we wont feel like we are banging our heads on a brick wall.

if im completely honest the fact i have to make posts like this tells me something about where this game is headed...
    (12)
    Last edited by Rogue; 04-11-2012 at 06:08 PM.

Player
    Character
    Mikita Nightsong
    World
    Anima
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
    it would still take a long time to complete but i wont feel like my brains were turning to mush.
    I do understand what you're saying.

But from the very beginning, with things like the fatigue system and leve timers, Square Enix has been trying pretty hard to "balance" the game for people who have varying amounts of time to play.

So a skilled player who can log in 8 hours a week will not be severely disadvantaged against someone who can play 80 hours per week. With rare, luck-based drops the 80 hour player will probably come out ahead in the end, but at least the 8 hour player still has a fairly decent chance.

Right or wrong aside, all along SE has had this approach with FFXIV.
    (4)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Mikita View Post
    Right or wrong aside, all along SE has had this approach with FFXIV.
    but it is wrong!!

it would not be hard to implement drops like i have suggested in the post above because of obvious reasons.. i am not a proffesional game producer and i am the one having to make these suggestions!...

So a skilled player who can log in 8 hours a week will not be severely disadvantaged against someone who can play 80 hours per week. With rare, luck-based drops the 80 hour player will probably come out ahead in the end, but at least the 8 hour player still has a fairly decent chance.
    hmm my math isnt the best so sorry if im mistaken but wouldnt one person have about 1/10 chance of obtaining the gear of the other- assuming other variances are equal. i dont understand how this can equal out. im really not trying to be rude btw.

and then ask yourself what is a reasonable time frame you can expect to be rewarded.. if it is 200-300 runs of the same content then i have to say this isnt the game for me and hence this thread.
    (1)
    Last edited by Rogue; 04-11-2012 at 07:18 PM.

Player
    Character
    Mikita Nightsong
    World
    Anima
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Darklight is currently the best gear in the game and has definitely given people something to work for. At least they drop into the loot list so we can pass them to people who can use them (unlike primal weapons).

Being luck based is rough, especially when the stars never align for you. But there is something to be said for the joy of finally getting the piece you want. And if the drop rates were higher then pretty soon most people would be running around in full Darklight gear and there would be nothing special about it.

Who knows what the timers are like. But we got the Heavy Darklight Flanchard on our very first Cutter's Cry win, and there were a lot of other parties there at the time. Beginner's luck?
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Hikozaemon Kenkonken
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Darklight is currently the best gear in the game and has definitely given people something to work for. At least they drop into the loot list so we can pass them to people who can use them (unlike primal weapons).

Being luck based is rough, especially when the stars never align for you. But there is something to be said for the joy of finally getting the piece you want. And if the drop rates were higher then pretty soon most people would be running around in full Darklight gear and there would be nothing special about it.

Who knows what the timers are like. But we got the Heavy Darklight Flanchard on our very first Cutter's Cry win, and there were a lot of other parties there at the time. Beginner's luck?
    All darklight gear is not the best in the game in fact many pieces are complete ass and i wouldnt wear them even if i could gear swap. the Entire mage set is junk no self respecting whm or blm would dare wear that crap over the better easier to obtain double/tripple melds or even af pieces tbh. And no sane person would think its cool and enjoyable to do dozens of runs and get no drop what so ever. The 20 people on this forum that like to play ff14 18hours a day and live off there parents need to get a real job and real life and realize its not fun to play a time sink its fun to play a game thats rewarding and "FUN!" At least the combat system is finally fixed now the instance/gear development departments need to get there heads outa there asses.

BTW.... im up to liek 20 ifrits canes about a dozen bows/lances a few fists still no Ifrits axe 100s of kills later awesome droprates! great system!
    (1)
    Last edited by Hikozaemon; 04-12-2012 at 03:25 PM.

Player
    Character
    Mikita Nightsong
    World
    Anima
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Hikozaemon View Post
    All darklight gear is not the best in the game in fact many pieces are complete ass and i wouldnt wear them even if i could gear swap. the Entire mage set is junk no self respecting whm or blm would dare wear that crap over the better easier to obtain double/tripple melds or even af pieces tbh.
    Okay. I was talking more about dropped items than multiple meld materia... which by the way is also still largely luck based with pretty poor odds.

The Darklight Gloves are not bad for mages. Too bad they look so out of place on a White Mage.

And no sane person would think its cool and enjoyable to do dozens of runs and get no drop what so ever.
    There are actually plenty of drops for clearing and even some drops along the way. People who want Darklight gear are just going for a very specific, very rare set of equipment.

Sure it's frustrating to do it so many times and not get what you want.

But no one is forcing you to do it.

Do it if you think it's fun and/or worthwhile. Otherwise stop.
    (0)

Player

But no one is forcing you to do it.

Do it if you think it's fun and/or worthwhile. Otherwise stop.
    this is a little short sighted, do you think it is reasonable to lose subs because your game is boring?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Mikita Nightsong
    World
    Anima
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
    this is a little short sighted, do you think it is reasonable to lose subs because your game is boring?
    Sure. That's the way the free market works.

You have the right to vote with your wallet.
    If you think this game is boring then you don't have to pay to play.

I also think the drop rate on a lot of these items is abysmally low. I would like to have some of the Darklight items also. But I understand that they are exceptionally rare and there is luck involved in getting them, so I don't expect that I should be rewarded after fighting through CC or AV any set number of times.

To reiterate what Asiaine said:
    "Is this an activity (raid) that I have fun doing? If so, do it. If not, go do something else.
    The reward you get at the end of the day should be just that... a reward (not payment)."
    (0)

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast