Player
    Character
    Raikki Zero
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by cannonball View Post
    well as for my LS we run AV/CC almost every nite, 4-6 clears a nite, most are speedrun.. we have been doing this since the launch of the patch.. we have 4 DL items.. I did notice that in the beginning the rate seemed alot higher than it currently is, we got lucky one nite and got 2 pieces from one run in CC, right befor the last maintenance.. in the 2 weeks following , we have gotten zero drops.. I dunno, but I think they reduced the rate during that last maintenance. As it stands now.. with like 0/50 runs.. it messed up. We have put in the hours and worked hard developing a strategy to do speedrun, and have very very little to show for it. I think if we can achieve a 5 chest speed run our rate should increase by the amount of chest popped.. reasoning is the better you are the better the reward. SP5C is not very easy, and the rewards for such feats should show that.
    It's exactly this kind of stuff that is going to turn good players away from this game permanently if SE doesn't realize their error and do something about it. People can argue about whether it was challenging enough, but that's not even the point anymore. The fact is they decided what they thought was a proper challenge and we beat it. If they wanted their content to last a long time they should've thought about that in the design phase rather than taking the laziest possible way out by holding the rewards hostage behind a random number generator. We're not asking for handouts. We're not asking to gear out in 2 weeks. We're asking for content that we can complete before we're sick to death of it and sick of the game as a result. The idea of operating the game in its current state while they work on 2.0 should not be to turn existing players off to the point they lose hope in 2.0.
    (3)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Raikki View Post
    It's exactly this kind of stuff that is going to turn good players away from this game permanently if SE doesn't realize their error and do something about it. People can argue about whether it was challenging enough, but that's not even the point anymore. The fact is they decided what they thought was a proper challenge and we beat it. If they wanted their content to last a long time they should've thought about that in the design phase rather than taking the laziest possible way out by holding the rewards hostage behind a random number generator. We're not asking for handouts. We're not asking to gear out in 2 weeks. We're asking for content that we can complete before we're sick to death of it and sick of the game as a result. The idea of operating the game in its current state while they work on 2.0 should not be to turn existing players off to the point they lose hope in 2.0.
    I hate the low drop rate just as much as the next person. I think these arguments would be valid if this were 2.0. However we all know that the main focus of the entire XIV staff right now is on 2.0. So until then we are going to be getting the "bare minimum" when it comes to content and they probably can't exactly spare the time to come up with these masterful raids that everyone (including myself!) wants if they want to keep 2.0 on schedule (which they have to).

So this is just how it is right now. Yeah it sucks fighting against RNG and low drop rate is a lame carrot to use but I think it's important to keep in mind why and not to get your expectations up too high on anything pre 2.0.
    (0)
    ~ Paradise Oblivion
    ~ http://po.clancentral.us

Player
    Character
    Chardut Mazzma
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 90
    If you're doing runs consistently then there isn't any challenge left anymore, it's just a matter of getting the drops. Personally, I still find that improving myself through crafting or leveling up classes is a better form of progression than a few pieces of gear, so I'm focused on that and not joining the masochism drive.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Boye Fran
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    The drop rates have to be low if you don't have anything end gamey coming down the pipe line that seems to drop gear sets for a while.

If the drop rates were more common you guys would have nothing to do in pursuit of gear and CC and AV would quickly become obsolete. Looking at what is planned and when, low drop rates make sense. What you have next patch is Garuda, Hamlet Defense, AF weapons, and Empire Battle Content. Sounds great, but is it going to bring additional and greater gear sets?
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Raikki Zero
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by BruceyBruceyBangBang View Post
    The drop rates have to be low if you don't have anything end gamey coming down the pipe line that seems to drop gear sets for a while.

If the drop rates were more common you guys would have nothing to do in pursuit of gear and CC and AV would quickly become obsolete. Looking at what is planned and when, low drop rates make sense. What you have next patch is Garuda, Hamlet Defense, AF weapons, and Empire Battle Content. Sounds great, but is it going to bring additional and greater gear sets?
    What's so hard to grasp about the concept of limiting the rate at which you can farm clears in exchange for higher drop rates? It keeps loot coming out at the pace SE wants it to while saving a whole lot of burnout. They could also remove the randomness that creates "lucky" unskilled players with more loot than "unlucky" skilled players by using a points system. There are lots of different ways to make content last a long time that are a lot better than what we got. I don't know why some people can't see that this isn't an issue of how FAST people want to gear up but rather how unfun it is to grind out farm clears for absolutely nothing. Gathering people together to spend all evening grinding out the same content over and over again only to end late at night with nobody having made any progress in any way shape or form gets old fast.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Vynce Walker
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue View Post

If it is a requirement to play all day everyday to be able to progress in this game then eventually i wont be able to pull myself into logging in.

Devs- is this the future of FFXIV?
    1. Farming AV non-stop does not improve your chances of getting said item. It is random probability, and as such, the length of time you spend going for said item will have no effect on your success. Drop rates are not balanced for the individual player, but for the entire playerbase. So out of 100 runs from the whole server, 3 will result in drops. You running it 500 times does not increase your chances, technically speaking. It *might* increase your chances, but then again it might increase someone else's chances. This isn't a console game, drop rates aren't individual rates, but server rates. Keep this in mind.

2. You can meld a set equal or superior to darklight. Seriously. Course that will take just as long.

3. To reiterate, you do not have to waste all your time doing AV. That will not improve your chances of a drop if there are a lot of other ppl doing it too. Now if you're the only ppl in the server doing AV for a prolonged period of time, your chances will increase. But as this is a highly unlikely scenario, running it nonstop is just a waste of time. No need to rush, just do it when you feel like it.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Boye Fran
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Raikki View Post
    What's so hard to grasp about the concept of limiting the rate at which you can farm clears in exchange for higher drop rates? It keeps loot coming out at the pace SE wants it to while saving a whole lot of burnout. They could also remove the randomness that creates "lucky" unskilled players with more loot than "unlucky" skilled players by using a points system. There are lots of different ways to make content last a long time that are a lot better than what we got. I don't know why some people can't see that this isn't an issue of how FAST people want to gear up but rather how unfun it is to grind out farm clears for absolutely nothing. Gathering people together to spend all evening grinding out the same content over and over again only to end late at night with nobody having made any progress in any way shape or form gets old fast.

That model would not work pre 2.0 though, which is entirely my point. There is no need to create a dungeon model like this when it's going to be scrapped in it's new version. Which is what I've gathered from it.

A 24 hour or 12 hour cooldown for a dungeon sounds like a better concept for a game that is creating content that will not be scrapped in the future.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Reinheart Valentine
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 86
    Like from other thread, I don't mind the drop rate it's supposed to be rare so I'm cool with that. Problem I have is the TA box is the one for the body, to get TA you need specific setup to do the run.

Make the bosses harder and more challenging but get rid of the damn TA box OR add another condition to that same box so others also can try to get that chest for a chance while keeping the chance/rate of dark light as is. Putting TA as a chest condition just limits some of the players who's trying to enjoy the game with their class/job they want to play. Just like old FFXI when people loved DRG job but in most situations DRG wasn't wanted.

Of course the best setup would work best but there are those players who want to play their class/role at fullest and not be left out. Say for CC I go to the raids with BLM or WHM myself but personally would love to try them as DRG or MNK the class/job I want to play - it's sure possible but most groups will go after the TA and do WAR, WHM, BLM, BRD setup.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Nuinn Nomi
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 64
    FF XIV needs a grindable endgame with low drop rates that will keep people paying the monthly subscription based on the feeling that they might get lucky with drops. That's all there is to it.

You can always cancel your subscription when you experience all the new content in each patch. Your needing for the darklight pieces is what they're counting on though. So yeah, it's working well enough for them.

Don't expect drastic changes till 2.0 and "proper" endgame. Requirements might get lowered with each patch but, hey, there'll be a new carrot on the stick.
    (0)
    Proud member of the Abyss FC — Excalibur

If you need a place to chat about all sorts of ridiculous, dorky and nonsensical topics, feel free to join the Absolutely Fabulous LS
    Send a /tell and bring your happy pills~!

Player
    Character
    Kuma Akuma
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    But we won't be done in time like this before they bring out Garuda ;_;
    (3)
    (>°°)D_->__(O°°)>-_ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ_C-(°°Q)__O~~_t(°°<)_(;o0)___ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ_ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ_ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ_ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast