Player
    Character
    Firon Veleth
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50

Light, Medium, Heavy Armor.

This is something that has bothered me for a while. I would like to know why Heavy armor users have the better armor choice. Defense wise Heavy armor is the best, and since they took off magic def from armor, light and medium armor is worst in comparison stat wise.

I feel that Heavy armor should have next to no elemental resistance on it, and medium armor should have a decent amount elemental resistances on it and, Light armor should boost high elemental resistance on it.

I think its pretty dumb that In lets say Ifrit fight everyone takes the same damage from eruption damn near cause of how everyone elemental resistance is the same. Also heavy armor user have more overall durability cause the way this resist works right now.

For example they should tweak the armors like this:

All heavy armor: +2 to all Elements = 10 to all Elements if equipped with all heavy armor.

All medium armor: +7 to all Elements = +35 to all Elements if equipped with all medium armor.

All light armor + 15 to all Elements = + 75 to all Elements if equipped with all light armor. (totals don't include waist slot.)

Tldr: Heavy armor is better than all other armor defense wise cause elemental resist is not present on 99% of the armor.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Tezz Xivectro
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    I think they should just get rid of armor so we can all be nekkid!
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Jinko Jinko
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    Agree but the elemental resistance we all have currently is based on base stats (which is sky high and retarded).

Add to the fact that very little gear actually has elemental resistance.

If I was SE I would remove the majority of resistance from base stats and add it to situational pieces of gear, they could add fire resistance gear to DH/Zahar'ak so players could farm fire gear for Ifrit and Moogle.

Later adding Wind resistance gear to Natalan or a different dungeon for use with Garuda, this way player would need to gear up prior to defeating a Primal.

Alternatively craftable gear could have resistance materia melded to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tezz_Xivectro View Post
    I think they should just get rid of armor so we can all be nekkid!
    Funny because as some videos prove its not necessary.
    (2)
    Last edited by Jinko; 03-06-2012 at 10:20 PM.

Player
    Character
    Firon Veleth
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinko View Post
    Agree but the elemental resistance we all have currently is based on base stats (which is sky high and retarded).

Add to the fact that very little gear actually has elemental resistance.

If I was SE I would remove the majority of resistance from base stats and add it to situational pieces of gear, they could add fire resistance gear to DH/Zahar'ak so players could farm fire gear for Ifrit and Moogle.

Later adding Wind resistance gear to Natalan or a different dungeon for use with Garuda, this way player would need to gear up prior to defeating a Primal.

Alternatively craftable gear could have resistance materia melded to it.

Funny because as some videos prove its not necessary.
    I think magic hits hard enough even with the base stats this high. i simply made this thread cause Heavy simple trumps all other armor defense wise and that's stupid.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jinko Jinko
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Firon View Post
    I think magic hits hard enough even with the base stats this high. i simply made this thread cause Heavy simple trumps all other armor defense wise and that's stupid.
    It doesn't hit hard at all IMO, naked Ifrit runs for example.

If you go in naked to Ifrit one of his elemental skills should one shot you, sadly it doesn't because of broken base stats, I won't turn this into a "base stats are too high" discussion though lol.

My post wasn't really about that anyway, it was more about adding gear to previous dungeons/strongholds so that players had a reason to go there to gear up.
    (0)
    Last edited by Jinko; 03-06-2012 at 10:37 PM.

Player
    Character
    Nyris Reach
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    I agree...
    Removing magic defense... I didn't care for the change... but I'm a team player... I get it
    But you're so right... if Elemental resistence is the new magic defense... then it needs to be on the gear

I don't know what they were thinking
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Firon Veleth
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Can we have elemental resistance on armor again please?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lynn Nuvestrahl
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    Well... of course heavy armor has better defensive stats. Come on now, you expect a raincoat to be on par with a fullplate mail defence wise? Tank classes are supposed to have the better defensive armor, imho. Other classes are just looking for the stat+ and modifiers on things.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Firon Veleth
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitfox View Post
    Well... of course heavy armor has better defensive stats. Come on now, you expect a raincoat to be on par with a fullplate mail defence wise? Tank classes are supposed to have the better defensive armor, imho. Other classes are just looking for the stat+ and modifiers on things.
    Did you not read... Light medium and heavy armor should have have its advantages. Right now heavy armor is simply better than rest and others have no real advantages over heavy. Light armor should offer more magic def than the rest to compensate for the low def stats and medium armor should be a balance between the both.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Crim Soukyuu
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    I agree with the OP, heavy armor should have low ele res to offset the high phys def. They could also scale the resistance down, so that if you somehow manage to get over 100 res it will mean you will get healed instead, like in some FF before. Ofcourse that has to be made nearly impossible to reach, or have to sacrifice other resistances to reach it. Maybe even with negative resistance values, so you get an item that adds 10% to fire resist but also gives you -20% ice resist (or whatever the opposite of fire in this game is.. wind?)

Quote Originally Posted by Jinko View Post
    It doesn't hit hard at all IMO, naked Ifrit runs for example.
    Depends. Shadowsear, for example, hits pretty hard.
    (1)

[ AMD Phenom II X4 970BE@4GHz | 12GB DDR3-RAM@CL7 | nVidia GeForce 260GTX OC | Crucial m4 SSD ]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast