Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Player

Idea for drop rates + instanced content.

instanced content should have a long re enter timer or a limit for x amount of times a week depending on what it is.
    Reasons for doing this:
    >Higher drop rate on items
    >Content is lasted longer(you can't spam it, there for you cant figure out hwo to beat it the first night)
    >You can make an easy LS scheadul
    >Did I say higher drop rates?
    >Don't have to do the same thing 200 times to get the piece of armor/weapon you want.

If they would put timers on dungeons say, 2 times a week you can enter an instanced(AV,CC,DH). Maybe 5 times a week(do it all in one or spread it out during the week) for ifrit/moogle. I think that would be just great.

That would easily fill your week with stuff to do and it wont get tiring from spamming it 24/7.
    This would also lead to more open world stuff, once you are done for the night you go out and have an adventure or do stuff in the open world(reason for making more open world content).

Note: I would be fine with CF if things were done this way.
    (4)
    Last edited by Rokien; 04-13-2012 at 04:42 PM.

Player
    Character
    Will Brannigan
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 80
    Two dungeons a week? How horrible.

I mean, really. With what we currently have I wouldn't mind like an hour lockout on victory for increased drop rates - do one dungeon, do the other, maybe kill a primal, take a short break, repeat. We already kind of do this to avoid the 15 minute timer, but, again, it'd be nice to be nearly guaranteed a blue item from a clear. It'd work well with more dungeons in the future as well since you can just rotate through them while your timers are resetting.

Having your lockouts be so harsh just kills pickup groups hard as well - why would you ever waste your timer on a PUG when you're more likely to get the loot you want with people you know? You might not like it but PUGs are important for MMORPGs - they let you meet new people and play at times that your friends might not be on.
    (4)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Brannigan View Post
    Two dungeons a week? How horrible.

I mean, really. With what we currently have I wouldn't mind like an hour lockout on victory for increased drop rates - do one dungeon, do the other, maybe kill a primal, take a short break, repeat. We already kind of do this to avoid the 15 minute timer, but, again, it'd be nice to be nearly guaranteed a blue item from a clear. It'd work well with more dungeons in the future as well since you can just rotate through them while your timers are resetting.

Having your lockouts be so harsh just kills pickup groups hard as well - why would you ever waste your timer on a PUG when you're more likely to get the loot you want with people you know? You might not like it but PUGs are important for MMORPGs - they let you meet new people and play at times that your friends might not be on.
    Well we have to think about the future >.> That is what I'm doing.
    PUGS will still happen, when 2.0 comes out CC/AV/DH are really not going to be done much unless you wanna do it for fun than you just do a /shout.

also the bottom part was an example, if you read the top part I put an X there and or a longer re enter timer.
    (1)
    Last edited by Rokien; 04-13-2012 at 05:01 PM.

Character
    Denmo Mcstronghuge
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80
    Another thread about drop rates. Sheesh.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Yoso Carrasco
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 74
    Bravo, Mr. Brannigan, my thoughts exactly.

Long lockouts also screw with people that have inconsistent schedules/changing schedules (like with school), as if the rest of the group gets locked out doing content on their own they are unable to help the odd man out if the entire group can't be on at the same time as him.
    (1)
    Last edited by Estellios; 04-13-2012 at 05:01 PM.

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Denmo View Post
    Another thread about drop rates. Sheesh.
    Sorrry, no it's not just about drop rates.
    (0)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Estellios View Post
    Bravo, Mr. Brannigan, my thoughts exactly.

Long lockouts also screw with people that have inconsistent schedules/changing schedules (like with school), as if the rest of the group gets locked out doing content on their own they are unable to help the odd man out if the entire group can't be on at the same time as him.
    Well there's your pick up group.
    You can set a scheadul post it online, if you can't make it to one of the events, oh well, you don't make it. Also if you have a big ls, finding people wont be a problem you can set multiple times for people.

Also, there should be more to the game than these instanced raids >.>
    (0)
    Last edited by Rokien; 04-13-2012 at 05:06 PM.

Player
    Character
    Sky Box
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 55
    I think the high lockouts wouldnt really work, for new content, it is not to bad, its fresh, new, exciting, people want to do it, so it is all fun. But then when it comes to 3-4th month and you've received nothing, that is when it begins to get depressing, some people get everything and gtfo, not helping anyone. Some others are stuck waiting, or shouting for pickups, and then having horrible experiences, those who have yet to complete said content will be in the worse situation as they likely wont win an awful lot at first and always be SOL.

The whole, no change to Ifrit is bullshit, its old content and should not still have these harsh benefit rates. It almost seems like they will die, with AF Weapons and Garuda Weapons, who is really going to be doing Ifrit/Moogle if those weapons are nothing but luxery items now.

That said, some people (like myself) are a little happy the gear will become a bit dated so I dont have to go through that hellish soul sucking fight to get all the pieces, as I will just stick to the new stuff and keep on track from there on.
    (0)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by viion View Post
    I think the high lockouts wouldnt really work, for new content, it is not to bad, its fresh, new, exciting, people want to do it, so it is all fun. But then when it comes to 3-4th month and you've received nothing, that is when it begins to get depressing, some people get everything and gtfo, not helping anyone. Some others are stuck waiting, or shouting for pickups, and then having horrible experiences, those who have yet to complete said content will be in the worse situation as they likely wont win an awful lot at first and always be SOL.

The whole, no change to Ifrit is bullshit, its old content and should not still have these harsh benefit rates. It almost seems like they will die, with AF Weapons and Garuda Weapons, who is really going to be doing Ifrit/Moogle if those weapons are nothing but luxery items now.

That said, some people (like myself) are a little happy the gear will become a bit dated so I dont have to go through that hellish soul sucking fight to get all the pieces, as I will just stick to the new stuff and keep on track from there on.
    You know, that "new content" will have to be done 100 times over as well just to get a piece. So why not cut that down to 20 times and make it last 2 months and add other things to the game? That way you wont get tired of it by the time it gets "dated"
    (0)

Character
    Denmo Mcstronghuge
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80
    This kind of idea was fine for endgame dynamis runs in FFXI, because there was so much other content to be doing.

As it stands right now in XIV, not so much. Locking players into X number of instances per week is a little harsh, when those instances are just about all they have to do at the moment. Maybe later when the game is more developed.

Edit: As for drop rates, it's been said before. Drop rates of DL gear have been calculated so that players will keep playing until the next patch comes out.
    (0)
    Last edited by Denmo; 04-13-2012 at 05:14 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast