Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: FFXIV mounts

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Onidemon View Post
    You don't have to use it. Nothing is gonna stop you from using the old way of making parties. It's not because someone is wait in queue for the content finder that he'll refuse to party with you.

If a party invites me before i get setup with the content finder then i don't care, it's all the same for me. Anyways most people play with their LS so content finder will be more for the casuals.
    But what we're saying is it will not only make partying easier, it will also change the layout and world structure of the game. . . for the worse. Everything will be instanced. It won't even really be a proper MMO anymore. It will be Vindictus, only not as fun.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aaran Oni
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbygunz View Post
    But what we're saying is it will not only make partying easier, it will also change the layout and world structure of the game. . . for the worse. Everything will be instanced. It won't even really be a proper MMO anymore. It will be Vindictus, only not as fun.
    How will it change the layout of the world? How is it gonna make everything instanced?! I think you didn't get the concept of content finder. It is the same as the dungeon finder tool in WOW. It will help you find people for dungeons which are already instanced.

The only thing it will change is that you won't have to walk to the dungeon entrance anymore and with Anima it's not gonna be a huge difference.
    (1)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Onidemon View Post
    How will it change the layout of the world? How is it gonna make everything instanced?! I think you didn't get the concept of content finder. It is the same as the dungeon finder tool in WOW. It will help you find people for dungeons which are already instanced.

The only thing it will change is that you won't have to walk to the dungeon entrance anymore and with Anima it's not gonna be a huge difference.

Well that's an assumption, and one which suggests heavy instancing anyway, thereby affecting the layout of the world. People shouldn't be teleported to a dungeon entrance also, that's just stupid. Besides, the new dev quote on content finder suggests it's trans-world partying for more than just dungeons.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aaran Oni
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    Well that's an assumption, and one which suggests heavy instancing anyway, thereby affecting the layout of the world. People shouldn't be teleported to a dungeon entrance also, that's just stupid. Besides, the new dev quote on content finder suggests it's trans-world partying for more than just dungeons.
    It will be for dungeons, and raids and wtv is gonna be instanced anyways. It's no assumption, it's a fact. WOW didn't have it before, they added it later and nothing changed in the layout of the world. Being Cross-server or within the same server makes 0 difference, you got your LS if you need friends.

If they wouldn't add it, the only difference would be that it would take a lot more time to find a party, 1h+. A lot will get frustrated by then and give up on finding a PT and log off. You will teleport anyways to the damn crystal regardless of the content finder tool or not, and then walk for an extra 2 min from the crystal to the dungeon entrance. Does that make such a big difference that they remove that 2 min of walk?

Plus with this you can re-queue right away and find another PT in minutes. Now you would need to seek another party and if you are lucky spend only 1h finding one.
    (1)

Player

Yeah well don't bother even wanting more mounts because you can just sit in town and teleport to everywhere you need to go anyways. And consider it an improvement, apparently.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Eisen Gramul
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 90
    I really don't think a few monster mounts handed off to under 10000 people are going to ruin the games asthetic in the long run. These are creatures of the FF world. It dosn't seem all that strange people would ride the Ezorean equivilant of an elephant or boar.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Aaran Oni
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    Yeah well don't bother even wanting more mounts because you can just sit in town and teleport to everywhere you need to go anyways. And consider it an improvement, apparently.
    You can already teleport everywhere haven't you noticed? Should we remove Chocobos then and make Anima infinite?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Siorai Aduaidh
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    We had this discussion back when the Goobbues were released. I want to see a 'Mounts-with-a-purpose' approach in FFXIV

FFXIV should have special rental/limited-use mounts but only for special zones/terrain. (i.e. where choco's can't go)

Some examples

Goobbues >> Swamps
    Drakes >> Lava Flows
    Magitek Armor > Tundra/Wasteland
    Hippogryphs > Mountain Peaks/Canyons
    Great Buffalo > Rivers
    The neat thing about this is that the devs could make impassable terrain areas in the 2.0 maps with empty 'rental shacks' nearby. In the future, when adding expansions, all they need to do is to add the NPC that will rent you the appropriate mount to cross over. Its a much more stylish solution then "Oh look, a new cave/canyon/etc. that wasn't here yesterday"

But our regular mounts should all be chocobos and we should have access to many different breeds and customization options for them.
    (1)
    Last edited by Zantetsuken; 04-12-2012 at 12:01 AM.

Player
    Character
    Aaran Oni
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Gramul View Post
    I really don't think a few monster mounts handed off to under 10000 people are going to ruin the games asthetic in the long run. These are creatures of the FF world. It dosn't seem all that strange people would ride the Ezorean equivilant of an elephant or boar.
    Wtv would visually make this too different from XI is ruining immersion.

"Definition of immersion in this forum: Make this look like XI HD with better graphics. Immersion is the delusional belief that this XI-2"

anything that will be too much of a far cry from XI is running immersion.
    (0)

Player

@Zantetsuken

Right idea, different implementation than I'd like. No impassable areas due to lack of a mount (rental or otherwise). You should be able to reach anywhere over time no matter what mount you ride...

However 3 fair(ish) options could be any of the following (In my opinion of course)

A: Certain mounts travel faster on certain terrain and all others travel at rental chocobo speed. Normal choco's get neither an increase or a decrease

B: Certain mounts have accress to shortcuts, ie: a gob could lift a branch out of the way in Grid to cut across the map slightly (no content allowed in these shortcut passes) or a winged mount could glide down a mountain side. No shortcuts from one end of a map to another, just something to shave a few more seconds off than it takes to switch rides.

C: Certain mounts move slower but are resistant to attacks or a chance to scare off level X mobs for a given radius improving your chances of getting to that hard to reach camp or whatever.
    (1)

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast