Player
    Character
    Aviha Chai
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70

organization of fishing

Having previously collected gratuitous amounts of useful data for botany and mining, I've decided to do the same for fishing. I have a couple questions and I wonder if somebody knows the answers.

For most zones in the game that have fishing, there are separate drop lists between fishing at schools and fishing shoreline. Mostly these lists overlap but not completely.

Shoreline fishing is the main thing that separates fishing from the other forms of gathering and it turns out to cause a bit of complication when it comes to aggregating information. If you could, please shed some light on these issues...

1. If a fish is "schools only" at one camp, does that mean it is "schools only" universally? For example, if at Black Brush you can catch Dogfish from schools but not from shoreline fishing, does that mean Dogfish are not available from shoreline fishing anywhere in the world? This makes a big difference as to how I collect info and structure the database. I would have to keep separate info about the availability at shoreline for each camp if it's not a universal thing.

2. Are there "shoreline only" fish? As in, fish you can catch from shoreline fishing that aren't also available at schools in the same region. If there are no such fish, that means every fish you can catch can be caught at schools, meaning that I just need a "school exclusive yes/no" flag for each fish. If there are shoreline only fish though, I need three categories: shoreline, schools, and both.

Depending on the answers to these questions, full information for a fishing database might be enormously complicated. I may have to keep separate lists for shoreline and school drops for all the camps and furthermore categorize each fish into school/shore/both per camp. This is in addition to confirming the remainder bars, strike zones, and yields for all items.

I'd appreciate any knowledge in this area from people who take fishing more seriously than me!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ren Da'beast
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 3
    #1 no
    #2 no
    example,
    Bald knoll has school black sole while horizon boat dock has the only non school black sole i know of.
    Also, you can still get box turtles from horizon pond but at like 1/500 because it is a widely available spearfishing item now.
    you will need this for depth bar and sweet spot,
    and Spearfishing

Area Item
    Bearded Rock
    Grass Viper Lugworm
    White Scorpion All-purpose Brown Dye
    Pill Bug
    Skull Valley
    Merlthor Goby Razor Clam
    Box Turtle All-purpose Brown Dye
    Sea Cucumber
    Bloodshore
    Box Turtle All-purpose Brown Dye
    Grass Viper
    Cedarwood
    Tarantula Moth Pupa
    White Scorpion All-purpose Brown Dye
    Iron Lake
    Black Scorpion Box Turtle
    Tarantula All-purpose Brown Dye
    Black Brush
    Grass Viper Moth Pupa
    Bloodworm All-purpose Black Dye
    Muddy Water Striped Goby
    Dart Frog
    Drybone
    Muddy Water All-purpose Black Dye
    Box Turtle
    White Scorpion
    Grass Viper
    Horizon's Edge
    Bloodworm All-purpose Black Dye
    Muddy Water Box Turtle
    Nophica's Wells
    Muddy Water All-purpose Black Dye
    Sandfish
    Halatali
    Black Scorpion All-purpose Black Dye
    Box Turtle
    Bentbranch
    Grass Viper All-purpose Purple Dye
    Allagan Snail
    Emerald Moss
    Box Turtle All-purpose Purple Dye
    Allagan Snail
    Tranquil Paths
    Box Turtle All-purpose Purple Dye
    Allagan Snail
    Humblehearth
    Muddy Water All-purpose Purple Dye
    Tarantula
    Treespeak
    Tarantula All-purpose Purple Dye
    Dart Frog
    The Fields of Glory Muddy Water Striped Goby
    Allagan Snail
    Dragonhead
    Muddy Water Striped Goby
    Allagan Snail

(4)
    Last edited by Green_and_a_Half; 03-28-2012 at 04:37 AM.