Character
    Terrascene Mightyoak
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70

ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO SELL ANYTHING!

Dear Square Enix,

The world merger was a huge success however with that success comes a huge disappointment and that is the Market Wards are over crowded. Now I do realize that each Major City has its own market wards that we can go through however that is not fair nor is it practical in anyway to subject us to that. It seems that all of the major marketing is going on in Ul'Dah, a lot of us CANNOT summon our retainers in the market wards to begin selling our crafting/harvesting/misc items for Gil. This in my honest opinion is slowing the economy of FF XIV at least in regards to what is now referred to as the Balmung Server, although slowing the economy can be in a sense a good thing we should have to compete for something as simple as an opportunity to sell our wares. The stalls cost 500g a day which doesnt seem that steep however it does add up over time as it can take X amount of time to sell an item, unfortunately vendoring items isnt practical either because an item that sells for 6,000 to 10,000 gil in a Market Ward will only sell to a vendor for maybe 500 to 1,000 gil if that.

The solution I feel will be relatively simple:

*Establish a Central Auction House linked between all 3 Cities*

This idea will not only make the economy of the game flow much easier it will also ease congestion felt by players that sometimes cannot move due to the load times of all characters in the particular area they are in. A central auction house linked with all 3 cities will make it so players in any of the 3 major cities can place their items and sell them and collect their money and you can still include the tax system for the items via a Sellers Fee.

I understand that if this idea is to come to fruition that you will have to abolish retainers which would cause a lot of individuals to panic but there is a solution for that as well:

*Establish a Bank System*

Using this method Crafters and Harvesters can store all of their collections in one place without having to split the load between retainers and with the induction of your new classes we are going to need this sooner than you think. Players are leveling more classes now because they like the idea of the prestige classes, that means that they are going to have to hold on to more gear which is going to fill tons of inventory slots between both the player and the retainers, it is not practical to force the players to pick only a couple of classes they are willing to play when you yourselves have with the armoury system we can virtually switch on the fly and be what we want when we want to be it. Also with the adding of lots of new content that means more loot and that means more inventory.

I personally feel that if these 2 ideas were to get off the ground the game will be exponentially improved
    (5)
    Last edited by DonnyBoy; 04-09-2012 at 09:09 AM.

Player
    Character
    Raldo Volca
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by DonnyBoy View Post
    The solution I feel will be relatively simple:

What you are requesting is so not simple to implement, it's not even funny. Whatever they do to the 1.0 client is getting scrapped, so just deal with it until 2.0. Your complaints have been dished out enough times that I'd find it hard to believe that they don't have something in mind, but I don't expect to see it until 2.0.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Forerunner Highwind
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    Man up and move out of Ul'Dah.

Increase Taxes on items sold in the wrong wards.

Impose time limits on how long a retainer can stand in a ward without selling a single item.

Is this too much common sense for one forum post to handle?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Zetsumei Tsunarashi
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Terrascene Mightyoak
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70
    Thank you for being informative
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Terrascene Mightyoak
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Forerunner View Post
    Man up and move out of Ul'Dah.

Increase Taxes on items sold in the wrong wards.

Impose time limits on how long a retainer can stand in a ward without selling a single item.

Is this too much common sense for one forum post to handle?
    So people are forced to pioneer out in the middle of nowhere when it is obvious at least on my server that the community existing there has chosen to make Ul'dah the central hub of all trades. Increases taxes and impose time limits sure ill give you that but as for manning up and moving out its not quite that simple.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Forerunner Highwind
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    That wasn't just advice to you, that was advice to everyone.

Ul'Dah too laggy? No wonder, the whole server trying to fit in there, AFK'ing in the street.
    Wards full? Everyone and their dog has two retainers with something for 999,999,999 Gil for sale.
    Maybe they should close off the Ul'Dahn market wards, force people to use limsa and grid.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Kouji Geki
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 58
    well that could work. but youd probably have ppl just wait till it reopened. Cause its like someone said be LL has almost NOTHING near it to attract ppl to want to go there. Girdania atleast has Moogle fight and the guy you have to run to for lamps an to start the fights. But the surround area for it SUCKS and i personally cant wait for Dalamud to kick girdanias ass. While Uldah really has no flaws or places that are inconvenient so naturally its the place were most would gather. and once ishgard is released itll turn into jeuno and that place will have the same problem Uldah is now unless SE makes it that all wards linked which i wont hold my breathe on cause you know ppl havent been bitching about it since forever.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ayn Rand
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Right now it is completely unfair that alot of people have TWO retainers in the Ul'dah market wards and I can't even put one there. I offer a simple solution that can be implemented with the current server software and will solve multiple problems.

1. Allow players 3 retainers. (This is not completely necessary, but it would expand the markets in all 3 cities.)

2. Allow players to place only 1 retainer in each city's market wards.

3. Increase bazaar capacity so that players can sell more items per retainer. The reason for this is because of the incredibly high drop rate in this game.

4. No more partial stack sells. If players want less than a full stack they can buy it from bazaars or merchants. Partial stacks take up space on the wards, which sucks because it only shows the 20 cheapest.
    (0)
    Last edited by smithdag; 04-10-2012 at 09:59 PM.

Player
    Character
    Raldo Volca
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by smithdag View Post
    4. No more partial stack sells. If players want less than a full stack they can buy it from bazaars or merchants. Partial stacks take up space on the wards, which sucks because it only shows the 20 cheapest.
    That one's impractical. I sell Oak Branches. I put them up in stacks of 99 to start with, sure, but people don't need 99 Oak Branches. They just buy them a couple at a time. What are you proposing SE does with my retainer once someone buys a single one of my Oak Branches? Does it get kicked out of my retainer's bazaar? If that was the case, I'd never even sell my Oak Branches; I'd just NPC them all since I sell them for only slightly more than what an NPC would offer me.

On the other side of that complaint, do you know how impossibly long it would take to acquire 99 Vampire Plants to sell? Alchemists would never be able to find half of the random junk they need for medicines if people were forced to acquire a full stack prior to selling anything.

I'd be fine with the 1 retainer per city thing though... that's what I do currently, because I like to be able to have a retainer accessible from anywhere.
    (3)
    Last edited by Raldo; 04-10-2012 at 10:43 PM.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast