Player
    Character
    Shayla Asiaine
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfsspirit View Post
    Before you could not summon your retainer when shes standing somewhere and selling items at the moment.. summon could only be done when your retainer isn't actively selling stuff..or if you could summon , your retainer has to be reactivated to sell stuff again.. so unless that is changed , it's useless
    May be wrong here and may have been changed , but that's what i remember how it was.
    I've confirmed:
    You can summon your retainer out of the ward to exchange items with her, even if she is selling items.
    You can then send her back and she will continue to have those items in her bazaar.
    There is an issue that you may not be able to send her back (but this is probably a bug).

So, bugs not withstanding, you should be able to deal with your retainer anywhere/anytime ^.^
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Shayla Asiaine
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadlySwordz View Post
    Ah ok. But are all starting cities linked together or are they separate? If they are separate, then I am going to have a hard time selling my stuff due to not so populated cities.
    They are not linked, but it is not very difficult now to search all three markets.

1) If in Ul'Dah, go to Market Wards
    2) Choose to go into 'Limsa Lominsa Mercantile Wards' (instead of Ul'Dah)
    3) Use the search counter
    4) Exit and choose to go to 'Gridania Mercantile Wards'
    5) Use the search counter
    6) Exit and choose to go to 'Ul'Dah Mercantile Wards'
    7) Use the search counter

Yes, it takes 3x longer than checking one place. But, it can be done from one location without having to travel to every city (as it used to be). May be all we get till 2.0, so whilst not ideal, is usable.

If I'm purchasing mass quantities of items (for crafting) I check all 3.
    If I do not care how much I pay and only want one item, I still check Ul'dah.

This may be a hint that you may get more customers if you are selling mass-quantity items in non-Ul'Dah locations (like stacks of wood, cloths, stones, etc).

What are the chances of that happening?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Y'ahte Tia
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Ah ok. But are all starting cities linked together or are they separate? If they are separate, then I am going to have a hard time selling my stuff due to not so populated cities.
    Theoretically any city can access all three Market Wards, but yet all three Market Wards are still separate. All three cities have access to the three 'Mercantile Houses' from where you can search the Market Wards of the city related to that Mercantile House. So from Gridania, for example, you could check the Market Wards of all three cities. HOWEVER, each Mercantile House can only search within the city it corresponds to, so if you do a market search in Gridania's Mercantile House you will get a result from the retainers in Grid, if you do so in Ul'Dah's Mercantile House you get the results of Ul'Dah.
    I've been having a fair bit of luck selling in Gridania myself, my Limsa Retainer has had pretty minimal luck. I'm on a different server, though.

What are the chances of that happening?
    Just don't dispatch them to Ul'Dah. What happens is that if it has a deployment failure (that is, the ward chosen is full) it does not gives you a 'failed to deploy' report. However, if you ring the bell again the menu will tell you that your retainer is in a weird place (generally The Dunes for Ul'Dah) if it failed to deploy properly
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Viritess Vonschalt
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Fairly sure they are still seperate due to server code and how it handles Markets/sales.

I can't seem to find the link but i belive it was due to the act of going to a ward actually sends you to the corresponding area. Thus the amount of work they would have to put in isn't feasable compared to putting that effort into 2.0 itself.

Its good to remember there are many things they would love to do for us, but just can't due to time/effort/cost compared to just working those systems into 2.0. All in all the Devs for FF14 are much much more open to player ideas then a plethera of other companies. We have that to be thankful for, mostly.
    (0)

Character
    N'aivir Alexaire
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70
    Yeah....i've tried setting up shop in other cities. The only time i get anything to sell is when leasing a stand in Uldah, and it generally runs out before i can get back to renew it. Problem is people are too lazy to search anywhere but uldah. "Oh it's not for sale here, oh well guess i can't get it" or "Oh it's too expensive"...have you even looked in the other two cities? I can't even get things to sell when i list them for cheaper than they are in Uldah. I mean come on, really?

It would be nice if SE could do something about this, but i tend to think it's more the players making it into a bigger problem than it really is. SE gave us the tools to branch out with the wards, but nobody is using them. Kinda like the player search function (lol)
    (0)

Player

I seem to be making a lot of money in the Lim wards even though I'm based in Ul'dah. It's not that hard, and I just summon and place at whatever bell is nearby.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lhei Fox
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Asiaine View Post
    They are not linked, but it is not very difficult now to search all three markets.

1) If in Ul'Dah, go to Market Wards
    2) Choose to go into 'Limsa Lominsa Mercantile Wards' (instead of Ul'Dah)
    3) Use the search counter
    4) Exit and choose to go to 'Gridania Mercantile Wards'
    5) Use the search counter
    6) Exit and choose to go to 'Ul'Dah Mercantile Wards'
    7) Use the search counter
    <--- This yes but do you think half the server do know how to use the fuction properly? NO
    I sold items good price abit cheaper then uld stands had but took me 3 weeks to sell something yes and my retainer is in Gridania.

So found Stand spot pay 500 for 24h its only 1 day and sold direckly few items.
    So this dosent work at all.

What they could do i mean so hard isent it they made in FFXI and they can do it again.
    Make simpel action house or search function is connected to both Uld Lominsa and Gridania.

I mean if ur are a new player and want to start make some money. Then this game is a pain in the ass to sell the ur gathering items crafted w/e beacuse greedy gold sellers retainers blocking all spots.
    How long you expect people gona accept it like it is now? its Rageing this is terrible.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Shayla Asiaine
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Tagihi View Post
    What they could do i mean so hard isent it they made in FFXI and they can do it again.
    Make simpel action house or search function is connected to both Uld Lominsa and Gridania.
    I do not think they can do this. There used to be a time when there was no mercantile house to go to, to search other cities, then they added that. I think they did that because they could not make it so you search all 3 cities at once. It is an unfortunate limitation 1.0, and hopefully will be fixed in 2.0

The tools to do commerce in 3 cities are there, albeit primitive tools. Unfortunately this is enough to make sure people do not use those tools and everyone focuses only on Ul'dah.
    (0)
    Last edited by Asiaine; 08-22-2012 at 01:24 PM.

Player
    Character
    Gothicknight Genesis
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 50
    From Balmung, Ul'dah

To kick off i don't care if there has been a post like this before, but the more the better hopefully SE will "Take note" of the situation. Now i have stuff i want to sell, but i can't because it is impossible to get a retainer in the wards to sell stuff, it would seem that regardless of what city you are from you can sell in any ward, Its nice that Ul'dah is the focus of trade, since We are a wealthy and proud city, but this prevents residents from selling their wares, To be quite honest we need a "AH!" (AUCTION HOUSE!!)

So I contacted a GM In hopes they could provide with info that maybe something would be done....like an AH or maybe an increase of retainers abled to be deployed. He directs me here so i'm bastard posting and making it heard.

From my own Recent post.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aviya Lily
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 83
    You know what I agree with the OP. This is the most frustrating thing EVER. I mean I browse through the wards to see if there are any retainers that are selling crap. I found one today with 1 piece of materia on it for 3k. I ended up shelling out the 3k so that retainer would go bye bye. Guess what, its still freaking there with no items for sale on it. I am getting so frustrated with this whole ordeal.
    (0)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast