Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Viritess Vonschalt
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    As a side point. i've been doing some modest business in a non-Uldah ward. Not raking in the coin but its not impossible either. I decided to target afew segments of possible buyers. In my case:

lvl 25 and under players
    Crafters

One retainer generally sells lower level weapons and gear.
    The other sells various crafting supplies. I'm not so specialized that i have 7-10 of the same things stacked for sale. I put up a few things. and then rotate my stock as things sell or rot away.

As of yesterday i had some Megalo crab legs, pie crusts, Yellow yarzon legs +1, Quicksilver etc. for sale. Some will sell (some have) and some won't but i can bring them back later if i feel the need.

My point is i'm targeting specific consumers who may have need of my wares. an instead of maximizing my possible profit because theres almost no one selling much there. I'm offering most things for (debateably i suppose) reasonable prices. If i sell something for even a couple k less then i COULD, but someone rebuys it to attempt to resell, i've still made my sale, and my profit. Now its their task to attempt a sale.

Theres always something to be said for consistant sales vs the big "Gotcha" sale and sitting on your stock for ages.

Help your local economy! Sell where you like to be!

Those are my thoughts
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Shayla Asiaine
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 50
    You mean... you are being intelligent ^.^

This world favours those who are willing to think and come up with a smart approach to accomplishing tasks.
    (0)

Character
    Denmo Mcstronghuge
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80
    WHAT? YOU CAN'T SELL ANYTHING! F***!!!!

WE BETTER GET SE ON THIS RIGHT AWAY! THIS WILL NOT STAND!

DONNYBOY NEEDS GIL, AND NEEDS GIL NOW, SE! YOU BETTER DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS!

THINK OF THE CHILDREN SE! THE CHILLLLLDREEEENNNNNNN!!!!
    (3)
    Last edited by Denmo; 04-15-2012 at 03:34 PM.

Player
    Character
    Cierra Lambarue
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 70
    I completely agree with most of everyone here. But I am pretty pissed I can't even sell anything. The most I can do is put a few things on my bazaar and sit outside Uldah, which doesn't work a whole lot since everyones already in the wards. It's true, everyones in Uldah, I just took a look around Gridania and no one was in there and theres barely anyone in the town. Also, I hate trying to buy stuff. I gotta go hunt down one person among a few hundred retainers in one room. This whole thing has overall made me really upset that I'm broke and can barely make any gil. I'm trying to find alternatives but Im still fairly new to the game.
    (0)
    "Believe in yourself.
    Not you, who believes in me. Not me, who believes in you. Believe in you, who believes in yourself!"

Player
    Character
    Deadly Swordz
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    I just came back to the game a few days ago and I am liking it so far with all the changes etc. The only thing that has me annoyed is that for the past 2 days I have tried to summon my retainer in all of the different wards in Uldah and have had no luck yet. What are returning players and new players suppose to do to sell their stuff now and make some gil? If I knew there was a cap of how many retainers can be in a single market ward or if I knew all current Uldah market wards were capped with no space for any new ones, I'd of started in Limsa or something. But also, what are the chances that Limsa or even Grid's market wards are not 100% full as well? What are we suppose to do now?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lakota Pride
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Link wards to grand company , if your not uldah GC for instance then you only allowed to post 1 restainer in uldah and unlimited in your own GC city.
    Then again i am against spreading retainers because i seriously dont wanna travel 3 cities to empty my inventory.
    Pretty stupid if i have to store my logs in uldah and go back to LL to store ore etc, so best option is to allow only 1 shop in any cities market and still being able to call your retainers for storage at the same place, mybe they can expand the sale/bazaar list from 10 to 20.
    By the way the new item search option sux , hate it.
    Noticed theres a hell of a lot less items being sold as before the patch, and its harder to find as with the old search system.
    Im selling ok tho.. but then again i usely sell for 10-50% of the item price since i dont care about money much and because it helps/forces people to lower their prices so it gets more afordable.
    A lot of the prices are rediculous high.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Shayla Asiaine
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfsspirit View Post
    Pretty stupid if i have to store my logs in uldah and go back to LL to store ore etc,
    Technically you can summon your retainer anywhere and give them items. But there may be an issue that when you send them back they do not go there (probably a bug that will be fixed). Should not re-design game around this bug -- better to fix the bug.

By the way the new item search option sux , hate it.
    O.o!! HOw can you not love it? I just type in the name of what I"m looking for, and there it is... no trying to remember 'was it armor or tailor, was it grocer or alchemist' then scrolling for ever to find out its not even in stock and that's why I can't find it.

Plus the old way is still there.

Noticed theres a hell of a lot less items being sold as before the patch, and its harder to find as with the old search system.
    There may be a shift in market practices after patch (almost always is), and people are off doing new content rather than supplying/shopping.

Im selling ok tho.. but then again i usely sell for 10-50% of the item price since i dont care about money much and because it helps/forces people to lower their prices so it gets more afordable.
    A lot of the prices are rediculous high.

On Balmung I still notice a lot of items selling like hot-cakes, and my items selling well (and for more than pre-patch). So maybe it's just a specific item on a specific world?

But seriously... how can you not love the new item search... o.o!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Shayla Asiaine
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadlySwordz View Post
    What are returning players and new players suppose to do to sell their stuff now and make some gil?
    You can try selling it through other market wards. It does not have to be sold in Ul'Dah only.

If I knew there was a cap of how many retainers can be in a single market ward or if I knew all current Uldah market wards were capped with no space for any new ones, I'd of started in Limsa or something.
    You do not have to start in Limsa Lominsa to have a retainer there. I started in Limsa Lominsa and have a retainer in Ul'Dah, so you can do it the opposite way. You can also commute between the two cities by teleport and airship.

But also, what are the chances that Limsa or even Grid's market wards are not 100% full as well? What are we suppose to do now?
    I would say there is a 95% chance that the other markets are not 100% full. Won't be tooo hard to look, surely?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Lakota Pride
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Still think search should include all city markets in 1 list instead of having to visit each city market seperatly.

****Technically you can summon your retainer anywhere and give them items. But there may be an issue that when you send them back they do not go there (probably a bug that will be fixed). Should not re-design game around this bug -- better to fix the bug.***

Before you could not summon your retainer when shes standing somewhere and selling items at the moment.. summon could only be done when your retainer isn't actively selling stuff..or if you could summon , your retainer has to be reactivated to sell stuff again.. so unless that is changed , it's useless
    May be wrong here and may have been changed , but that's what i remember how it was.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Deadly Swordz
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Asiaine View Post
    You can try selling it through other market wards. It does not have to be sold in Ul'Dah only.
    Ah ok. But are all starting cities linked together or are they separate? If they are separate, then I am going to have a hard time selling my stuff due to not so populated cities.

Quote Originally Posted by Asiaine View Post
    Technically you can summon your retainer anywhere and give them items. But there may be an issue that when you send them back they do not go there (probably a bug that will be fixed). Should not re-design game around this bug -- better to fix the bug.
    What are the chances of that happening?
    (0)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast