Player
    Character
    Drasdras Darkmoon
    World
    Gungnir
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 45

Alchemist's Potion/Ether/Vial (discussion)

[straight to the point] Alchemist needs adjusting and improvements in many areas, there's no denying it. "What are the points that need improvement?" there's a lot of complaints and not enough feedback and the forum needs more suggestions and positive op's. So here's my thoughts on the matter and what could be.

- Addition of an Cool-down Timer bar.

- Free Usage of Potions, Ethers, Vials, etc.
    (however)
    - Stackable Duration: Timer Stacks if another is used before timer ends. [ do the math because I'm not doing it.]

- Lower Duration Timer; ex. Potion 30 seconds to 1:00 minutes and so on. [do the rest yourself.]

- (Separate Durations) Potion/Ether/Urns/Flasks.

- (NQ) Normal Quality Vs (HQ) High Quality [I'm still currently trying to figure this out.]

Now on another note "What Supports Alchemist?" Skills and Abilities? and other things. Here's my thoughts on this and what I think needs changing.

- Addition of an "Ability" ex. "Potion Mastery I", ex. "Ether Mastery I", etc {"Grants additional healing/effects along with the used potion, etc, etc, etc,}".

- Addition of an "Skill" ex. "Single Usage", ex. "Double Usage", etc{"Effects how many can be used continuously}".

- Items Value; NPC Venders vs Retainer Sellers; Set within each City State ( Ul'dah, LL, Grida) Depends & Change accordingly [this one is kind of off topic, so I'll leave it alone].

----------------------------------
    The sooner the adjustments and improvements come the better edit: however I'm not saying it should be rushed.
    (3)
    Last edited by Dras6fin; 04-08-2012 at 07:05 AM. Reason: small change to text
    "It's The Journey that is important, The Destination is Not that important."

Player
    Character
    Deepening Shadow
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Dras6fin View Post
    - (NQ) Normal Quality Vs (HQ) High Quality [I'm still currently trying to figure this out.]
    I made a thread a while ago talking about this. The HQ bonus on potions is pretty low and not quite worth it (~60HP/MP or +8 of a stat, lower duration); so I thought that, rather than create a bonus to the item's qualities itself, why not make HQ pots have a lower recast than NQ? Like from 4 minutes to 2, or something.

Anyways I like the format of your op and the purpose of this thread, hopefully good things come of it
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Raldo Volca
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    The difference in NQ vs HQ when it comes to gear is usually 10%, so it's unsurprising that medicines are also +10% effect. I certainly wouldn't say no to a bit lower recast, however.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Chardut Mazzma
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 90
    I've waited a bit to post this, but I'm just really frustrated with how alchemy is right now. It's a combination of usefulness and profitability mixed with the 10 slot limit on our bazaars; and then the flood of alchemy items from the Garlean event.

I hope they give another pass through for it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Raldo Volca
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    Yeeaaahhh... making Garleans drop elixirs like candy after making elixirs actually moderately rare (obtained only from leves / chests) was a bad move.

Though, despite being an alchemist, I've made a killing off of these Garlean elixirs anyway, so I can't complain too much.

I find the medicines to be very useful (Mega-Potion / Mega-Ether / Elixir ), but the stat potions... eh.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Yoso Carrasco
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 74
    Stat potions are nice when you absolutely need to focus all your effort into a particular stage of a fight, since they are fairly powerful. My LS uses Mega-Potions of Strength on Miser's Mistress at the start of the fight, for example, to get her HP as low as we can before she runs away and starts Regen'ing health. I'd have the BLMs use the Intelligence potions but I can't get ahold of Spoken Blood anymore.

I do think probably the best thing would be to split the potions into specific types so we are still restricted from spamming them but we have more freedom to use the wide variety of them. My thinking was to have Potions and Ethers in the same category (Restoratives ?), Status Boosts in their own category (Enhancers ?), and keep the stat heals as Panaceas and debuffs as Toxins.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Syntax Lies
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Leatherworker Lv 50
    Cool downs need to be fixed. Its so dumb that they share the same cool down.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Drasdras Darkmoon
    World
    Gungnir
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 45
    Quote Originally Posted by syntaxlies View Post
    Cool downs need to be fixed. Its so dumb that they share the same cool down.
    couldn't agree more
    (0)
    "It's The Journey that is important, The Destination is Not that important."