Player
    Character
    Shayla Asiaine
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 50
    I'm unclear on one thing:
    Is the change a 'one time offer' in 2.0 (like how others can change race). Or is it a new 'feature' that will allow flip-flopping at will thereafter.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Anony Moose
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Agoven View Post
    You made the player base make decisions. THEY NEED TO STICK TO THOSE DECISIONS!!!
    That's what I said about the Commemorative Coin, if they did something sentimental with it in the future... and I'm still getting swarmed in that thread (sig) by people who think SE would never hold people accountable for their decisions, lol.

While I agree; Yoshida-san did say that it would not make any difference which GC you joined and you should go with the one that feels right to you -- but each company favors bonuses for certain jobs. I wouldn't blame people if they wanted to make an informed decision now that the what feels best option didn't work as well as some hoped.
    (2)
    "I shall refrain from making any further wild claims until such time as I have evidence."
    – Y'shtola

Player
    Character
    Bisera Cecilina
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 76
    Quote Originally Posted by Agoven View Post
    Sigh...another one of those SE submitting to the whiner community base. SE you are pissing off the core group of players who find these types of changes detrimental to an MMO.

This world is our "fantasy" life. In it we make choices that affect our lives. If we approach the MMO world with getting everything and whatever we want the immersion of being in this fantasy world vanishes.

If you do insist to allow swap to another GC in my opinion it is equivalent to dropping rank from the military. Defecting means you are branded a traitor. You lose all your rank, points, items, gears etc. There should be no I want to switch back after moving to another...if you even allow swapping back and forth...each swap should entirely wipe out any gains from previous GC.

Really though when 2.0 hits I'd like to see that while there are remnants of the GC they have all become dissolved through the free companies.

These are the contents that are part of the current calm before the storm...life has tough choices...make them and live with them. It's not like you haven't asked and asked and asked to confirm your enlistment in the GC of your choice. It's not like you said you can only be part of this company. You put the confirmations in place. You warned that these choices are permanent. You made the player base make decisions. THEY NEED TO STICK TO THOSE DECISIONS!!!

WE as players aren't entitled to EVERYTHING. I don't want everything...if you take away the reasons to choose and the consequences of choosing you take away the life of the game...it becomes a game merely about I want this gear and that gear rather then what SE is about.

An immersion into a world a story that unfolds a realm. If you gonna just give everyone everything you might as well make cash shops for items so those that GOTTA HAVE THEM all can just buy them.

Then please exclude me from the game entirely cause the more you submit to these whiners the more you are losing your loyal fan base.
    Obvious troll is obvious.

You forgot to complain about the ability to change jobs.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jigsaah Damultitude
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Keroa View Post
    Now that doesn't make any sense.
    you don't wear a Sgt's army uniform because you paid a lot of money for it, you wear it because you've earned it, and it shows your status in the army.
    Wearing a LL Uniform if your a high rank of the Adders would be just wrong.

Now if you were to abandon your sworn fealty to the Adders, and swear fealty tot he Maelstrom, you'd have to work your way fromthe bottom, as was suggested earlier, but makes more sense then just'paying extra' fora company issued uniform, when you arent even in the company.
    I think a better solution would be to have had the lietenants coats be a universal set of overcoats...ones to represent the alliance the 3 nations formed. That way all 3 overcoats would be available to all players and people can pick and choose.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ellyse Liljeqvist
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 50
    I'm personally really sad to see SE going back on their decision and allow company swaps. This was the one decision they SAID COUNTLESS TIMES was irreversible and to be 100% positive this was what you wanted. I have never once regretted my decision to join the Maelstrom but if other whiny players want to do it so be it. I just hope SE makes company gear company specific so there is no gear sharing by these traitors and they lose all rank and bonuses when they quit.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Reika Shadowheart
    World
    Durandal
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 80
    Good for people who WISH they went with The Maelstrom, but for the lack of better judgement selected one of the lesser companies. But, I too don't think people should be allowed to change Grand Companies, ever. They just need to make the gear equal.

(0)
    Last edited by Reika; 09-13-2012 at 09:26 AM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5