Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Doho Fiasco
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 50
    so what happens to all the company gear we have now? does this mean defectors can dawn their old officer gear and go undercover!?!? gasp
    (1)
    "Unbelievable wipes... indescribable failings. Whining, bitching, rage quitting - through an endless party find." - Doho, A Whole New Whorl

Player
    Character
    Prince Nuada
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Doho View Post
    so what happens to all the company gear we have now? does this mean defectors can dawn their old officer gear and go undercover!?!? gasp
    I reckon that there will be a system whereby players can exchange their old Grand Company gear for their new GC gear (perhaps with some sort of penalty of course... say 10% to 25% more than the original cost of seals?)

And thank you for the information, Rukkirii... I have a couple friends who wish they could've joined the Maelstrom so this will be great news for them.
    (0)
    "After ten years, finally headed to Sharlayan... absolutely stoked"

Player
    Character
    Holy Dragoon
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Twin adder will rule all in the end, you shall see =)
    (5)

Player

The biggest question is will sanction buff work cross GC, and will wearing one item from each GC count as a total of 3 towards extra stat buff and so on?

If not, then best to stick with one GC.
    If so, it'll be one awesome time sink farming seals for all your favorite GC gear for the best possible combo.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Ryans Tardis
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 53
    I'm betting it will be a system almost identical to FFXI. You can renounce your allegiance to your current Grand Company and join a different one. Doing so would make you lose all your seals (Conquest points and outpost warps in FFXI) but you get to keep any items that you purchased. If you ever decide to return to a Grand Company you had been a part of in the past, you would return to your current rank and progress with missions but with 0 seals.

Reliving the storyline would be a pathetic decision from a designers point of view. How would doing the same exact story again make any sense?

Rant and speculation starting:
    Hell, I'm not even sure if you'd be able to do the new Grand Companies storyline because its not as separated from the other storylines as it was in FFXI. All of the Grand Companies are, currently, telling the same story but from different perspectives. In FFXI, the storylines were, for the most part, individual entities that weren't tied together in any way. Unless the 2.0 storylines are telling their own individual stories and not a scenario like Dalamund, switching could simply make you the same rank with 0 seals.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Llen Coram
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 80
    Anyone who leaves the Maelstrom, feel free to stay gone. It's sad that the devs are caving to a bunch of whiners about, "ooooh, my stats."
    (4)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by LlenCoram View Post
    Anyone who leaves the Maelstrom, feel free to stay gone. It's sad that the devs are caving to a bunch of whiners about, "ooooh, my stats."
    As long as yOu lose ranks, seals and gear, suit yourselves.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Shayla Asiaine
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 50
    I wonder if they will make it so that:
    You can not equip that item as you are no longer part of that Grand Company.

Making it so you have to throw away all your GC specific gear. Otherwise I have some concern about balance issues with mixing gear from multiple GCs together.

I'm also a bit sad they allow this... maybe if its a one time thing for only 2.0 (due to game re-launch and new people comming in, etc).
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Mirage Askai
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    If they worry about mixing company gear, they could make the set bonuses stronger and/or require more pieces, so that it would (for the most part) be gimp to mix them.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rogue Muse
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukkirii View Post
    I have good news for those of you who are unhappy with your Grand Company choice! You will be able to switch your Grand Company in version 2.0, but of course there may be some downsides (for example, having your rank reset, etc.). Good news for those of you really wanting to make a change!
    Will all the same quests be available? I want to stay with flames but want to get those 2 quests i missed when i first joined.
    (1)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast