Player
    Character
    Keroa Eversong
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 70
    See, theres this thing called "research"
    I understood fully and completely that once I chose my Grand Company,I would not be able to look back. this left me at the deciding quest for about 2 days while I weighed my options.
    I looked at the gear each had available, I looked at each bird's Barding, and I even checked within my LS and household to see which Grand Companies they were in.
    In the End, Kan-E-Senna's light show and the Crested Barding from Gridania won me over, however that could have easily been changed had my household members chosen something like the Maelstrom. I would have gone with that, instead.

I agree with Asi. They made sure that, unless you rushed through everything without reading, you had all the information you would need, PLUS ample time to weigh out your decision. I mean, you joined a Grand Company, which means you spent a good deal of time running around.. during this time, you didn't bother to ask your friends "So which GC are you in? I think I like these guys" OR to look up on Google your companies barding?

Gonna sound mean here, but it sounds like you made a hasty decision and now regret it. use this experience as alearning tool to not make the same mistake again.

... Besides, once Dalamund falls, I don't think your GC will matter.

EDIT:
    My apologies, I was under the impression that the Barding and the like had been around for as long as the companies themselves. My LS member just told me the Barding is still fairly new.
    Sorry for sounding like a douche.
    (0)
    Last edited by Keroa; 06-28-2012 at 01:09 AM.

Player
    Character
    Bravo Whiskey
    World
    Ravana
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    If I was a Grid. MNK I would have this: http://mooglebox.com/entries/gridani...s-overcoat.php

But instead I'm with LL, and I get this: http://mooglebox.com/entries/lominsa...s-overcoat.php

----

All the gear should either be the same, or be purchasable from nations outside your own for an increased cost.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Keroa Eversong
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Pence View Post
    If I was a Grid. MNK I would have this: http://mooglebox.com/entries/gridani...s-overcoat.php

But instead I'm with LL, and I get this: http://mooglebox.com/entries/lominsa...s-overcoat.php

----

All the gear should either be the same, or be purchasable from nations outside your own for an increased cost.
    Now that doesn't make any sense.
    you don't wear a Sgt's army uniform because you paid a lot of money for it, you wear it because you've earned it, and it shows your status in the army.
    Wearing a LL Uniform if your a high rank of the Adders would be just wrong.

Now if you were to abandon your sworn fealty to the Adders, and swear fealty tot he Maelstrom, you'd have to work your way fromthe bottom, as was suggested earlier, but makes more sense then just'paying extra' fora company issued uniform, when you arent even in the company.
    (3)

Community Rep
    I have good news for those of you who are unhappy with your Grand Company choice! You will be able to switch your Grand Company in version 2.0, but of course there may be some downsides (for example, having your rank reset, etc.). Good news for those of you really wanting to make a change!
    (59)
    Bethany "Rukkirii" Stout - Community Team

Player
    Character
    Mirage Askai
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Good news, everyone!
    I have invented a device that lets you betray your company!

More seriously: I like that we will be able to change, and I also fully agree with being punished for it. Rank reset and/or seal reset sounds like a fair idea.
    (13)

Player
    Character
    Len Orlan
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Any Twin Adder defectors will be dealt with swiftly and severely.
    (20)

Player
    Character
    Fluffy Pancake
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    *grabs butterfly wand*

One of uuuuss..... One of uuuuuuuus!
    (2)

Act in such a way that you treat humanity, whether in your own person or in the person of another, always at the same time as an end and never simply as a means

Player
    Character
    Sa'hana Zhralyia
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 80
    That's sounds perfectly fine, but a few questions on that.

* Can you change your Grand Company at will or is it a one-time deal?

* Say you leave your Grand Company for another. Unfortunately that new GC doesn't suit your tastes so you return to the original one you had. Will you lose all progress (seals, rank, quests, etc.) even if you rejoin?

* Are all items you purchased from that Grand Company yours to keep even after leaving or must these be returned before you can leave?
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Mirage Askai
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    I would think they're not entirely sure about the details yet.

I do however think it very unlikely that they would confiscate your gear, but a rank/seal reset would be very likely.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sa'hana Zhralyia
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    I would think they're not entirely sure about the details yet.

I do however think it very unlikely that they would confiscate your gear, but a rank/seal reset would be very likely.
    I definitely believe going to a new Grand Company wouldn't allow you to keep your current rank nor would they convert say Flame Seals into Serpent Seals. However what I'm curious over is if you leave your company will you still retain your seals and rank should you join that one again? Take for example leaving one nation for another in FFXI, you pay a fee and you could go from a Windurstian to a San d'Orian. You'd have to start from the beginning in the storyline again but it retained your progress and points between each nation. So if you later signed up as a Windurstian again you could pick up where you left off.

That's what I'm asking. If I chose to leave the Twin Adder to join the Immortal Flames, then later signed up again for the Twin Adder would I be a Serpent Private Third Class again or would my title as Serpent Sergeant Second still remain. Personally I actually don't plan to swap but I was using that as an example. I do however plan to join probably the Maelstrom on my alt since I accidentally chose the wrong company with that one. But if I don't like that company after all I may choose to go back and it'd be nice if I could keep my rank and seals for that one.

Isn't a huge loss if you can't but some Grand Companies appear to have slightly varying storylines even if they all reach the same conclusion over time.
    (0)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast