Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Fluffy Pancake
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Thanks F****r! er.... Dooks! XD This will help my gsm out a ton!
    (1)

Act in such a way that you treat humanity, whether in your own person or in the person of another, always at the same time as an end and never simply as a means

Player
    Character
    Sephrick Markarius
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    Sadly on Durandal Mythril Ore is 2,000 each, as are Electrum.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Bubble Yum
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephrick View Post
    Sadly on Durandal Mythril Ore is 2,000 each, as are Electrum.
    This can happen and I have found that checking Grid and LL can find lower prices and decent supply due to a lack of spots located in Uldah.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Maneki Neko'mimi
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 50
    Wow, awesome guide! One thing that might be useful is approximate material counts for each level range. I started out and bought too many stacks of the first set of ore. XD
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Thal Icebound
    World
    Ravana
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    A few other points:
    - Aldgoat Milk is delicious. +20 Craftsmanship is not to be sneezed at and makes your success rate much better. Drink it!
    - Crafting manuals will help buff your exp (+50%) if you want to pay for them. They can also be purchased on the black market now.
    - Rested Experience is also highly advised, as it gives +50% exp. So don't neglect logging off in an inn, especially if you don't plan on continuously crafting 24/7.
    - If you have the gems, you can now make gemmed rings with electrum and other similar jewellery, which sells rather nicely.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rail Tracer
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    You know, at nearly any level (with the prices of ore how they've been have been the past couple months), if you just buy stacks of ore, turn them into nuggets, then turn those nuggets into rings and sell the rings at the NPC and make a decent profit doing so. I'm doing it with electrum ore now - 99 ores cost me somewhere around 300k, and all the rings I made out of that netted me about 500k, and I got from 38 to 41 doing so.
    (0)
    Last edited by cyborgmermaid; 04-17-2012 at 12:19 PM.

Player
    Character
    Raldo Volca
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    Ah--but do you lose money once you take shards into account?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Thanos Xiv
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by cyborgmermaid View Post
    You know, at nearly any level (with the prices of ore how they've been have been the past couple months), if you just buy stacks of ore, turn them into nuggets, then turn those nuggets into rings and sell the rings at the NPC and make a decent profit doing so. I'm doing it with electrum ore now - 99 ores cost me somewhere around 300k, and all the rings I made out of that netted me about 500k, and I got from 38 to 41 doing so.
    1 ore = 2k (depending on server) - 3 ores to make 1 ingot (6k in ore) - 1 ingot to make 1 ring (NPC for 2970ish I cant remember)

You end up losing money. Thankfully I mine my own ore
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sephrick Markarius
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanos View Post
    1 ore = 2k (depending on server) - 3 ores to make 1 ingot (6k in ore) - 1 ingot to make 1 ring (NPC for 2970ish I cant remember)

You end up losing money. Thankfully I mine my own ore
    The person you quoted was talking about using old recipes.

Right now on my GSM I'm doing Dated Darksilver Rings.

I bought 99 silver ore for about 50,000.

Four ores make 12 nuggets. So evenly you can synth 96 ores 24 times making 288 nuggets. Two nuggets per ring is 144 rings at 2,340 Gil each is 336,960. Minus the cost of shards and Brimestone I'll still come out ahead.

Since this ring caps at 38 I may just grind it all the way there. Fortunetly I did Slitstones into the 30s so at 38 I can use all those Cactuar Needles from Cutters' Cry to go well into the 40s.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Bubble Yum
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 50
    Yeah, I like the idea of older recipes but I made this specifically with the idea that the nuggets will be phased out completely in a short time period. In short, I didn't want to come back and update frequently.

But, as of recent, the prices of ore/ingots have been very unstable. At least once a day I can find a decent amount of ingots for under 5k which is a great price if doing the circlets. I would imagine that the merging of the wards will help to drive prices down, too. It also wouldn't be far-fetched to suspect that SE may alter the amount of ores for higher-tier ores sometime in the future (no evidence to back this up but I do suspect it.)
    (0)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast