Character
    Zohar Lumani
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90

Solo Being Left Behind

Meh,

See all the trolling below. Another solid reason why Solo must remain an option, because while it is a social community based game, the community isn't always very community like. More like a 3rd grade playground.

Bottom line, alienate solo play and you crush the game's potential, crush the game's potential and you won't see another FF online game that's just how it works.

This actually wasn't even a post about myself, moreso about others like me, friends of mine who say that it is actually pretty frustrating to play this game and the endless hundreds of negative reviews that point out a game with draconian values can't possibly make it.

People with sensitive minds take things how they want, but in the end that's exactly a prime example of why solo play is unfortunately a necessity. (I admit I get a little annoyed at the trollery myself) Everyone isn't always going to get along, adults can accept that. Children and psychopaths cannot.

Choice is yours SE. Bend to the few trolls, or build a thriving community a new player can join into and not have to worry about dependence on people who can sometimes become very nasty people. Someone with the name "Geesus" for example, who makes fun of my personal faith because it's somehow funny, is not someone I'd ever group with.

For new readers, this was a post, but I used some inflammatory language which set off a round of argument that was not intended or at all helpful to anyone on the forums player or staff otherwise. For that I apologize, I took my original post down.

Yep,

Good luck.
    (4)
    Last edited by SionDurant; 04-05-2012 at 08:11 AM.

Player
    Character
    Roland Debreton
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    I suppose, since you are one of a number of people to make this post and got booed down, that I have to ask this. Why do you want to play a massive multiplayer by yourself? Why not a console game where you are in fact the hero, the one and only. It doesn't even sound like its a time constraint thing, but rather a, "just wanna," thing?

Now, having asked that, my wife and I solo leves all the time, we do it for a.) the faction points, b.) extra xp to cap or catch a party level, c.) something a little different.

I don't find them to be so onerous that one can't finish them, in fact soloing has taught me a great deal about each job and some of its dynamics. In point of fact for many of the mid-range levels 8-15 leves can snag you a whole level, and at earlier levels even less.

Lastly, I have to say this quoting you, "You had better get with the times and apply to all playstyles or this game--this entire company will plummet into the chaos of the global economic downturn. (That sounded dramatic, but it's very true.)" Why have we turned into people that when our perception is that we have not gotten just exactly what we want we need to make threats (even idle, empty, asinine ones like this)?

I've worked in the service industry, retail, and the like for years - this knee-jerk business of give me what I want or I'll have a tantrum kick my feet and threaten with bluster, is old hat. Keep this up folks and the service industries will experience a paradigm of passive aggressive responsiveness to this, which is to say they will ignore you. How about civility and dropping the childish, "I will lead a revolution, my armies of malcontents will destroy your product!" /cobracommanderlaugh

or... make some friends and get a good linkshell this game is surprisingly fun when you play with other people.
    (8)

http://ordovalorum.enjin.com/ - Hyperion based Endgame/Achievement focused Free Company: family friendly, courteous and close.

Player
    Character
    Raldo Volca
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by SionDurant View Post
    People play RPG's to be heroic. If we want to have this manner of nuissance, we can just put on our grown up clothes and get a second job as recreation after business hours.
    ...and people play MMOs to interact with others.

You can successfully solo just fine, so I don't see what your problem is. If you're failing leves and such, the problem lies with you, not the game, as those are meant for solo. Also, an MMO shouldn't allow you complete everything by yourself.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Saint Brimstone
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 70
    Meh.
    MMORPG's are mostly built for the grouping masses, imo, not for the few individuals who like to play solo.
    I typically always play solo in mmos; and I don't want the gameplay to be easier. I solo for the challenge-granted, it may take me weeks longer to accomplish what others do in days (minutes in Abyssea), but still.....I get the satisfaction of doing it on my own.
    And FFXIV being difficult to solo? With any job?
    Not so. In fact...it is far, far too simple. Mobs are simple to solo. Leves are simple to solo. I can't solo attempt to solo group content, so obviously I cannot speak to that point.
    I don't want content for this game to be made any easier...I'd rather it went along the lines of FFXI-the early years, when trying to solo made you cry.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Zohar Lumani
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90
    I work 8 hours a day, have two dogs, and a wife. Meaning, I need to be able to level up a char or do some form of out of group activity that builds toward getting to group content with friends I have that don't work 8 hrs, have 2 dogs and a wife.

Also, you boast working in retail? How about knowing what the stock markets say? FF, SE and in fact 50% of the gaming industry is imperiled by the economy. I don't want to see a good company with excellent history get thrown away, I've played every ff with the exception of 10-2 and 13-2 so I'm a bit of a fanboy.

Point and fact, if a game is not fun for everyone in some kind of way, it's unsuccessful.

I'll disregard the comment about being easy to solo because that's only the case if you play the DoM classes or brd. The rest, post 1.21 are like pulling teeth at low levels, worse than xi. In xi I could get from 1-20 without reading miss for hours straight.

I want to group, all the time, but reality is if you've got friends a tier ahead of you or levels ahead you can't until you catch up and that's hard with limited game time.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Zohar Lumani
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90
    Meh, just realized there's no sense arguing with anyone. I know the facts, have even read Parsers for STR, DEX and VIT. Melee is broken, there's hundreds of posts supporting that from stable minded people.

So it's probably not the content npc wise, but the actual mechanics.

Like I said on my DoM's I do fine, too fine in some cases, DoWs it takes forever, lancer specifically gets killed easily solo, that wasn't the case before 1.19.
    (0)

wait, lancer dies easily in solo? LOL you are doing something wrong man.
    (2)

ViciousLinkshell of Gysahl
    www.viciouslinkshell.com

Player
    Character
    Frein Mannis
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Melee is just fine solo. In fact, it probably solos better than CNJ. Clearly, you're doing it wrong.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Zohar Lumani
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90
    If you think Melee outdoes DoM, you're crazy. 2 Casts and every mob dies, no need to worry about health, one cure max health, no need to wait for TP. MP? I got that, Blessed Mind or Sanguine Rite.

End discussion, you're just trolling. You should check each class I mentioned's forum individually, the players who didn't get to 50 prior to 1.19 all disagree with you. Just because a class is easy at 50, does not mean it's easy at 17.

But whatever, want the game to stagnate? Want it to never pick up steam? That's fine. I guess you'll just play on a graveyard server or go roll on another game right? No biggie!

Lancer does good in solo yet there's a million people posting for more survival. Gladiator does fine, yet there's been over 50 posts in the past week saying completely otherwise, it takes 60 sec to 90 sec to down a mob even when you pop outmaneuver for some extra TP generation and have invigorate. Lying through your teeth, in this case your fingers. Done replying, some people just like to see others unhappy ; that's the kind of mind FFXIV attracts I suppose.
    (0)

Character
    Hiir Noivl
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Wow... That's a huge chip you got there on your shoulder.
    (0)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast